Sacramento mother seeks public's help finding missing 16-year-old

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not getting the same attention as the Gabby Petito case and some glaring hypocrisy on the part of the police is worth calling out here. The local news said the police didn't deem this as important, even though this girl has no history of running away, encounters with the law and has always kept in contact with her family. Ridiculous.

The media is hounding the police as to why they're not taking it seriously and it appears it's the only thing prompting them to act.
Her mother, Yolanda Holmes, said James was not at school when family tried to pick her up Friday. Later that night, she did not show up to the high school's football game. She is a cheerleader and was supposed to be cheering. Holmes said her daughter is a Taco Bell employee and has missed her two work shifts over the weekend.

"If someone has my daughter, please let her go," Holmes said. "Please, I'm worried."

According to a spokesperson for the Sacramento Police Department, based on the preliminary investigation, James is "not considered at-risk."

Her mother disagrees and explained to KCRA 3 her daughter is a minor who has never disappeared or run away before.

KCRA 3 asked the department how they determine if a missing person is at-risk or not. A spokesperson said criteria is based on recommendations from the California Department of Justice. According to police, an at-risk missing person is defined as:
  • Victims of suspected foul play.
  • Persons who need medical attention for conditions that may be life-threatening.
  • Persons who are mentally impaired and unable to care for themselves, or who can be a threat to themselves or others.
  • Victims of abduction.
  • Persons having no pattern of running away or disappearing, coupled with questionable circumstances.
  • Any child 0-15 years old who is reported missing.
James is 16 years old, but her mother said she has no history of running away or disappearing.

Last edited:
U

User.45

Not getting the same attention as the Gabby Petito case and some glaring hypocrisy on the part of the police is worth calling out here. The local news said the police didn't deem this as important, even though this girl has no history of running away, encounters with the law and has always kept in contact with her family. Ridiculous.

The media is hounding the police as to why they're not taking it seriously and it appears it's the only thing prompting them to act.

You meant to share this link:

You're catching my drift BTW. It's just human nature that the police will spend more resources on cases where there is risk of media backlash.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You meant to share this link:

Holy crap man, looks like I copied the URL after accidentally clicking on a different link, good catch. 🙏

You're catching my drift BTW. It's just human nature that the police will spend more resources on cases where there is risk of media backlash.
In this case it's nice to see the media questioning the cops on the importance of this, you can see exactly why it's so lopsided. When it comes to race there is simply less importance put on the lives of minorities. Look at how they just assumed this missing teen was deemed a misfit or a runaway when she clearly wasn't.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

It will be interesting to see if anything changes after the backlash is coming from the other direction now, probably not.

In related news, last week I saw several articles saying Congress won't be moving on police reform. I wasn't aware that, that had a self-life that could expire, but it did and it has.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if anything changes after the backlash is coming from the other direction now, probably not.

In related news, last week I saw several articles saying Congress won't be moving on police reform. I wasn't aware that, that had a self-life that could expire, but it did and it has.
Tim Scott is full of crap. Here’s a quote from his interview, in which he falsely accused Cory Booker of trying to defund the police with the legislation:

"Here's what we know," Scott said. "We have about $1 billion in grant money that goes to police. When you start saying, 'In order to receive those dollars, you must do A, B and C. And if you don't do a B and C, you literally lose eligibility for the two major pots of money — the Byrne grants and the COP grants' — when you tell local law enforcement agencies that you are ineligible for money, that's defunding the police, there's no way to spin that."
So, by putting requirements on police departments that they reform their behavior in order for them to receive money... that is now defunding the police? Other than withholding grants from them, how do you expect to get them to comply with the reforms? You are only “defunding” the police departments that are doing the wrong thing. Shame on Tim Scott.

The Democrats should kill the filibuster and pass everything they ran on. The GOP has no desire to pass anything, and whatever “bipartisan” work they supposedly are working on, they intentionally torpedo it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure $900 million of that $1 billion goes to settling police misconduct civil suits.
Byrne grants already have prohibitions on expenditures, and there are rules on COPS grants as well. So his argument is pure nonsense.

Byrne grants:

As for COPS grants, the Trump administration “defunded" departments that didn’t toe his line on illegal immigration, and I believe Tim Scott didn’t say anything about that then. Biden’s administration nullified that “defunding” very early on. So who is really "defunding the police"?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
FYI, this person has been located. All we know so far.

Fox40
The Sacramento Police Department confirmed Tuesday that Tymeah James was found safe outside of Sacramento. Investigators said there were no signs of foul play and James will be reunited with her family.

Top Bottom
1 2