Raised By Wolves (2020- HBO)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
D3D38E3D-C4F8-4087-80A3-4FE198BACA5E.jpeg

Raised by Wolves- SciFi story, as Earth is being destroyed in a great religious war, two Androids from the Atheist faction are tasked with raising children from embryos on Kepler 22b while a slower bigger ship from the Sol faction arrives years after.

This story has huge potential but I am 4 episodes into season 1 and it is intriguing, but slow developing as much time is spent on relationships and background, consequential it feels like it is dragging. Part of this is because instead of the good ole days with 30episodes in a season they are almost halfway into Season 1.

Last edited:
U

User.45

Raised by Wolves- SciFi story, as Earth is being destroyed in a great religious war, two Androids from the Atheist faction are tasked with raising children from embryos on Kepler 22b while a slower bigger ship from the Sol faction arrives soon after.

This story has huge potential but I am 4 episodes into season 1 and it is intriguing, but slow developing as much time is spent on relationships and background.
It's pretty good. The jury is out on second season. It's one of those series where you just don't know until the end of the season whether it was worth watching.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
It's pretty good. The jury is out on second season. It's one of those series where you just don't know until the end of the season whether it was worth watching.
Agreed. That‘s also why I’m waiting for all season two episodes to be available before firing up S02E01.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
One of my favorite recent shows, I've seen every episode to date and IMO they've all been fantastic. HBO continues to deliver high quality content and is my favorite service out of them all.

U

User.45

One of my favorite recent shows, I've seen every episode to date and IMO they've all been fantastic.
There's a lot of overlaps in ideas with Alien/Prometheus. Perhaps even the same universe. Which can be good or bad depending on the final delivery.
HBO continues to deliver high quality content and is my favorite service out of them all.
Agree, hands down the best quality of content. I'm only keeping Netflix for the multilingual content, otherwise it's far past its glory days.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finished season one. Its got Sol, people hearing voices, ghosts, and fast littles shapes running around, and aliens manipulating everyone. This is good, but I don’t feel all that good about it. This feels like a alien planet, which is impressive. There are some outstanding mysterious and story elements at play, but I don’t have the feeling of being vested that I’d like to have. Some what of an issue with constant mood music, but I will continue into Season 2.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
We watched most of season 1 when it came out but didn’t stick with it. It’s good, but I just don’t care about the characters.
This exactly. These should be really interesting characters, but there is something about how this story is being told that is just not grabbing me. Mother especially strikes me as flat, the scene does not light up for me when she makes an entrance.

Top Bottom
1 2