Police Shoot Black Man in the Back in Wisconsin

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Shoot them in the back as they're running away (even with a knife) is surely not sanctioned training.

Yes it is. Where they’re running toward is also part of the equation. If I am shooting an uzi towards buildings while running away from the cops, they can shoot me in the back!

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Really? So cops must kill the person if they shoot? Is that a police rule I never heard of? I guess they better go to the hospital in Wisconsin and finish the job there then.

Absolutely, it’s use of force with deadly force. It means that the situation must be so serious that it’s either kill the guy or there’s serious risk for life. This, on top of how difficult it is to actually hit a moving target. Forcing them to shoot to kill also removes a legal defense.

Here’s a decent article: https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/why-police-shoot-to-kill/index.html

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yes it is. Where they’re running toward is also part of the equation. If I am shooting an uzi towards buildings while running away from the cops, they can shoot me in the back!
Bullshit, it's obvious that all black people are guilty until proven innocent to you, even with clear evidence. But if you think that guy was running towards the cops as he was shot in the back then I want to hit whatever it is you're smoking. Pass that shit around.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
. But if you think that guy was running towards the cops as he was shot in the back then I want to hit whatever it is you're smoking.

You haven’t read what I wrote but called me a racist. Thanks.

PS: i also like how I mentioned that the Wisconsin case seems to be with the police at fault, but you ignored it to tell me that for me blacks are guilty until proven innocent.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You haven’t read what I wrote but called me a racist. Thanks.
I read it and he was "running towards" his car and away from the cops. As for the racist statement, those are your words, not mine. I would simply ask if there's been any of these murders of an unarmed black man where you didn't question the victims actions? If so, I'll be glad to hear that.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I would simply ask if there's been any of these murders of an unarmed black man where you didn't question the victims actions? If so, I'll be glad to hear that.

George Floyd. On June 11th on the other place I mentioned to you that “ that what happened to Floyd was a brutal, unjustified, shameful, horrific murder by someone that shouldn’t have never been a cop.”

I think that was my only statement on the case (mainly because I avoid the other place).

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Guy in Louisiana was violent, armed with a knife, tased and still resisting, and running inside a store. Justified, unless I am proven wrong in the facts I stated.

Guy in Minnesota, not clear cut. I am asking if we know it there was a threat, I do NOT know.
To clarify, I don't believe it's been established there was a knife.

It was heard that an officer said there was a knife, but no one else seems to have seen the knife.

Add that we also don't know why the officers truly singled Blake out, when they were for a disturbance that involved two women. If Blake grew aggressive because they wrongly focused on him, I think his reaction maybe expected. This insistence that one has to defer & be compliant when the police are what be seen by the individual as targeting the wrong individual at some point wears thin.

So, guy in Louisiana also NOT clear cut yet.

What will continued to be referenced though is that an individual who didn't begin as a threat finds himself shot. While other individuals who began as a threat, will find themselves NOT shot, taken alive, and even get lunch.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1298390146656731138/

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks for your post.
Just about this. You know that it was necessary, right? You know that they had to, right?
Just want to be sure I'm reading this right, you're saying the cop had to shoot this guy in the back 7 times as he was fleeing? Please tell me you're referring to something different.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Thanks for your post.
Just about this. You know that it was necessary, right? You know that they had to, right?

How can others “know” something that is purely your opinion? I believe it was probably not necessary. It’s still being investigated by the police. You don’t have anywhere near all the facts, but you’ve made up your mind.

You’ve made up your mind. The police haven’t. Not many here seem to share your opinion.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Just want to be sure I'm reading this right, you're saying the cop had to shoot this guy in the back 7 times as he was fleeing? Please tell me you're referring to something different.

No, I am saying that buying Burger King was necessary.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Quick question. Has anybody in the history of being tased by police just been released to go home because it didn't have an effect? I've never been tased and I'm not black. So I'm just wondering if this is a good proven strategy.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Quick question. Has anybody in the history of being tased by police just been released to go home because it didn't have an effect? I've never been tased and I'm not black. So I'm just wondering if this is a good proven strategy.

As far as I know, many departments consider CEW’s right below deadly devices (mostly to limit their use). They’re usually deployed if things are serious enough to warrant it, and as far as I know it’s to stop a combative individual. If you’re tased, you’re in deep shit. I also have no doubt that they are also abused, which is unacceptable.

The sad thing is that there is no national standard for use of force (just go to the FBI’s website on Use of Force. They collect data but they say to never use it for comparison because there is zero standardization and I believe only 100 agencies on over 20,000 actually report data). I think that the very first step in making things better is to standardize what is deadly force (is chokehold deadly force? How about blunt weapons? Etc), and then standardize their use. Having metrics that are standard will also help monitor when force is used correctly and when it’s not.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score

Right-wing Facebook groups encouraged people to go to Wisconsin with guns and ‘defend the city.’ Murdering protesters is how they did it. All riled up by the divisive Trump rhetoric. Please everybody vote for Joe... we need somebody who will try to heal these situations instead of throwing gas on the fire.

Do you ever sleep??

Sad story, hopefully whoever is guilty of murder will be brought to justice.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Right-wing Facebook groups encouraged people to go to Wisconsin with guns and ‘defend the city.’ Murdering protesters is how they did it. All riled up by the divisive Trump rhetoric. Please everybody vote for Joe... we need somebody who will try to heal these situations instead of throwing gas on the fire.
No matter how racist and hateful Trump supporters are, they will not ding the movement.

U

User.45

They can investigate all they want but what they can't do is tell you that what you can see with your own eyes is questionable. They shot this unarmed man in the back in cold blood as he was entering his vehicle in front of God an everyone (including his own children).

Furthermore, if it wasn't for someone catching this on camera there would likely be no investigation at all. People are angry and people are protesting, I understand every bit of it. We've tried being peaceful and Republicans ignored us, we try taking a stand and Republicans use excessive force. If we want change we're going to have to take it and an uprising is how that happens.

I'm 100% with these protesters out there.

The Kenosha shooting is the epitome of the law of the instrument:
"Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding."

I think it also reflects the problem.
If you need to hand out guns, don't give them to small boys.
If you only have small boys, don't hand them guns.

Top Bottom
1 2