Predicted Trump news network if he loses

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is quite interesting and has actually been discussed and it seems reasonably realistic as opposed to refusing to leave the White House and triggering the next civil war. Honestly it seems like a dream come true for Trump. He can feed his ego and fire off his opinion without being held accountable and can wax poetic about ratings, the only form of measurement he seems to give a shit about. I'd also be curious to see how many of his current supporters would latch on to it. I feel like it would be akin to Howard Stern moving to satellite radio. "I really liked him until I had to pay for it/he was unable to make any actual policy."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is quite interesting and has actually been discussed and it seems reasonably realistic as opposed to refusing to leave the White House and triggering the next civil war. Honestly it seems like a dream come true for Trump. He can feed his ego and fire off his opinion without being held accountable and can wax poetic about ratings, the only form of measurement he seems to give a shit about. I'd also be curious to see how many of his current supporters would latch on to it. I feel like it would be akin to Howard Stern moving to satellite radio. "I really liked him until I had to pay for it/he was unable to make any actual policy."
I could be wrong but if he goes down big, so will his credibility (as if he had that anyway) in the eyes of Americans. But if he goes back to reality TV where he's firing people I would probably watch that, it's funny as long as he's not the leader of the free world.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

With any luck, (and a forensic and meticulous legal case), Mr Trump might face charges and imprisonment long before he has a chance to establish a dodgy news network.

I know that Americans are supposed to love a redemption story, but can we see redemption - let alone credibility, or financial success, if Mr Trump did establish such a thing?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems simpler for him to go to OAN and just be kind of a mascot for awhile. He’ll want investors for his own thing, and, with his legal issues, I’d think it would be tough to get funding.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I could be wrong but if he goes down big, so will his credibility (as if he had that anyway) in the eyes of Americans. But if he goes back to reality TV where he's firing people I would probably watch that, it's funny as long as he's not the leader of the free world.

That's a maybe on Trump's credibility since his fans don't GAF about that anyway, apparently.

But as far as ever wanting to see him grabbing center stage again, even as entertainment.... I'll pass on that, short of seeing him marched off to the slam. I'd even settle for seeing paparazzi pics of him one last time deplaning in some country with golf courses where our extradition treaties may be weakly enforced... for a price to the powers that be in such a state.

In back of my mind is concern about his fans trying to make a perpetual martyr of him as he faces whatever charges are prosecuted after he leaves federal office. Our larger concern there should probably be whether his fans switch political allegiance to someone "kinda like Trump" --but who is better connected politically, younger, more competent-- with the same autocratic leanings. Some members of the Senate and House do come to mind, although so far they have far fewer followers because their celebrity value has not preceded their entrance into politics.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
With any luck, (and a forensic and meticulous legal case), Mr Trump might face charges and imprisonment long before he has a chance to establish a dodgy news network.
In my really angry moments, given the deaths resulting from his recklessness and coverups of Covid information, I want to see him charged with crimes against humanity. 😡

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
I'd love to see him in an orange boiler suit with foot shackles. (I don't know if that is a stereotype we outside the USA have, but it'd be so appropriate.)

Then imagine the trial if it was televised! Trump in the box!

It would be ratings gold. Networks would crazy bidding for it.

Ah well… He still has to lose though and I am not counting on this chick before its skipped the egg and is running free in the yard.

Edit: I think the reality will be far more mundane, and yes, as @PearsonX noted he will never be indicted. More's the pity.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Trump's mojo is winning. The problem with such mojo is that it disappears the moment he loses.

He'll face charges but will never be indicted, because that' the way the system works.

I'd love to see him in an orange boiler suit with foot shackles. (I don't know if that is a stereotype we outside the USA have, but it'd be so appropriate.)

Ah well… He still has to lose though and I am not counting on this chick before its skipped the egg and is running free in the yard.

Edit: I think the reality will be far more mundane, and yes, as @PearsonX noted he will never be indicted. More's the pity.
Well, I try to take comfort (possibly scant comfort) from the fact that some of President Nixon's team spent time behind bars, as have an unprecedented number of Mr Trump's minions already - and that is even before the election.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

First this:

8D350299-B1B6-46C7-8078-E38DE4555AA4.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Ordinarily, I deeply dislike the public punishment in the form of humiliation meted out to those who are charged with crimes, or felonies, in the United States. It sits ill with the concept of an accused who still retains the rights and dignity of their identity as a citizen, and also sits ill with the concept of presumed innocence until proven, or found, otherwise.

However, I will make an exception - a singular exception - in the case of this current President: An orange suit for an orange man seems a fitting and apt metaphor.

U

User.45

Ordinarily, I deeply dislike the public punishment in the form of humiliation meted out to those who are charged with crimes, or felonies, in the United States. It sits ill with the concept of an accused who still retains the rights and dignity of their identity as a citizen, and also sits ill with the concept of presumed innocence until proven, or found, otherwise.

However, I will make an exception - a singular exception - in the case of this current President: An orange suit for an orange man seems a fitting and apt metaphor.
My hope is that he won't become a martyr...

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
In the eyes of his cult he's already a martyr.

I said this early on in PRSI, that 45 would go the route of making his own 'news' brand. Probably with the help of that Chinese network that blew up on Youtube ( Epoch Times ) that evangelizes anything 45.

45 when he's out of office is going to spend the rest of his days backseat trolling whoever is in office. Recounting a mythical time that NEVER happened, where he made America great again. In between denying he knew anyone associated or in his administration that actually faces charges for the shit they pulled the last 4 years.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

In the eyes of his cult he's already a martyr.

I said this early on in PRSI, that 45 would go the route of making his own 'news' brand. Probably with the help of that Chinese network that blew up on Youtube ( Epoch Times ) that evangelizes anything 45.

45 when he's out of office is going to spend the rest of his days backseat trolling whoever is in office. Recounting a mythical time that NEVER happened, where he made America great again. In between denying he knew anyone associated or in his administration that actually faces charges for the shit they pulled the last 4 years.

He'll have to find a credible way of dealing with those loans of around $400 million that are scheduled to fall due, and that may interfere with his planned martyrdom; moreover, it is difficult to be a martyr if your debts and business bankruptcies are all your own fault, and if you regularly stiff your suppliers, creditors, banks and employees.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
He'll have to find a credible way of dealing with those loans of around $400 million that are scheduled to fall due, and that may interfere with his planned martyrdom; moreover, it is difficult to be a martyr if your debts and business bankruptcies are all your own fault, and if you regularly stiff your suppliers, creditors, banks and employees.
You might have missed what some of the grifters on the right have learned to lean on heavily.

GOFUNDME.

If you don't think this guy can't find enough suckers to help pay for that, convince someone to forgive more debt, than tell everyone what a great businessman he is... :cool:

45 will go as far as to have the nerve to hold a marathon with an all star guest list of John Stamos, Antonio Sabato Jr, Jack Nicklaus, 50 Cent, Scott Baio, Kirstie Alley, and a few more.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
You might have missed what some of the grifters on the right have learned to lean on heavily.

GOFUNDME.

If you don't think this guy can't find enough suckers to help pay for that, convince someone to forgive more debt, than tell everyone what a great businessman he is... :cool:

45 will go as far as to have the nerve to hold a marathon with an all star guest list of John Stamos, Antonio Sabato Jr, Jack Nicklaus, 50 Cent, Scott Baio, Kirstie Alley, and a few more.

Then they will have to reconcile themselves to being stiffed, or, perhaps benignly, viewed as "useful idiots", as Vladimir Ulyanov (Lenin) phrased it.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Then they will have to reconcile themselves to being stiffed, or, perhaps benignly, viewed as "useful idiots", as Vladimir Ulyanov (Lenin) phrased it.
May I offer into evidence on my behalf...
Thousands of Donald Trump’s supporters were duped by his former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon and others into supporting an online crowdfunding effort to build the president’s long-promised border wall, federal prosecutors have alleged.

The indictment of Mr Bannon, Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato and Timothy Shea was the result of what prosecutors described as an illegal scheme which “defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalising on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretence that all of that money would be spent on construction” along the US-Mexico border.

Instead, the four men were accused of setting up the “We Build the Wall” crowdfunding campaign, which raised over $25m, to fund their own lavish lifestyles – funnelling that money through sham nonprofits created with the sole purpose of concealing payments the men were making to themselves.

“While repeatedly assuring donors that Brian Kolfage, the founder and public face of We Build the Wall, would not be paid a cent, the defendants secretly schemed to pass hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kolfage, which he used to fund his lavish lifestyle,” acting US attorney Audrey Strauss said in a statement on Thursday. “The defendants allegedly engaged in fraud when they misrepresented the true use of donated funds. As alleged, not only did they lie to donors, they schemed to hide their misappropriation of funds by creating sham invoices and accounts to launder donations and cover up their crimes, showing no regard for the law or the truth.”

Despite the group of men assuring donors that Mr Kolfage would “not take a penny in salary or compensation” from the campaign, the indictment went on to allege that the US air force veteran “covertly took for his personal use more than $350,000 in funds that donors had given to We Build the Wall”.

Top Bottom
1 2