RC Cola

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Eric, do you remember when the RC cans had the baseball players on them. RC was what they sold at the CC pool and I collected all the players I could. Haven't had an original RC in a while. Have done the Diet-Rite, but it loses its fizz too fast.
Approaching my late 50s, so yes. :mrgreen:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I will vote for any politician who promises to bring back Zima. I don’t care what the rest of their platform is. I also don’t care that Zima isn’t good. For me it’s when America was great.

9BEDEE0B-7AD9-4619-BF13-898BA5CC464F.jpeg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I will vote for any politician who promises to bring back Zima. I don’t care what the rest of their platform is. I also don’t care that Zima isn’t good. For me it’s when America was great.
I wouldn’t mind them bringing back Josta...

1657821597613.png

I am sure this doesn’t qualify as a spoiler, because it is so trivial. In one scene, a character was drinking a can of pop (or soda as many like to say). The drink was “Josta,” which was a short-lived product from the 1990’s. I recall it very well.

During a spring break when I was in college, I had a lot to catch up on, so I stayed at my fraternity with a handful of others in similar situations instead of going home. A group of marketers showed up in vehicles painted with ads for a new drink: Josta! With Guarana! They had hundreds of cases of the drink, but they showed up at a nearly empty campus. They must have been told to give it all away, so after surveying the situation, they gave it all to our fraternity and the one next door to us. We all drank Josta for months….

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
If I drink soda, it's Dr. Pepper. Coke next if it's with a savory meal. Pepsi very rarely.

But I usually drink "natural" sodas that have less sugar and natural ingredients. Can't remember the last time I had one.

Recall about 25 years ago Coke stopped paying the Yankees an exorbitant price to be the official soda of the team. RC Cola stepped in for a few years (IIRC). Von Steinbrenner was pissed that they didn't sign on to pay $12 million a year for three years since that season the Yanks won 114 regular season games and had about 3 million in attendance. By then I stopped going to games and haven't been back since the World Series was cancelled in 1994.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Speaking of bad soda, this writer deserves an award, or at least a private room at the asylum...

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Speaking of bad soda, this writer deserves an award, or at least a private room at the asylum...

ll I want is for them to bring back Diet Code Red

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I just remembered that I have two cans of RC cola sitting in my closet, dating from 1986. They have “Mets World Champs” or something printed on them, and I think the Mets blue and orange colors. I’ll have to go take a look at them when I get home.

I had left them in my childhood home when I moved out, and my dad shipped them to me when he moved and sold the house. I don’t know what to do with them. Certainly drinking them isn’t an option :)

I still have a bottle of Bud Light with the Spurs 2007 NBA Champs printed on it lmao

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
My grandma used to have BC Powder all the time when I was a kid in the late 80s early 90s.

I had no idea it still existed until a year or so ago when I asked a co worker if she had Tylenol and she was like “I have BC Powder” It brought back memories lol

Top Bottom
1 2