RIP Queen Elizabeth Has Passed

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Looking more like the 96 year old monarch may not make her 100th birthday. (Me, I was hoping she would outlive Chuck so he would never be king)

I know Eric posted about her getting Covid back in February - appears that may have taken a lot out of her and contributed to her decline.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Looking more like the 96 year old monarch may not make her 100th birthday. (Me, I was hoping she would outlive Chuck so he would never be king)

I know Eric posted about her getting Covid back in February - appears that may have taken a lot out of her and contributed to her decline.
I should've never watched The Crown, now I can't stand the guy. I'm sure there's some level of truth to fiction here but his (their) treatment of Diana was pretty despicable.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Royal family members are about the only people I see as endless wealth not equating to freedom or happiness. The amount of obligation, scrutiny, and being the definition of polite society has to be insane.

But then there's Harry and Megan trying to capitalize off that connection without the obligation. So screw them.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
News is covering the story as if she's already dead. Like, I get its a big deal, she's 96 and its a matter of time, but the coverage is making it out as if they anticipate her death any second.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
News is covering the story as if she's already dead. Like, I get its a big deal, she's 96 and its a matter of time, but the coverage is making it out as if they anticipate her death any second.

One outlet mistakenly reported that she had died. I'm sure they have all the stories already in the can and ready to go.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
It’s obviously dominating our news here in Britain and rightly so. It’s mad to think so many members of my own family lived their whole lives with Queen Elizabeth II on the throne. Nice to see other countries are showing support and even care 👌🏻

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
Royal family members are about the only people I see as endless wealth not equating to freedom or happiness. The amount of obligation, scrutiny, and being the definition of polite society has to be insane.

But then there's Harry and Megan trying to capitalize off that connection without the obligation. So screw them.
Why screw them? Why not throw off these absurd shackles of tradition for tradition’s sake?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Why screw them? Why not throw off these absurd shackles of tradition for tradition’s sake?

I'm fine with them throwing off the shackles, but would they be getting the attention and lucrative deals they are if they weren't part of the royal family? No. I believe there are royal family members from the past who left the family/tradition and completely fell off the public radar and didn't want the attention.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Several sources reporting her passing.

[edit]

Sorry about that I had this in the editor for about 15 minutes ...

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Going to be hard to get used saying/hearing "King Charles".

Those Wikipedia pages sure do update fast.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Going to be hard to get used saying/hearing "King Charles".

Those Wikipedia pages sure do update fast.
He'll probably change name, from what I'm reading online. Speculation about what he'll choose.

EDITED TO ADD: He's officially King Charles III

The new king will officially be known as King Charles III, Clarence House has confirmed.

Overall, I see mixed reactions to her death. Lots of condolences, of course. But some celebration or indifference as well.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2