Recommended iOS app for exact size photo printing

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thought I would put this out there for those who aren't aware of it.

Makes printing photos the exact size and area of focus you want from your iPhone or iPad simple, especially if you have an AirPrint enabled printer. Just pick the paper size, add the photo, pinch zoom to grow or shrink it to the size you want, drag it if you want to change what area gets printed and a box line displays what is inside and outside the print area.

If you need to print an odd size or size smaller than the paper, when you pinch zoom it displays the dimensions. You can also crop by moving each side in and it will display the dimensions while you do it. So if you got an odd frame that is something like 3.75" X 8.5" inches you can edit the photo be to exactly that size and see what it will look like before you print it.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Hey, cool! Thanks for this! I rarely print anything I shoot, whether it's on the iPhone or with a "real" camera, and one reason is that often I will crop an image to suit myself, which doesn't matter when shared online but can matter of it is an unconventional size with weird dimensions when it comes to printing. Of course when printing an 8x10 one can always use a larger frame and then cut the mat so that it accurately frames the image as desired, but I haven't actually tried that with any of my images. Years ago a friend who was into matting and framing did a really nice job on a couple of my B&W prints, but those were conventional paper and image sizes, not cropped weirdly. One of these days just for the heck of it I should do some experimenting with an image or two and my printer, see what happens....

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey, cool! Thanks for this! I rarely print anything I shoot, whether it's on the iPhone or with a "real" camera, and one reason is that often I will crop an image to suit myself, which doesn't matter when shared online but can matter of it is an unconventional size with weird dimensions when it comes to printing. Of course when printing an 8x10 one can always use a larger frame and then cut the mat so that it accurately frames the image as desired, but I haven't actually tried that with any of my images. Years ago a friend who was into matting and framing did a really nice job on a couple of my B&W prints, but those were conventional paper and image sizes, not cropped weirdly. One of these days just for the heck of it I should do some experimenting with an image or two and my printer, see what happens....

I find it comforting that I don’t have to worry about any frame size 8 X 10 or smaller and just as importantly can resize and center whatever is going to appear in the print. For example if a standard print cuts off the top of a person’s head when framed I can just make the overall picture size bigger and drag it down so more of the area above the head is showing at the top.

Top Bottom
1 2