Police Shoot Black Man in the Back in Wisconsin

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This one caused rioting overnight in Wisconsin.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Appalled by the Governor's statement. Admits that he doesn't know all the relevant facts, jumps to a conclusion. Talk about pandering.
Hopefully we'll know soon if it's a justified shooting or not.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I don’t how any shooting in the back could be considered justified.

Yes it can.
Extreme example: Guy shoots towards crowd of children at a park from a sidewalk. Cop on a bike that was passing by shoots him on the back to stop the shooting.

The relevant factor (or at least one of them) is where the armed suspect is going to, not where the cop's location is.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Extreme example: Guy shoots towards crowd of children at a park from a sidewalk. Cop on a bike that was passing by shoots him on the back to stop the shooting.

You’ve now got a cop shooting towards a crowd of children at a park. How is that any better?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
My current favorite is shooting at a car from behind while it's stuck in a ditch. "Fear for my life" is helluva drug! -Officer Rick James

Last edited:

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
You’ve now got a cop shooting towards a crowd of children at a park. How is that any better?

Well, you asked a question about shooting at someone's back, my answer is about that. Yes, there are times in which shooting at someone's back is fully justified and I provided an example in which it would.

As for this specific case, I honestly can't tell you if it's justified or not simply because I don't know anything about it except what a lawyer is saying and some news snippets. From the initial look of it, it doesn't look justified, but at this point I would be foolish at drawing conclusions based on the little information we have.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Appalled by the Governor's statement. Admits that he doesn't know all the relevant facts, jumps to a conclusion. Talk about pandering.
Hopefully we'll know soon if it's a justified shooting or not.

This will not age well.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score

Yes, he does matter. For that reason I expect a full fledged investigation and if the cops are at fault, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
They can investigate all they want but what they can't do is tell you that what you can see with your own eyes is questionable. They shot this unarmed man in the back in cold blood as he was entering his vehicle in front of God an everyone (including his own children).

Furthermore, if it wasn't for someone catching this on camera there would likely be no investigation at all. People are angry and people are protesting, I understand every bit of it. We've tried being peaceful and Republicans ignored us, we try taking a stand and Republicans use excessive force. If we want change we're going to have to take it and an uprising is how that happens.

I'm 100% with these protesters out there.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Yes, he does matter. For that reason I expect a full fledged investigation and if the cops are at fault, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

During the press conference, the family made the point that if a civilian had shot somebody in the back and it was on video, they’d be arrested immediately and held until trial. But for the cops, well they are free to live normally until the investigation is completed.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
They can investigate all they want but what they can't do is tell you that what you can see with your own eyes is questionable. They shot this unarmed man in the back in cold blood as he was entering his vehicle in front of God an everyone (including his own children).

Do we know for sure that there was no weapon on the seats?

Furthermore, if it wasn't for someone catching this on camera there would likely be no investigation at all.

That's a hypothetical that can't be proved either way. I'd stick to the facts.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
During the press conference, the family made the point that if a civilian had shot somebody in the back and it was on video, they’d be arrested immediately and held until trial. But for the cops, well they are free to live normally until the investigation is completed.

Not really, it would depend on the situation. And Civilians != cops for a reason. A cop is expected to shoot and kill a threat. Now, the LA is probably abuse of force (at least based on what I saw), but the fact that wanting more investigations is seen as strange is appalling.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Typical right wing response... "yeah but what did he do to deserve it".

You JUST said "Do we know for sure that there was no weapon on the seats?" and in the same breath told me to stick to the facts. Man, you really need to read what you're typing out.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

You had enough proof in the Louisiana case to say it was a justified shooting. I don’t see a big difference in the amount of evidence here. Just say it was justified already. We know you think it was. Any black guy opening the door to his car is clearly going to grab a gun....

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Typical right wing response... "yeah but what did he do to deserve it".

No, I am saying they I don’t know if he deserved it. Do we know for sure that he was unarmed? It’s a factual question.

You JUST said "Do we know for sure that there was no weapon on the seats?" and in the same breath told me to stick to the facts. Man, you really need to read what you're typing out.

No, see above. I am asking if we know if he was armed or not. I do not know the answer, but the presence or not of a weapons is a tangible element and quite an important one.

Top Bottom
1 2