Protests Outside of USPS Postmaster Generals's House Over Voter Suppression Allegations

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Trump's appointed Postmaster General had zero experience with the USPS or it's operations. He was brought in for one reason only, to make as many deep cuts as possible. People are taking a stand and protesting outside of his home in DC.

Attachments

• usps_rally2.jpg
    usps_rally2.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 245

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Think it will do any good? Or will federal forces be brought in to save this poor man?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is not the time.

Having said that, many of our government institutions could use an overhaul. Despite his inexperience I don't know if he might have some good ideas (for a better time). The company I work for rents and leases large equipment and we had a contract with USPS years ago. I can speak from experience that they did a lot of damage to our equipment, absolutely nobody was held accountable, and as long as we filled out the correct paperwork they paid for it, no questions asked.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is not the time.

Having said that, many of our government institutions could use an overhaul. Despite his inexperience I don't know if he might have some good ideas (for a better time). The company I work for rents and leases large equipment and we had a contract with USPS years ago. I can speak from experience that they did a lot of damage to our equipment, absolutely nobody was held accountable, and as long as we filled out the correct paperwork they paid for it, no questions asked.

That’s our tax dollars hard at work. I have noticed that since day, Trump has filled positions with people whose prior goals seemed to be in direct contrast to the post they are filling. I can’t even remember names at this point cause he’s been through so many of them. But there’s always Betsy DeVos who knows nothing about education, and hasn’t even had success with her own brand of charter schools.

Who was the guy who came from the oil industry. Got an award from the Russians. You know who I mean. And yet he was going to be conservation friendly.

So now we have DeJoy who has a lot of money in UPS and FedEx. It’s in his own best interest to run the USPS into the ground - and like a good Trumper, it looks like that’s what he’s trying to do - take care of his own best interests!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Trump's appointed Postmaster General had zero experience with the USPS or it's operations. He was brought in for one reason only, to make as many deep cuts as possible. People are taking a stand and protesting outside of his home in DC.
I don't really expect them to, but I hope these protests go on until DeJoy relents and puts things back the way they were.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
I agree that the USPS needs to be overhauled. I don’t think anyone is questioning that. My question is why didn’t Trump campaign on this issue? Why didn’t he start overhauling in in 2017 or in 2018 or even 2019?

I would believe him if he started the process back then, but starting this process only after he is losing in the polls and months away from an election DURING a pandemic doesn’t seem like a coincidence to me. Especially the actions DeJoy is taking to “overhaul” seems awfully convenient and to benefit only 1 guy (Trump)

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
paign on this issue? Why didn’t he start overhauling in in 2017 or in 2018 or even 2019?

that’s incorrect. Trump complained about USPS for years, and he complained about USPS getting screwed by the bigs (Amazon at the top of the list) for years. I don’t know if Trump’s solution(whatever it is) is a solution, but he has been campaigning on USPS for quite a while.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
that’s incorrect. Trump complained about USPS for years, and he complained about USPS getting screwed by the bigs (Amazon at the top of the list) for years. I don’t know if Trump’s solution(whatever it is) is a solution, but he has been campaigning on USPS for quite a while.
Yes, that is true. However, when he only starts taking action 3 months before the election and actually cites that it benefits Democrats it's a partisan stunt. This man would throw his own mother under a bus if he thought it would help him politically.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Yes, that is true. However, when he only starts taking action 3 months before the election and actually cites that it benefits Democrats it's a partisan stunt. This man would throw his own mother under a bus if he thought it would help him politically.

Both parties are positioning themselves to cry after the elections and complain about the results, and both are using the USPS as an excuse for a loss. It’s how politics is done nowadays, and I do not like it as it’s just aimed to feed the twitter trolls.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

He only complained because of his hate for Bezos. It was shown over and over again what a good deal that was for the USPS.

Meanwhile, according to today’s post in Popular Information by Judd Legum, 40% of voters in 2016 voted by mail. FORTY PERCENT. Does anyone really believe it cannot be ramped up from there and that the post office cannot handle it?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
He only complained because of his hate for Bezos. It was shown over and over again what a good deal that was for the USPS.

That was not his only complaint about USPS. At any rate, he brought the USPS up many times during the years.

Meanwhile, according to today’s post in Popular Information by Judd Legum, 40% of voters in 2016 voted by mail. FORTY PERCENT. Does anyone really believe it cannot be ramped up from there and that the post office cannot handle it?

I think that the issue is not really vote by mail per se, but automatic vote by mail, that is sending ballots that aren't requested to everyone. At least, that's my understanding and I could be totally wrong. Honestly, I am not following this story that much.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Both parties are positioning themselves to cry after the elections and complain about the results, and both are using the USPS as an excuse for a loss. It’s how politics is done nowadays, and I do not like it as it’s just aimed to feed the twitter trolls.
This sounds suspiciously like the "there are good people on both sides" argument. Democrats are defending the USPS and Trump is assaulting it, this is not a simple matter of both sides are wrong. The biggest victim here is democracy, I would simply ask Republicans who defend this what their issue with letting every one vote as easily as possible is?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
This sounds suspiciously like the "there are good people on both sides" argument.

Well, I am saying that all are shit, but ok :)

Democrats are defending the USPS and Trump is assaulting it, this is not a simple matter of both sides are wrong.

Well, it's in the eye of the beholder to be honest. I have no idea if Trump's vision for the USPS is right or wrong; I truly don't know. However, it's a matter of fact that USPS has been in trouble, serious trouble, for many years, and that's not only financial trouble. Presidents upon presidents have tried to play with it, one way or another. I remember signing an online petition many years ago that was about saving USPS (I think during the Obama era); let me tell you, I don't sign many petitions. As @Chew Toy McCoy while the timing sucks - and it can fairly rise eyebrows - the truth is that USPS is bogged down by a huge bureaucracy, high costs, stupid choices, and bad services. The result is that you have now a great excuse for both: 1) "I lost because Trump ruined the USPS" 2)"I lost because the USPS ruined Trump".

The biggest victim here is democracy, I would simply ask Republicans who defend this what their issue with letting every one vote as easily as possible is?

I'd say that the main issue is that the vote is safe, and counted. I still don't know what happens in tight races if the USPS certifies that it lost enough ballots to flip the race, for example.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That was not his only complaint about USPS. At any rate, he brought the USPS up many times during the years.

I think that the issue is not really vote by mail per se, but automatic vote by mail, that is sending ballots that aren't requested to everyone. At least, that's my understanding and I could be totally wrong. Honestly, I am not following this story that much.

The only time I’ve seen him complain about USPS was in combination with a complaint about its poor deal with Amazon.

Nobody is suggesting automatic vote by mail except those who are attacking the USPS.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
117888582_3011841985532248_2468372153598848684_n.jpg

everything is partisan and BOTH sides justify it in their own way.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Isn't everyone in NJ getting a mail-in ballot? (I think some other states too)

It's funny. Trump is complaining about the election being rigged against him through the "easily rigged mail in votes" , while in North Carolina, his campaign is sending out absentee ballots attached to flyers to everyone on their mailing list.

The whole thing is FUD for the sake of FUD.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
It's funny. Trump is complaining about the election being rigged against him through the "easily rigged mail in votes" , while in North Carolina, his campaign is sending out absentee ballots attached to flyers to everyone on their mailing list.

The whole thing is FUD for the sake of FUD.

Not that I agree/disagree with any position, but conservatives have been clear between the difference between absentee ballots (which are requested, and one expects, and eliminate in-person ballot) vs ballots that are automatically sent to the voters.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Not that I agree/disagree with any position, but conservatives have been clear between the difference between absentee ballots (which are requested, and one expects, and eliminate in-person ballot) vs ballots that are automatically sent to the voters.

From what I gather (which, admittedly, I haven't done that much research on), only a handful of states are blanket mailing ballots, and for those few that are, it's through programs that's been active for awhile, not something newly implemented for the pandemic.

Like everything surrounding all the great political dramas of our day, it's hard to parse the shit surrounding the corn kernels of truth.

Top Bottom
1 2