Rudy Giuliani Tests Positive for COVID-19

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It was just a matter of time, announced by Donald Trump.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Sunday his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani has tested positive for the coronavirus, making him the latest in Trump’s inner circle to contract the disease that is now surging across the U.S.

Giuliani was admitted Sunday to Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, according to a person familiar with the matter who was not authorized to speak publicly.

The 76-year-old former New York mayor has traveled extensively to battleground states in an effort to help Trump subvert his election loss. On numerous occasions he has met with officials for hours at a time without wearing a mask.

Trump, who confirmed Giuliani’s positive test in a Sunday afternoon tweet, wished him a speedy recovery.

giulani-cough.png

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
i hope he recovers.

i want him to stand trial in the bribery-for-pardon indictment that awaits him.

i want to see him try to hide with a overcoat the hand-cuffs around his wrists as he is taken into a courtroom for arraignment,

i want to see the American Bar Association disbar him.

i want to see white Staten Island racists try to defend this POS, and then i want to laugh at them.

i want to see Les & Igor make the rounds of Late Night shows and drag his memory in the mud, getting lots-a-laughs while they are doing it.

and then, only then, will i forget about him.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Normally, I do not take pleasure in the ill-health of others, but there are exceptions, and there is a sort of poetic justice (maybe, karma) in the fact that Rudy Giuliani has tested positive for Covid-19.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Normally, I do not take pleasure in the ill-health of others, but there are exceptions, and there is a sort of poetic justice (maybe, karma) in the fact that Rudy Giuliani has tested positive for Covid-19.

This is me all the way. While I get how others feel about it (my wife included) I just can't wish death on a person for a difference of opinion. At the same time it can be argued that Trump, Giuliani, et al. have done more than their part in helping to spread this but at the same time people need to own some personal responsibility when it comes to basic things like wearing masks and socially distancing.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

It will only be karma if he actually gets sick.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
I fear you may be right. I know that Trump will go down as one of the worst president's in history but look at how far Giuliani has fallen from his rise as America's Mayor, he was well respected by everyone. I get that it's his own doing but it's still sad to see him go out like this.
Don't be fooled. Giuliani was always a prick:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Don't be fooled. Giuliani was always a prick:

No kidding. My life in NYC included the era of Rudy as our mayor.. He had a rep for doing stuff to cut back the welfare rolls and some of it worked for everyone and some of it landed people in jail for sleeping on the street, and some of it worked just for his stats (he loved to say how he took a population the size of Buffalo off the welfare rolls) and some worked best for the private for-profit companies that he got involved sometimes, like overseeing welfare to workfare transformation of benefits recipients and making sure they stuck to the jobs for at least 6 months at a time... jobs that came w/o minwage or sick pay bennies of course.

Modern day slavery, not to put too fine a point on it. Some of the jobs were temping for the city, like answering phones at agencies, so working in tandem or near other city employees with regular pay and benefits, but not having hope of those perks themselves.

Rudy's admin in the city also ran a nefarious catch-22 operation related to welfare benefits for awhile. They were having city departments schedule mandatory benefits review out in one borough at the same date and time as a mandatory drug screening in another borough. Can't make both appointments? Too bad, benfits cancelled. Think that one finally got documented to the newspapers by some appalled social workers and so took a fade.

To his credit, big maybe, I remember once his having said in some debate there were some things he regretted during his time as mayor, but he moved on to other remarks without elaborating and there was no followup. We didn't get to hear exactly which stunts he'd pulled in NYC that he actually came to feel badly about, or that perhaps caused him some public relations problems..

Top Bottom
1 2