Rep. Mo (not Mel) Brooks plans to challenge Electoral College results

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
From the You’ve Gotta Be Kidding Me Department...

Luckily it seems this isn’t going anywhere and his colleagues aren’t even taking this that seriously, but listen to Brooks talk about it.

"I'm doing this because in my judgment this is the worst election theft in the history of the United States. And if there was a way to determine the Electoral College outcome using only lawful votes cast by eligible American citizens, then Donald Trump won the Electoral College," he told The Hill in an interview.
"I'm not focused on what is in the legal pleadings in all these lawsuits all over the country. There's some number of votes that probably were illegal in some different places to some degree. That is not that abnormal," he added.
The Alabama Republican said he believes the issue extends beyond the court cases filed by the Trump campaign, arguing that Congress is better suited to look into the matter.
"It is extremely difficult in a court of law to determine how many illegal votes were cast and who they were cast for. And that is one of the reasons why the FBI, the Justice Department and the federal judiciary are wholly inadequate for handling this issue," he said.
"And also one of the reasons why the writers of the United States Constitution determined that it would be unwise for federal courts that even the Supreme Court to be the arbiter," he added.
This guy’s got the Trump cult mindset that this was a vast conspiracy and never mind what the courts said, it’s up to Congress to unearth it.

Hard to believe this dingbat is actually a US Representative.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
The guy sounds like a moron. The electoral college hasn't met yet, making his comment seem pretty ridiculous. All of these jerkoffs need to be voted out of office.

U

User.45

From the You’ve Gotta Be Kidding Me Department...

Luckily it seems this isn’t going anywhere and his colleagues aren’t even taking this that seriously, but listen to Brooks talk about it.

This guy’s got the Trump cult mindset that this was a vast conspiracy and never mind what the courts said, it’s up to Congress to unearth it.

Hard to believe this dingbat is actually a US Representative.

I'll summarize it. It is the most unfair, biggest ever steal to actually consider an election lost where the other candidate got ≥7M more votes, more than half of all votes and >4% more than your guy. Again, I'm ashamed for him vicariously.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m ashamed to be living in the state he represents. It is telling of the people who live here and voted for Coach Clueless to work with him.

Alabamians are every bit as bad as Floridians.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I’m ashamed to be living in the state he represents. It is telling of the people who live here and voted for Coach Clueless to work with him.

Alabamians are every bit as bad as Floridians.
Even here in liberal California the central valley is a right wing haven of nutjobs. The fact that Devin Nunes is representative there tells you all you need to know.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Mo Brooks is still making news in Alabama as a now former old friend and associate publicly formalized the end of their relationship.

Top Bottom
1 2