Hahaha, a Family Guy moment:

"Are you guys pirates?"

"Well, yes, a kind of pirate!"

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Uncle Joe's Majorette Camp was quite an experience.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Unlicensed, unregulated, unlimited fun!

Yeah almost everyone has some kinda story about camping.

almost everyone has a story about camping.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
ok so that was off topic but i didn't start it. back to politics... file under if ya can't laugh, might as well cry. or just sit back and imagine a good show.

dance of the seven veils.jpg

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Yeah almost everyone has some kinda story about camping.

I remember the first time I went camping with the Boy Scouts. I go hiking with one of the troops for a couple of hours, and when I got back to base, there were snails all over our tents, and this one kid managed to get stung on his bare ass by a bunch of wasps.

...and no, I'm not kidding. To this day, I still don't know what exactly happened.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
I remember the first time I went camping with the Boy Scouts. I go hiking with one of the troops for a couple of hours, and when I got back to base, there were snails all over our tents, and this one kid managed to get stung on his bare ass by a bunch of wasps.

...and no, I'm not kidding. To this day, I still don't know what exactly happened.

My favorite camping story comes from college.

As college students, we could borrow gear, so while I had my own stuff, the group went and borrowed tents, stoves, and other sundries, and headed out to a favored car campsite. I read the weather reporter—nerd—and realized it was going to rain, so I decided to sleep in the back of my Jeep on a big foam pad.

That night was a rager, and we get merrily drunk and ate all the food, and drank all the beer. And, the last time I saw my roommate he was clutching a box of Red Dog and was desperately trying to drown himself over a girl, one bad beer at a time. I was busily trying to hook up with this really cute redhead.

As the sun rose, I realize two things. One, this foam pad in the back of my Jeep is not thick enough for me to sleep much, especially with a mostly naked girl on top of me, and I'm sweltering. The second thing is I don't know where the hell my roommate is.

So, I carefully extricate myself from underneath this snoozing girl, cover her with blankets, and crawl out the driver's door of the Jeep with my boots in my hands. I eventually make my way down to where we had built an enormous fire, and come to realize that the rocky shelf is there because my idiot friends built the goddamned firepit in a sandy wash. My roommate is passed out on a log with his guitar, and he smells like he's dead.

I look up and realize that I can see waterfalls in the mountains above me. Now, I'm foggy-brained, and hung over, and I've probably slept two hours, but after a kind of grinding of gears I realize that we've fucked up.

So, I start yelling at my roommate, who wakes up and slides off the log, and then stares at me. "We've got to move," I say, gesticulating wildly because I realize that the mountain pool above the shelf is there for a reason, and I can hear it filling with water like a sink.

"What the fuck, dude?" he says, and comes toward me because he decided to slap me as he's massively hung-over, and I'm screaming at him to move his ass.

At this point, a wave of water blasts over the ledge, hits the log dead on, and the whole area starts to fill with water. It's gone from sandy little beach among rocks to the Colorado River.

We amble back, and come upon two dorm-mates who slept in a borrowed tent with about eight other people. I look into the tent, and realize there's a big fucking pool of water in the middle. One of them proceeds to explain that they couldn't find the rainfly, and so everyone slept that night in a ring against the outside of the tent.

I find this hilarious, but don't laugh because everyone looks miserable. So, I help un-stake the tent, and we tip it over so all the water can run out, and I hear something roll inside the tent.
And, then it plops out and I instantly realize it's the rainfly. "Here's the rainfly," I tell them. And, one of the guys blurts out without thinking,"Oh, I was using that as a pillow."

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
You know those little articles you get when you open Firefox's front page?

Sometimes they look like they're a meme waiting to happen.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 6.44.25 PM.png
Frankly, I would argue this article's premise. Vigorously.

lizkat

Reaction score
You know those little articles you get when you open Firefox's front page?

Sometimes they look like they're a meme waiting to happen.

Frankly, I would argue this article's premise. Vigorously.

Premise be damned, the preview definitely looks like a meme in the making and someone's probably already morphed it into one. From Vox yet, that headline has to be at least partly tongue in cheek.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Hey, JK's been kicked for a week, right?

olol, he so STUPID! Derp derp derp! My name is JKcerda, and I am dum!

...WHATCHA GON DO BOUT IT, HOSS? AIN'T A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO! :D

lizkat

Reaction score
Hey, JK's been kicked for a week, right?

olol, he so STUPID! Derp derp derp! My name is JKcerda, and I am dum!

...WHATCHA GON DO BOUT IT, HOSS? AIN'T A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO! :D

Where is a YouTube rendition of Elvis Presley crooning Don't Be Cruel? Ah here it is...

Top Bottom
1 2