Political Memes Redux

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
UpLxzAp.jpg

Seriously. Do we know if JK is actually real or not?

Story time. So, JK is actually a proto-AI I built from memes and the menu from Gordo's Mexicateria. One night, I drank too much, and while dancing to tejano music, I knocked a bottle of mescal on the motherboard.

I'm sorry, I fucked up and let it into the wild.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Conservatives are just mad because the liberals actually took the initiative to do what they only imply they'll do.

"If you do anything to infringe upon my Baby Jesus given rights, well, I won't say what'll happen exactly, but there WILL be a reckoning of some sort. Like ole Tommy Jeff said, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of..."

:liberals riot:

"HOLY SHIT, DUDES! CALM THE FUCK DOWN!"

Liberals: No justice, no peace:
Police: Tear gas 'em!
Gun-carrying sociopaths: The tree of liberty shall be slaked by the blood of tyrants, including that lady at Whole Foods who wouldn't let me shop for $12 mangos.
Police: They seem like such nice boys.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
@yaxomoxay Remember when you said that murder rate in the US proves that Americans, in general, are more prone to killing? Here's the reason why.

It's not merely our easy access to guns. It's that people are actively looking for any excuse to kill people, and openly celebrate those who do.

There's a sickness in our culture that goes right to the bone.

Last edited:

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
@yaxomoxay Remember when you said that murder rate in the US proves that Americans, in general, are more prone to killing? Here's the reason why.

It's not merely our easy access to guns. It's that people are looking for actively looking for any excuse to kill people, and openly celebrate those who do.

I don’t read minds so I can’t really say if it’s true or not, but I must say that I am glad I didn’t grow up in the US. This place is seriously alienating, everyone under continuous scrutiny by everyone, everyone making big deals out of everything, teachers calling cops on 5yo’s, everything is armageddon. Heck they (Teacher) threatened to call the police on my then 15yo son because he “was looking at the teacher in the wrong way.” Me yelling at the counselor helped prevent the call to the cops.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I don’t read minds so I can’t really say if it’s true or not, but I must say that I am glad I didn’t grow up in the US. This place is seriously alienating, everyone under continuous scrutiny by everyone, everyone making big deals out of everything, teachers calling cops on 5yo’s, everything is armageddon. Heck they (Teacher) threatened to call the police on my then 15yo son because he “was looking at the teacher in the wrong way.” Me yelling at the counselor helped prevent the call to the cops.

It's all due to a terrible combination of general overall self-righteousness, a sense of smug satisfaction in seeing what we believe to be the due suffering of others, and generally being a pretty high strung bunch of people.

We are a country that hates itself. No one in the world hates Americans more than other Americans. The disdain for our fellow countrymen burns more fiercely than the hatred of what even a thousand ISIS' could muster.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

It's not merely our easy access to guns. It's that people are looking for actively looking for any excuse to kill people, and openly celebrate those who do.

There's an underlying "gun culture" in the US, it reinforces guns as a response, that guns empower you to take action, they provide a false sense of control that leads to be people being more confrontational. So many gun owners fetishize their firearms, they love boasting about their collections, displaying them, talking about them - as a matter of wanting one for defense and quietly owning it, sure, I myself am an owner.

I've seen a number of PhDs in the psych space speak on the matter, and they believe there's a sort of "violence empowerment" with gun ownership - when people carp about, "Well, cars or knifes can kill people" those mechanisms don't motivate, because they have a purpose that's not about killing, they're ultitiarian, or transportation. For the sick individuals that needs that extra push to do something horrific, guns are a conduit to thinking that killing/violence is the solution (beyond just the simple mechanics of how lethal a single person is with an automatic firearm).

There's a HUGE difference in a politically motivated individual who builds a bomb out of pressure cooker and fertilizer, and the nutjob who shoots up a school as a power statement. I'm convinced if the latter didn't have guns (and the looming gun culture presence in the US), they'd be way less inclined to seek other methods.

Top Bottom
1 2