Reflections

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Since I live near the water I love to take advantage of the way water reflects things and especially in the autumn the light can be just great for this kind of shot. Here's one I did the other day:

Colorful Reflections.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Since I live near the water I love to take advantage of the way water reflects things and especially in the autumn the light can be just great for this kind of shot. Here's one I did the other day:

View attachment 777

Oh, that is just gorgeous; lovely colour and what a lovely treatment of light, kind of like an Impressionist painting.

That would make a lovely greetings and/or seasonal card, were you to send one of your own works as a card.

Really lovely.

Last edited:

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Oh, that is just gorgeous; lovely colour and what a lovely treatment of light, kind of like an Impressionist painting.

That would make a lovely greetings and/or seasonal card, were you to send one of your own works as a card.

Really lovely.
Thanks, SS! Yes, I was really pleased as I was studying the scene through the EVF before I hit the shutter button and then later when I viewed the image in the computer -- so many gorgeous colors and shapes that all worked out in the image just the way I was seeing them when looking through the EVF and the camera lens! I agree, this would make a lovely greeting card to print up and send along to family and friends..... I have in the past created and printed my own Christmas cards, along with calendars (which were printed commercially) that I gave to family and friends as gifts..... Since I've been so active this past year with photography again, it actually is a really good idea to think about pulling together 12 of the best images that I've shot over the past months and do another one of those calendars (for 2021) to give out for this year's Christmas gifts. :). My family and friends loved my earlier ones and were disappointed when I stopped doing them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thanks, SS! Yes, I was really pleased as I was studying the scene through the EVF before I hit the shutter button and then later when I viewed the image in the computer -- so many gorgeous colors and shapes that all worked out in the image just the way I was seeing them when looking through the EVF and the camera lens! I agree, this would make a lovely greeting card to print up and send along to family and friends..... I have in the past created and printed my own Christmas cards, along with calendars (which were printed commercially) that I gave to family and friends as gifts..... Since I've been so active this past year with photography again, it actually is a really good idea to think about pulling together 12 of the best images that I've shot over the past months and do another one of those calendars (for 2021) to give out for this year's Christmas gifts. :). My family and friends loved my earlier ones and were disappointed when I stopped doing them.

Do it.

I think it is gorgeous and would make an absolutely lovely - gloriously colourful, terrific composition, and lovely lines and fabulous treatment of light - card; certainly - well, I love Impressionist paintings anyway - but I would love to receive that as a card.

(The mod note comes from the fact that I edited my own post - a spelling typo which I have just spotted.....).

Althea

Reaction score
If you used a filter that made it look like a painting, it would look like a Renoir.

Top Bottom
1 2