Pregnancy From Rape Is 'An Opportunity' For Women, Says Republican Trying To Ban Abortion

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rape is bad, but not bad enough to warrant an abortion, according to one Republican lawmaker from Ohio.
State Rep. Jean Schmidt (R) introduced her anti-abortion measure in front of the Ohio House Government Oversight Committee on Wednesday. The bill, H.B. 598, is a trigger ban that would outlaw all abortions in the state if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, the landmark decision that expanded access to abortion nationwide. Similar to other GOP anti-abortion measures flooding red states right now, Schmidt’s trigger ban does not include exceptions for rape or incest.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Rape is bad, but not bad enough to warrant an abortion, according to one Republican lawmaker from Ohio.
State Rep. Jean Schmidt (R) introduced her anti-abortion measure in front of the Ohio House Government Oversight Committee on Wednesday. The bill, H.B. 598, is a trigger ban that would outlaw all abortions in the state if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, the landmark decision that expanded access to abortion nationwide. Similar to other GOP anti-abortion measures flooding red states right now, Schmidt’s trigger ban does not include exceptions for rape or incest.
Once you’re born, they don’t give a 💩 about you anymore. And if you’re a female, you’re just a breeding factory, there to make sure incel rapists can reproduce using violence against you. And then either you take care of the child yourself, or give it up for adoption, where it becomes the government’s problem. But of course, they want to cut social service budgets too.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Gross. Just gross.

I cannot imagine the mental and emotional trauma of being forced to bring a pregnancy of rape to term- let alone the trauma of rape in the first place. It’s inhumane.

Rape victims are already 13x more likely to attempt suicide than non-victims… not to mention a whole host of increased risks of chronic mental health disorders. I suspect if you force raped women to carry these pregnancies to term you’ll see that number increase even more.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Gross. Just gross.

I cannot imagine the mental and emotional trauma of being forced to bring a pregnancy of rape to term- let alone the trauma of rape in the first place. It’s inhumane.

Rape victims are already 13x more likely to attempt suicide than non-victims… not to mention a whole host of increased risks of chronic mental health disorders. I suspect if you force raped women to carry these pregnancies to term you’ll see that number increase even more.
but not a big deal to these republicans. woman are expendable.

Top Bottom
1 2