Right leaning undecided voters hinging on supreme court appointment

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Read about what some undecided voters had to say after this last debate. One said their big issue is abortion and if the Republicans force their appointment to the supreme court before the election then they’ll vote for Biden. If not, they’ll vote for Trump. I’m sure they aren’t alone in that logic. These are some of the most selfish ignorant cunts I can think of. Even if the nomination gets forced through that doesn’t mean abortions are going to be illegal across the board as soon as they are sworn in. Based on behavior alone, I’m pretty confident Trump is pro-abortion. Nobody is forcing anybody to get abortions. Most importantly, mind your own fucking business. If you’re against abortion then don’t get one. Based on population growth and taking into consideration mortality rates, there isn’t an epidemic of abortions being performed. Can anybody point me to the part of religious scripture where it says it’s your personal responsibility to stop all abortions, while most likely ignoring all other preventable man-made causes of death?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Read about what some undecided voters had to say after this last debate. One said their big issue is abortion and if the Republicans force their appointment to the supreme court before the election then they’ll vote for Biden. If not, they’ll vote for Trump. I’m sure they aren’t alone in that logic. These are some of the most selfish ignorant cunts I can think of. Even if the nomination gets forced through that doesn’t mean abortions are going to be illegal across the board as soon as they are sworn in. Based on behavior alone, I’m pretty confident Trump is pro-abortion. Nobody is forcing anybody to get abortions. Most importantly, mind your own fucking business. If you’re against abortion then don’t get one. Based on population growth and taking into consideration mortality rates, there isn’t an epidemic of abortions being performed. Can anybody point me to the part of religious scripture where it says it’s your personal responsibility to stop all abortions, while most likely ignoring all other preventable man-made causes of death?

This isn't just about protecting the foetus (although that is how it is framed in terms of public debate), rather, it is about controlling women, and above all, punishing women, especially poor women and women of colour for daring to try to have autonomy, to have sexual lives and to be sexually active and to have the temerity to think that they shouldn't face punishment and retribution as an inevitable consequence of this.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This isn't just about protecting the foetus (although that is how it is framed in terms of public debate), rather, it is about controlling women, and above all, punishing women, especially poor women and women of colour for daring to try to have autonomy, to have sexual lives and to be sexually active and to have the temerity to think that they shouldn't face punishment and retribution as an inevitable consequence of this.
Which makes them even bigger cunts, perfectly willing to let the country turn to shit over this one issue.

As the person interviewed stated they would vote for Biden except for this one issue that has absolutely nothing to do with running the country.

U

User.45

Absolutely! The primary reason women don't reach their academic potential is teen pregnancy. Outlawing abortion is a way to control women. I said it before, you want to make a nation smarter? Educate the women!* Want to make it twice as smart? Start listening to them too...

That said I looked up the abortion laws in the USA. I find the 20 week gestational limit a little dicy. A 20 week old fetus is nearly viable (but not really). Hate abortions? Invest in sex education that prevents them. I think it's a much better goal to educate women (and men FFS) so they won't have to make these decisions, but if they do, they can make them in the first trimester.

*And get those lousy fathers invested in the cognitive and emotional nourishment of their children.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It is not good to be a one-issue voter. If abortion is your only issue, would you vote for a president that would set off a nuke once a year in a random city... as long as he made abortion illegal? How about one who tears children from their parents and never reunites them? How about one who sacrifices over 200,000 lives to supposedly boost the economy... but wait it didn’t even work!

I have no sympathy for anybody that votes Trump in 2020. And those who did in 2016 should be ashamed.

U

User.45

It is not good to be a one-issue voter. If abortion is your only issue, would you vote for a president that would set off a nuke once a year in a random city... as long as he made abortion illegal? How about one who tears children from their parents and never reunites them? How about one who sacrifices over 200,000 lives to supposedly boost the economy... but wait it didn’t even work!

I have no sympathy for anybody that votes Trump in 2020. And those who did in 2016 should be ashamed.
Those who had small kids without family around to help out in the USA know how much this is not a pro-child country.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Unless someone can quote specific scripture, I think it’s a general connection with “be fruitful and multiply” or how human life is sacred, but my impression is this is just a read in connecting the dots that are not there. I’m not familiar with any abortion talk in scripture.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but human rights typically, historically required a birth to be granted.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Unless someone can quote specific scripture, I think it’s a general connection with “be fruitful and multiply” or how human life is sacred, but my impression is this is just a read in connecting the dots that are not there. I’m not familiar with any abortion talk in scripture.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but human rights typically, historically required a birth to be granted.
They also hadn’t invented M-16’s when Jesus was alive, but that’s become part of their religion too.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

If that is the connection it still doesn't say get all up in other people's business on the issue. As far as I know your business is between you and God. He'll sort it out on the other side.

I was raised Catholic but am not practicing now. I occasionally go to church with my parents. I don't remember any talk in church about abortion but I do remember a heavy message about helping the poor and those who can't help themselves. The anti-abortion people tend to hang out of the side of the isle constantly trying to block helping the poor and those in need.

My grandparents on my mother's side were hardcore Catholic, not so much getting into other people's business or preaching, but more about their personal beliefs and lifestyle. They had 10 kids and the family joke based on their Catholicism and being an older generation was that then they must have had sex exactly 10 times. The one issue abortion voters remind me of a story that happened to my grandfather. During lent Catholics aren't supposed to eat meat on Fridays. One night they had a priest over for dinner and my grandfather proudly informed him that he never eats meat on any Friday in the entire year. The priest politely told him there are probably more productive ways to live his faith and Jesus' teachings.

That's how I see these abortion based voters. Based on scripture they should be spending more time helping those who are here than those who aren't. That's not to say they aren't personally also helping the poor directly, but they could also do a lot of greater good by not supporting the party that consistently says fuck the poor.

Top Bottom
1 2