Race hustlers

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Hit me up with the bullet points. I hate watching videos. Same reason I don’t use Clubhouse.
WTF is clubhouse? I keep reading that it’s some awesome thing, but from all I can tell it’s zoom with no video… which if you’ve done a number of zoom or teams meetings for work… people all turn off their cameras anyway. So, what’s the fuss? Just because some celebrities use it? I don’t see the value it brings.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hit me up with the bullet points. I hate watching videos. Same reason I don’t use Clubhouse.

There are people taking advantage of racism to enrich themselves.

With all these donations to individuals and organizations where is the evidence of the money going to the communities?

Why does Al Sharpton (and the likes) appear to be doing so well financially? They're like the tala-evangelists claiming God wants them to have a new private jet.

"Official" BLM donations are funneled through a Democrat fund racing entity.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Amen to that.

I hate - actually, loathe - watching videos: however, I do speedread (a skill I learned at the age of ten, while in hospital for a week, following the removal of my appendix).

To the OP: Please summarise.

I don't (as in, I refuse) watch videos on MR. I see no reason to do so here.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
WTF is clubhouse? I keep reading that it’s some awesome thing, but from all I can tell it’s zoom with no video… which if you’ve done a number of zoom or teams meetings for work… people all turn off their cameras anyway. So, what’s the fuss? Just because some celebrities use it? I don’t see the value it brings.
That’s exactly what it is. It offers nothing new other than being able to search for a particular subject or field of interest. I’d just as soon watch a Facebook Live!

U

User.45

There are people taking advantage of racism to enrich themselves.

With all these donations to individuals and organizations where is the evidence of the money going to the communities?

Why does Al Sharpton (and the likes) appear to be doing so well financially? They're like the tala-evangelists claiming God wants them to have a new private jet.

"Official" BLM donations are funneled through a Democrat fund racing entity.
To stay on topic (I share the loathing for youtube talking heads...brrr). I mean, sure. People are people and we tend to do self-serving stuff. Oversight is crucial. Concurrently it's always going to be a touchy problem because every movement should be scrutinized and criticized, yet for BLM this is often done in a fashion that questions the validity of its existence and not its modus operandi.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Clubhouse is all about who is on it, and being able to "communicate" with them. It's exclusivity is it's main selling point for now.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
To stay on topic (I share the loathing for youtube talking heads...brrr). I mean, sure. People are people and we tend to do self-serving stuff. Oversight is crucial. Concurrently it's always going to be a touchy problem because every movement should be scrutinized and criticized, yet for BLM this is often done in a fashion that questions the validity of its existence and not its modus operandi.

The way I see it, some of these left movements have an aversion to being organized and lead and they claim some "for the people" higher authority. I'd say choosing that route has a 50/50 prospect of actually getting anything accomplished. There's an air of "just obvious and common sense" arrogance to it, and as much as I mean agree with the cause, that's not how you get things done. "Defund fund the police" was a major driving force for those who voted for Trump in 2020. Even though the left may ultimately be on the right side of a cause and history, they really need to think before they speak.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The way I see it, some of these left movements have an aversion to being organized and lead and they claim some "for the people" higher authority. I'd say choosing that route has a 50/50 prospect of actually getting anything accomplished. There's an air of "just obvious and common sense" arrogance to it, and as much as I mean agree with the cause, that's not how you get things done. "Defund fund the police" was a major driving force for those who voted for Trump in 2020. Even though the left may ultimately be on the right side of a cause and history, they really need to think before they speak.
Defund the police was also a motivator for people on the other side to come out and vote, which they did in record numbers. It’s a polarizing issue, but I think it energized the Democrats more.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Defund the police was also a motivator for people on the other side to come out and vote, which they did in record numbers. It’s a polarizing issue, but I think it energized the Democrats more.

Huh? I don't think anybody on the left came out thinking the Democrats were actually going to defund (reform) the police if they got the vote. It was more Trump being a monster and the right trying to elevate the police to untouchable gods. The vote was to not let it get worse than the status quo. It was, once again, the lesser of 2 evils, but in this case Biden is a lot lesser. We'll settle for sane. I haven't heard squat about doing anything with the police in months, even before the election. If anything the Democrats had to do damage control explaining defund the police wasn't meant at face value.

U

User.45

Defund the Popo was a net negative for the Dems. I too think it was a self-defeating slogan that Republicans managed weaponize the shit out of. On the other hand this nation needs a MAJOR overhaul of policing and accountability. The amount of protections cops enjoy, the force poses a major attraction for folks with antisocial personality disorder who want a license to commit murder.

Huh? I don't think anybody on the left came out thinking the Democrats were actually going to defund (reform) the police if they got the vote. It was more Trump being a monster and the right trying to elevate the police to untouchable gods. The vote was to not let it get worse than the status quo. It was, once again, the lesser of 2 evils, but in this case Biden is a lot lesser. We'll settle for sane. I haven't heard squat about doing anything with the police in months, even before the election. If anything the Democrats had to do damage control explaining defund the police wasn't meant at face value.

I share some of your distrust, but I also think that making some of these statements literally 5 weeks into a presidency amidst a global pandemic is totally unrealistic.

Priorities should be:
1. Vaccinations
2. School reopenings
3. Patching up budget holes
4. Major climate change plan (I'm down with GND)
5. Fixing healthcare
6. Fixing schools
7. Fixing policing
8. Fixing corrections

None of these are 5-weeker issues.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Defund the Popo was a net negative for the Dems. I too think it was a self-defeating slogan that Republicans managed weaponize the shit out of. On the other hand this nation needs a MAJOR overhaul of policing and accountability. The amount of protections cops enjoy, the force poses a major attraction for folks with antisocial personality disorder who want a license to commit murder.

I share some of your distrust, but I also think that making some of these statements literally 5 weeks into a presidency amidst a global pandemic is totally unrealistic.

Priorities should be:
1. Vaccinations
2. School reopenings
3. Patching up budget holes
4. Major climate change plan (I'm down with GND)
5. Fixing healthcare
6. Fixing schools
7. Fixing policing
8. Fixing corrections

None of these are 5-weeker issues.

I agree with all of the above. I'm just saying it was a major voting issue that had zero teeth, not even gums. And thanks to Trump who will probably own the republican party until he dies it will probably remain at the status quo of existence.

But like I said earlier, that could change if it becomes more than just a leaderless outrage "common sense" protest. Where are the leaders on the left loudly saying the police are overworked, spread too thin, and undertrained for the situations we've put upon them? That's not me defending the police. That's just fact. As long as the left tries to make it all about the worst case racist cop then nothing is going to change. Stop with the absolutes and show some empathy.

U

User.45

I agree with all of the above. I'm just saying it was a major voting issue that had zero teeth, not even gums. And thanks to Trump who will probably own the republican party until he dies it will probably remain at the status quo of existence.

But like I said earlier, that could change if it becomes more than just a leaderless outrage "common sense" protest. Where are the leaders on the left loudly saying the police are overworked, spread too thin, and undertrained for the situations we've put upon them? That's not me defending the police. That's just fact. As long as the left tries to make it all about the worst case racist cop then nothing is going to change. Stop with the absolutes and show some empathy.
I very comfortable saying that most cops are not only good people, but they also chose their profession for altruistic reasons. On the other hand there is a major cultural issue in the force that cannot be fixed without major personnel changes.

America is all about positive reinforcement and I do miss that from the leftist rhetoric. We need to praise, appreciate and incentivize cops who perform their jobs well (i.e those who don't get 16 complaints, don't kill people every 3 years, etc). There are positive messages to embrace here and it's really unfair to the really good cops to miss out on these.

On the other hand the fact that there are more guns than people in the USA, and there is absolutely no oversight as to where these guns float render the USA and the job of cops unreasonably dangerous. So I don't see police reform without concurrent gun reform. We like to complain a lot about corporate interest corrupting the nation, but we don't emphasize it enough how awful impact the gun lobby has been having.

The third issue is I don't see some very important issues being addressed. Precollege education, where expenditures are extremely cost-efficient, and can reduce crime and incarceration like nothing else. Again, it's a topic that should/could be embraced by a BLM type movement...but it's also something that would take 2-3 political terms to make a major impact.

We have many issues. The first stem however, is to get rid of insanity and extremism.

Top Bottom