Police Shoot Black Man in the Back in Wisconsin

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Wow, cop in the first video should lose his/her (looks like a female) job. Going for the door like that and risking being disarmed? Not shooting after being charged that way? Stupid, foolish, incompetent.
looks like she did fire but missed?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Frankly, I would be shocked if they didn't find this justified, as the case with most cases of cops murdering black people. This is what needs to change. Never has anyone felt truly threatened by someone running away from them, even if he has a knife. On the face that is utterly ridiculous but the system is geared to give the officer the benefit of the doubt and it seems likely to happen here.

If we want change, we must force their hand, there's clearly no other way.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I am 50/50 on this one to be honest. If the kids weren’t there it would be hard to claim that it was justified. Kids were there so it’s a bit “easier”.
Tough one, tbh.

I'm of the opposite opinion. If the kids weren't there, it'd be easier to justify the shooting. Why else would he so desperately be trying to get in the car?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I'm of the opposite opinion. If the kids weren't there, it'd be easier to justify the shooting. Why else would he so desperately be trying to get in the car?

From a policing perspective, that would make it a hostage situation. Entering a location (or trying to), armed, in which other innocent individuals are present makes it so.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Frankly, I would be shocked if they didn't find this justified, as the case with most cases of cops murdering black people. This is what needs to change. Never has anyone felt truly threatened by someone running away from them, even if he has a knife. On the face that is utterly ridiculous but the system is geared to give the office the benefit of the doubt and it seems likely to happen here.

If we want change, we must force their hand, there's clearly no other way.
Bear in mind, that knife has also moved.

In MR there was someone posting grainy pics from Twitter that had Blake had the knife, NOT that it was in the van.

There's still time for more changes.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
In MR there was someone posting grainy pics from Twitter that had Blake had the knife, NOT that it was in the van.

I might be wrong, but weren't those from the other shooting? I might be totally wrong. However, State says the weapon was located in the car and that Mr. Blake confirmed that there was a weapon there.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

I would not trust those close up shots, usually accompanied by a bunch of big red circles, that people post on the internet to justify whatever crap they're arguing.

Remember the Ahmaud Arbery shooting? All across Facebook, I'd see people post grainy shot after grainy shot of stills from the smartphone video, saying things like "WHY IS HE WEARING HIKING BOOTS? JOGGERS DON'T WEAR HIKING BOOTS!" or "WHY IS THERE A HAMMER ON THE ROAD? HE STOLE THAT HAMMER, AND WAS DITCHING THE EVIDENCE!", when all you have is a black interpolated blur of a foot, and that hammer could just as easily be a stick on the road.

Last edited:

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I would not trust those close up shots, usually accompanied by a bunch of big red circles, that people post on the internet to justify whatever crap they're arguing.

Remember the Ahmaud Arbery shooting? All across Facebook, I'd see people post grainy shot after grainy of stills from the smartphone video, saying things like "WHY IS HE WEARING HIKING BOOTS? JOGGERS DON'T WEAR HIKING BOOTS!" or "WHY IS THERE A HAMMER ON THE ROAD? HE STOLE THAT HAMMER, AND WAS DITCHING THE EVIDENCE!", when all you have is a black interpolated blur of a foot, and that hammer could just as easily be a stick on the road.

Never trust the red circle. Never.
From a certain point of view, you hit a serious point. This is becoming worse than the UFO sightings in which nothing is clear, witnesses contradict themselves, many blurred pics, lots of red circles, but people jump to conclusions that are truly out there. The sad thing is that with old UFO sightings pics there wasn't this instantaneous global reaction.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Never trust the red circle. Never.
From a certain point of view, you hit a serious point. This is becoming worse than the UFO sightings in which nothing is clear, witnesses contradict themselves, many blurred pics, lots of red circles, but people jump to conclusions that are truly out there. The sad thing is that with old UFO sightings pics there wasn't this instantaneous global reaction.
I often refer to the New Mexico incident with the statues. There a kid went there to play militia boy, pushed down a woman, and protestors responded to protect her. Another kid had a skateboard and rushed in, the militia kid opened fire. The online crowd rushed to militia boy's defense photoshopping a blurry black object they swore was a knife. In some instances the skateboard was shopped out. That kid cried "self defense" and to call his father in law enforcement. His militia buddies disavowed him, even though they did help protect him from the shitshow he caused.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I often refer to the New Mexico incident with the statues. There a kid went there to play militia boy, pushed down a woman, and protestors responded to protect her. Another kid had a skateboard and rushed in, the militia kid opened fire. The online crowd rushed to militia boy's defense photoshopping a blurry black object they swore was a knife. In some instances the skateboard was shopped out. That kid cried "self defense" and to call his father in law enforcement. His militia buddies disavowed him, even though they did help protect him from the shitshow he caused.

It’s getting insane.
The Arbery shooting made me drop a few friends which jumped to immediate conclusions (they said he was guilty of something) while it was an evident case of ambush (now if they premeditated to kill him, difficult to say; but they were certainly ready to).
They were like “why did he jump the guy with the shotgun if he was innocent?” to which I explained a-la Ben Shapiro (I was very glad that he took that position, he calmed down many conservatives in my opinion) that anyone pro-2A would’ve defended himself from someone blocking them in a threatening way with a shotgun. Obviously some didn’t like my observation to the point I told them to fuck off. Sadly, I think it’s just getting worse and worse.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Actually yesterday my oldest kid asked me if that 17yo that shot people in Wisconsin was going to jail and when I responded yes, he was very puzzled. We discussed a bit and I made him understand that self-defense is not a blanket cover, you might be a provoking and be guilty and be using force unjustly even if you’re attacked first. I also made him understand - apparently kids were fighting online on this - that both things might be true at once, that is that his use of the shotgun was not self defense due to obvious provocations while whoever attacked him might be guilty of assault. I think there is lots of ignorance on how things work.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It’s getting insane.
The Arbery shooting made me drop a few friends which jumped to immediate conclusions (they said he was guilty of something) while it was an evident case of ambush (now if they premeditated to kill him, difficult to say; but they were certainly ready to).
They were like “why did he jump the guy with the shotgun if he was innocent?” to which I explained a-la Ben Shapiro (I was very glad that he took that position, he calmed down many conservatives in my opinion) that anyone pro-2A would’ve defended himself from someone blocking them in a threatening way with a shotgun. Obviously some didn’t like my observation to the point I told them to fuck off. Sadly, I think it’s just getting worse and worse.
My worry is more on the individuals who will go to such lengths defending such things, by altering or changing such things.

If they believe their cause is right or just, why are they photo shopping things?

To me it's like an admission you know some of what's going on is shit, but you are okay with it & will do what it takes to keep that going.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
My worry is more on the individuals who will go to such lengths defending such things, by altering or changing such things.

If they believe their cause is right or just, why are they photo shopping things?

To me it's like an admission you know some of what's going on is shit, but you are okay with it & will do what it takes to keep that going.

absolutely. It pisses me off. One thing is providing an interpretation, one thing is altering facts on purpose (heck, they work to alter the elements!!!).

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Actually yesterday my oldest kid asked me if that 17yo that shot people in Wisconsin was going to jail and when I responded yes, he was very puzzled. We discussed a bit and I made him understand that self-defense is not a blanket cover, you might be a provoking and be guilty and be using force unjustly even if you’re attacked first. I also made him understand - apparently kids were fighting online on this - that both things might be true at once, that is that his use of the shotgun was not self defense due to obvious provocations while whoever attacked him might be guilty of assault. I think there is lots of ignorance on how things work.

Schroedinger’s defense.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Police Union account of the shooting debunked by eye witnesses:

Top Bottom
1 2