Safari on iPad and Mac - Apple going back to tabs

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You CAN choose to put the address bar at the top.

We’ll FMA, look at that …

1634901192390.png

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
We’ll FMA, look at that …
I don't care. :p I loathe using a browser on a phone no matter where the search bar is. Probably true the bottom makes more sense. But forget tab groups, and I curse when I inadvertently open just one page in Safari on an iOS device... or when occasionally forced to do so by some app's routine to establish iOS credentials for an existing account that you've only been using meanwhile in a laptop's browser.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I don't care. :p I loathe using a browser on a phone no matter where the search bar is. Probably true the bottom makes more sense. But forget tab groups, and I curse when I inadvertently open just one page in Safari on an iOS device... or when occasionally forced to do so by some app's routine to establish iOS credentials for an existing account that you've only been using meanwhile in a browser.

Totally agree, I pretty much only use a phone based browser when there's no app __and__ it's something that has to be done on the go, where I only have my phone, which is pretty rare. At home I might occasionally look up some rando information if we're just kickin' back and my phone is handy, things that are a quick lookup - but even then, usually something like the Wikipedia app is handier (and much better content formatting/control).

I was kind of thinking of a phone-only type situation, like going to Universal, and everything I'd need or want: park info, weather, messaging, email, photos, and so on ... all app based.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just downloaded 15.1 to my iPad. Bookmarks are much improved. Still works slightly different in landscape vs portrait but I’m glad they seem to have listened to feedback.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Just downloaded 15.1 to my iPad. Bookmarks are much improved. Still works slightly different in landscape vs portrait but I’m glad they seem to have listened to feedback.

Yeah, next thing you know, they'll be putting MagSafe and an HDMI port back on MBPs ...

Top Bottom
1 2