Poor customer service

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
So my i3 decided in no longer wanted to have cruise control a couple of weeks back. Also didn't want to continue to warn me when pedestrians would walk out into the road.

No bid deal. I can drive fine without and the car is still under warranty. So booked it in and picked up a loan i3 on Monday.

So that's where the fun starts.
First of all they tell me they need to order a part. Ok, how long? No idea. It could be a week or 10.
Secondly I need to take their loan car back and they will swap me to a longer term loan car. So Tuesday my second visit to the garage. Its got a smaller battery and no fast charging cable. But as my car was still there, I grabbed my cable from the boot and we are good to go.
Then out of the blue today I get a call to say my car is ready to collect. Part came in this morning and its all done. Yay I think. Even better I'm WFH today so nice and easy for me.

So I collect my car. The guy tells me they fixed the issue with the interior trim I had also reported as well as the adaptive cruise control/warning thing.
On the way out of the car park I notice the trim has not been fixed. I go back in and tell the guy. He said they will give me a call next week. Not a big deal as it is a very minor thing. But as I get to the duel carriageway I see the cruise control will not activate. Not the same issue as before, but still not working.

Called three times before they shut and the receptionist said I would get a call back. Needless to say I did not.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So my i3 decided in no longer wanted to have cruise control a couple of weeks back. Also didn't want to continue to warn me when pedestrians would walk out into the road.

No bid deal. I can drive fine without and the car is still under warranty. So booked it in and picked up a loan i3 on Monday.

So that's where the fun starts.
First of all they tell me they need to order a part. Ok, how long? No idea. It could be a week or 10.
Secondly I need to take their loan car back and they will swap me to a longer term loan car. So Tuesday my second visit to the garage. Its got a smaller battery and no fast charging cable. But as my car was still there, I grabbed my cable from the boot and we are good to go.
Then out of the blue today I get a call to say my car is ready to collect. Part came in this morning and its all done. Yay I think. Even better I'm WFH today so nice and easy for me.

So I collect my car. The guy tells me they fixed the issue with the interior trim I had also reported as well as the adaptive cruise control/warning thing.
On the way out of the car park I notice the trim has not been fixed. I go back in and tell the guy. He said they will give me a call next week. Not a big deal as it is a very minor thing. But as I get to the duel carriageway I see the cruise control will not activate. Not the same issue as before, but still not working.

Called three times before they shut and the receptionist said I would get a call back. Needless to say I did not.
Sorry to hear that, so basically nothing was actually fixed? Wonder if they just replaced the part they thought was bad and didn't test it at all.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, so basically nothing was actually fixed? Wonder if they just replaced the part they thought was bad and didn't test it at all.
Not sure. It doesn’t warn me it’s not working anymore, so somethings changed. Best case scenario is it just needs reactivating or something is still disconnected.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
So a bit of an update. Still no call, but the ACC did actually work today on a couple of trips, but not on another. So I will do a bit more testing before I speak to them Tuesday (Monday is a bank holiday here).

Top Bottom
1 2