Gastrointestinal/Abdominal Preventative (Disease) Health Practices

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
My wife just completed her second colonoscopy, two polyps removed, come back in 5 years. I’m due in October. Last time was 2014, at that time we drank the gallon of prescribed laxative Which was covered by insurance. This time our Doctor pushed a new product “Plenvu” where you drink 16oz of laxative two times, the day before the procedure. Of note it is relatively expensive and not covered by insurance. As a acknowledgment of this, they offer a coupon, that drops the price from $125, down to $50. But I noted that our doctor did not offer any other options and after he told me Trump was not that bad, I wonder if he is getting kickbacks from the drug company?? 👀

As far as the experience of drinking it, my wife says it was much more enjoyable to drink 16oz, the size of a large mug of coffee, than drinking down a gallon of foul tasting liquid.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I recently did a regime of antibiotics to rule out an infected prostrate and afterwards I decided to take some pro-biotics, so I bought a box at Costco with 100 tablets, once per day, slightly over a 3 month supply. What I found interesting is that each of the caplets was advertised to have 10 billion viable cells in it. That’s a lot of cells for a small caplet. It gave me an appreciation of how small cells actually are, and made me wonder how many quintillion cells exist in your digestive track? :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yesterday the Missus and I stopped in at the grocery store for our fall vaccinations, 3 of them, flu, Pneumonia, and RSV. Today I have seriously sore arms, will most likely avoid my Wed workout. The word is that The new COVID booster will arrive in October.

cbum

Power User
Reaction score
It's prevention, not preventation.
Nothing tentative about it ;-)

P.S. My routine for vaccines is 500mg Naproxen or an equivalent amount of another non-steroidal anti-inflammatory med (e.g. Ibuprofen etc) 1 hour after the shot.
Cuts down on sore arms, tachycardia, fevers & chills without decreasing the vaccine effects.

Top Bottom
1 2