Racists must be conflicted about new Juneteenth federal holiday

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
On one hand they are probably livid we have a national day that reminds us that black people officially got hosed for a good part of our history. On the other they have a day they can point to and go "There, we fixed it. Quit your whining."

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've already seen plenty of people bitching about it over on Facebook.

$5 says I'm gonna hear someone refer to it as "****** Day" before this time next week.

You know, this is an exception to the Futurama rule, as I'm going with South Park. I think some of the racist idiots used this one unironically around the time it aired. On a side note, if Michael Richards comes out of the woodworks and complains about "cancel culture", it will amuse me.

edit: wrong person

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
On one hand they are probably livid we have a national day that reminds us that black people officially got hosed for a good part of our history. On the other they have a day they can point to and go "There, we fixed it. Quit your whining."
I posted this over at MR, but Chris Hayes summed up why some R's went along with it, as they shit elsewhere...

Expectedly John Cornyn could be expected to say the "quiet" part out loud.

It's all about appeasement to these guys.

While afraid to acknowledge what that new holiday involves

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1405615494040887296/

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Racists will complain about anything, even if it's paid time off. I have more reason to complain. I don't get paid for holidays. šŸ˜

I could just see some of the comments likely to come from this. "Blacks already have their own holiday. They have Martin Luther King Day. What do they want??" Or maybe next year they'll all coalesce around this day to protest Critical Race Theory.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Racists will complain about anything, even if it's paid time off. I have more reason to complain. I don't get paid for holidays. šŸ˜

I could just see some of the comments likely to come from this. "Blacks already have their own holiday. They have Martin Luther King Day. What do they want??" Or maybe next year they'll all coalesce around this day to protest Critical Race Theory.
There would be a certain sad irony for a group to protest CRT in Florida which I believe is banned.

Because as we know now, itā€™s perfectly alright to run over protestors.

You know some mad is going to want to test that out. Especially if they are Black & add the history of what CRT teaches ( in college, not grade schools as the triggered would tell you ) as their impetus for doing something so horrible.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Jim Wright posted this tw image. I do not have tw, so I was unable to look it up. Not sure who this Rosendale dude is, but he looks to be really smart.

644A8D16-782D-4E25-9A1F-1D91AF7F9F50.jpeg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Jim Wright posted this tw image. I do not have tw, so I was unable to look it up. Not sure who this Rosendale dude is, but he looks to be really smart.

Republicans.

The group that confuses self awareness & reflection with "self hatred".

While everyone else calls it 'recognizing your shit' & trying to do better.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Shocking something like this would come from somebody in a party that is currently running the Nazi party playbookā€¦one man is the savior of the country, white people are awesome, minorities and free elections are the enemy, communism is about to take over the country any minute now, and the police can operate with complete impunity. Iā€™m sure he would approve a national holiday for burying your head in the sand.

Top Bottom
1 2