Resident Evil Village - Official Mac System Requirements

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
I wouldn't put them out in trash pile just yet. Limiting the i5 13600K to 65 watts still gives wonderous results and pair that with a RX 6700 capped at 100 watts and you got a good gaming PC.
I keep up with the PC side of things every day. I watch Gamer's Nexus, JayzTwoCents, Hardware Unboxed, RedGamingTech, and Moore's Law is Dead. (I can't stand Linus, dude cares more about sponsors than his content.) That's because I am interested in technology. Of course, I also pay a great deal of attention to Mac news, from the sources we are all familiar with.

That being said, back when I was building my own PCs, before I switched to the Mac, I enjoyed working with my hands, customizing my system, and playing with BIOS and driver settings. That's simply not the case anymore. I'm on my fourth Mac mini, and I've upgraded parts inside all of them. I had a recent (short) adventure with a Mac Pro, including the upgrade process.

I simply find all of that tedious, at this point. Not just the assembly process, but everything that comes with the PC ownership experience. I don't want to have to deal with BIOS settings or a bad driver. I don't want to have to run utilities like DDU, Rufus, or MSI Afterburner. I don't want to have to use a debloater to get rid of the "telemetry" inside the spyware known as Microsoft Windows, with the various ghosts of operating systems past haunting every nook, hidden by the half-assed copy of the macOS interface. I'm not even going to mention all of the leftovers from decades ago that still lurk inside every x86 processor. I can build a PC just fine, I just don't want to, because I don't enjoy putting it together like I used to, on every level.

I simply want a fast, small, quiet box, that doesn't heat up the room, that runs my preferred operating system, and doesn't require constant babysitting. I can get that from Apple. The PC guys can't do that for me, not if I want to optimize the experience. That's why I probably will never own another x86 computer. I just don't feel like doing that anymore, and if I did build a PC, my OCD would kick in and I'd have to do it.

Did you play either The Medium or Outlast?
After finishing Alien Isolation a few times, I decided to find something similar. I've got Outlast sitting on my Mac mini right now. I've played only about an hour thus far, but have had a good time with it. Even though I rarely used weapons in Isolation, it takes some getting used to not having access to weapons at all. If you don't mind that limitation, then it seems like a quality experience, but I need more time with it to be sure.

Top Bottom
1 2