Police shootings are still happening

U

User.45

So far, race isn’t a factor except for being injected.
Do you think this interaction was appropriate though?

Police comments are the one that actually totally discredit them:

"The police said that Mr. Crooms then drove at Deputy Santiago-Miranda, who fired his gun “in an attempt to stop the deadly threat of the car from crashing into him.” On the video, at least eight shots could be heard striking the car."

You read the article and like "sucks but the kids should have known better", then you watch the video and it's obvious that the officers are lying. The shots were fired when the car was already pointing away from them.

EDIT:
I rewatched the video and I missed the officer in the left of the field of view (I watched it zoomed in and originally thought the shots were fired from the right). So now I see that there is some corroboration of what the officer is stating, though if you watch it closely, the wheels are cranked all the way to the right to avoid the officer who jumped in front of the car. So to me it is quite clear that the person was not trying to run over the cop. It's a different question whether the cop would have had a chance to appreciate this. Probably not, however, I'm fairly certain that once guns are drawn, problem solving becomes binary: trigger pull 1 or 0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Do you think this interaction was appropriate though?
I watched the video and will say it isn’t unjustified yet.
You read the article and like "sucks but the kids should have known better", then you watch the video and it's obvious that the officers are lying. The shots were fired when the car was already pointing away from them.
What is meant by “you”? I‘m capable of speaking for myself.

Lastly, I pointed out race is not involved here except where it’s being injected. Which is apparently not in dispute.

U

User.45

I watched the video and will say it isn’t unjustified yet.
*this is an edit*: agree.

What is meant by “you”? I‘m capable of speaking for myself.
It's a generic you, if it's confusing, just replace it with one.

Lastly, I pointed out race is not involved here except where it’s being injected. Which is apparently not in dispute.
Unfortunately the stats show that race isn't irrelevant in killings like this, but I'm happy to ignore it as long as we are willing to hold cops accountable. *This holds.*

Last edited by a moderator:

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
My problem is that again what I see is not what the cops were reported to claim, and that's something that immediately nullifies the credibility of the officers in my eye.

It's a generic you, if it's confusing, just replace it with one.

Unfortunately the stats show that race isn't irrelevant in killings like this, but I'm happy to ignore it as long as we are willing to hold cops accountable.

1. I read the article and watched the video. Nothing incongruent or conclusive it was unjustified yet.
2. It is confusing; Thank you.
3. As they are.

U

User.45

1. I read the article and watched the video. Nothing incongruent or conclusive it was unjustified yet.
2. It is confusing; Thank you.
3. As they are.
I edited my posts as above. As with #3 this is definitely not true.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
When the police are infiltrated by the far white, we have a problem. When they hire a person who turns out to be a cleaner with a local gang, something seriously needs to be fixed here.

If they hired him when he was a gang member then they have a problem with their background investigations. Btw, I doubt Vancito Gumbs was a member of the far white. Sigh....

Since the FBI investigated and arrested him....sounds like something was working.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I doubt Vancito Gumbs was a member of the far white.
I did not mean to suggest that he was. I was merely alluding to this 2006 pdf in which the FBI outlines the serious concerns related to far white infiltration of police forces around the country. If we cannot prevent this sort of thing from happening, we need to take steps to insure that the police have less power than they seem to crave.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
I did not mean to suggest that he was. I was merely alluding to this 2006 pdf in which the FBI outlines the serious concerns related to far white infiltration of police forces around the country. If we cannot prevent this sort of thing from happening, we need to take steps to insure that the police have less power than they seem to crave.
Did you read it?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So far, race isn’t a factor except for being injected.
So far, we don’t KNOW if race was the determining factor. In America, it always is A factor.

1. We don’t know why the car was suspected to have been stolen. Was it racial profiling? Was there a credible report and a matching plate?

2. Would the police have responded differently if it was white teenagers in the car? In many videos posted on this forum and elsewhere, we see white criminals straight-up assaulting armed police officers and somehow they don‘t get shot.

At this point, I think it should not be ”prove that race was a factor.” It should be the other way around. The statistics on black people being killed by police at a far higher rate than white people don‘t lie.

U

User.45

Elaborate.

BTW, why would it be absurd? Cops are charged at an extremely low rate for killings in their custody. But when prosecutors press charges these stick at a statistically significantly lower rate than with the general population. Here. My opinion, based on data. I'm curious of your counterargument if you are willing to provide one.

Top Bottom
1 2