Republicans hate big government/are the reason we need big government

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know if this still exists but I remember when I was younger there were labels on the power cords of blow dryers and radios informing you to not toss them into a bathtub full of water while plugged into the wall. Who wouldn’t know that? The reason those warnings were on there is because enough idiots did, in fact, not know that. So much so that those labels had to be part of the manufacturing process and cost.

This pretty much summarizes Republicans or the right. They may not be that specific idiot, but they are the people who can’t be a good citizen or think beyond their own personal needs and desires. Maybe they’re fine with getting cancer from the chemicals they dump into the drinking water, but that isn’t the decision they can make for everybody else. Examples of this type bullshit are pretty much unlimited. So the next time they are getting worked up about regulations and welfare they only have themselves to blame. They should actually be thanking the government because if it wasn’t for the government the US would probably be a moonscape of smoldering corpse-filled craters brought on by the right’s version of freedom.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
BDA225AC-A4D8-4663-903B-ED6C000E5D31.jpeg

Most conservatives would probably not put it so bluntly, but that does seem to be their attitude.

I can remember when I was young, liberals were heavily criticized for the phrase “If it feels good, do it.” Yet it’s conservatives that have adopted this stance. Do whatever you want because freedom. Responsibility? To your nation? To others? That’s for losers.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Most conservatives would probably not put it so bluntly, but that does seem to be their attitude.

Reminds me of the Louis CK bit where he says what if we got it all wrong and God comes down and says "What are you doing with the animals? Eating them!?!? Why would you do that?!? That's what the plants are for! You're supposed to be fucking the animals!"

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know if this still exists but I remember when I was younger there were labels on the power cords of blow dryers and radios informing you to not toss them into a bathtub full of water while plugged into the wall. Who wouldn’t know that? The reason those warnings were on there is because enough idiots did, in fact, not know that. So much so that those labels had to be part of the manufacturing process and cost.

This pretty much summarizes Republicans or the right. They may not be that specific idiot, but they are the people who can’t be a good citizen or think beyond their own personal needs and desires. Maybe they’re fine with getting cancer from the chemicals they dump into the drinking water, but that isn’t the decision they can make for everybody else. Examples of this type bullshit are pretty much unlimited. So the next time they are getting worked up about regulations and welfare they only have themselves to blame. They should actually be thanking the government because if it wasn’t for the government the US would probably be a moonscape of smoldering corpse-filled craters brought on by the right’s version of freedom.
A responsible Federal Government is needed to keep those certain nut-case, racist, homophobic, etc, States in check. Look at the Federal Voter Rights Act, hell look at the freaking Civil War. And look at the damage the Head Shit Head did to the Federal Govt in 4 years with GOzP acquiescence. 🤬

Top Bottom
1 2