Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Should we wonder if Scott Atlas asked for a pardon on his way out? Just in case giving a prez bad advice about a coronavirus pandemic counts as malpractice... or just professional negligence in standing around watching people drop like flies while tolerating a boss talking trash all the while about the pandemic itself, best practice response and prospects for a miraculous "disappearance' of covid-19?

All we needed to know about the value of Scott Atlas to the USA as a government employee was probably this:

Dr. Atlas caught Mr. Trump’s eye with his frequent appearances on the Fox News Channel over the summer, and joined the White House in August as a special government employee for a limited term that was set to expire this week...

U

User.45

Why bother? It’s all over on Jan 20 anyway. Maybe he got a job offer for a far-right news channel and had to quit to take it.
He's a neuroradiologist, he could just go into private practice and make $300K if he wants to chillax, $600 if he wants to work hard.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
He's a neuroradiologist, he could just go into private practice and make $300K if he wants to chillax, $600 if he wants to work hard.

Hell I wish he had stuck to that in the first place. One can hardly begrudge a physician his choice of medical specialization, and I certainly can't comment on his qualifications there, although he is currently board-certified only in diagnostic radiology, no longer (since 2017) in neuroradiology.

Be that how it is, since Scott Atlas is not certified in a field closer to the post to which had Trump appointed him --e.g., immunology, virology, public health administration-- then Trump's questionable pick will forever remain linked to nothing more than Atlas' reputation for conservative views on health policy in general (via past work for Giuliani and Romney campaigns and a position at the Hoover Institution).

But the most relevant fact regarding the temporary appointment as Trump's "coronavirus advisor" was simply that The Don saw Scott Atlas on Fox pretty often last summer, and seized on a potential loyalist.. a guy who was good for no more than a boost to Trump's ratings from die-hard supporters, in the run-up to the 2020 elections.

That was how much Trump cared for public health... picking an advisor primarily because Fox News fans really went for a medico who ran with libertarian resistance to masking and social distancing mandates. This in the face of a global pandemic, when the most effective measures short of a vaccine were and still are those two measures.

U

User.45

Hell I wish he had stuck to that in the first place. One can hardly begrudge a physician his choice of medical specialization, and I certainly can't comment on his qualifications there, although he is currently board-certified only in diagnostic radiology, no longer (since 2017) in neuroradiology.

Be that how it is, since Scott Atlas is not certified in a field closer to the post to which had Trump appointed him --e.g., immunology, virology, public health administration-- then Trump's questionable pick will forever remain linked to nothing more than Atlas' reputation for conservative views on health policy in general (via past work for Giuliani and Romney campaigns and a position at the Hoover Institution).

But the most relevant fact regarding the temporary appointment as Trump's "coronavirus advisor" was simply that The Don saw Scott Atlas on Fox pretty often last summer, and seized on a potential loyalist.. a guy who was good for no more than a boost to Trump's ratings from die-hard supporters, in the run-up to the 2020 elections.

That was how much Trump cared for public health... picking an advisor primarily because Fox News fans really went for a medico who ran with libertarian resistance to masking and social distancing mandates. This in the face of a global pandemic, when the most effective measures short of a vaccine were and still are those two measures.

He's a legit professor of neuro-radiology, the type of guy who actually defines the board exam materials and contributes questions to the exam. His neuro-rads subspecialty board cert slip has no effect on his ability to read brain scans, it just tells you he wasn't willing to pay money for recert.

His contributions to health policy are on a level of an assistant professor...This is why the whole thing is ridiculous. I've seen people reposition themselves all the time, esp. at fancy institutions like HMS, Stanford or Hopkins, but those people usually have already contributed more and better...

A physician friend of mine was so pissed at him, she actually demands revocation of Atlas' license. I'm less radical, but I can't really put it in a more eloquent way: this guy is shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He's a legit professor of neuro-radiology, the type of guy who actually defines the board exam materials and contributes questions to the exam. His neuro-rads subspecialty board cert slip has no effect on his ability to read bran scans, it just tell you he wasn't willing to pay money for recert.

His contributions to health policy are on a level of an assistant professor...This is why the whole thing is ridiculous. I've seen people reposition themselves all the time, esp. at fancy institutions like HMS, Stanford or Hopkins, but those people usually have already contributed more and better...

A physician friend of mine was so pissed at him, she actually demands revocation of Atlas' license. I'm less radical, but I can't really put it in a more eloquent way: this guy is shit.
It sounds nuanced, yes he has some credentials but not much of them and definitely in the wrong field of study. However, from the view of a pundit they just see a doctor willing to put aside his medical training and scientific facts in order to bolster a political point of view instead. For them it's a no brainer, certainly Fox News viewers aren't going to dig into this guys background as you have.

U

User.45

It sounds nuanced, yes he has some credentials but not much of them and definitely in the wrong field of study. However, from the view of a pundit they just see a doctor willing to put aside his medical training and scientific facts in order to bolster a political point of view instead. For them it's a no brainer, certainly Fox News viewers aren't going to dig into this guys background as you have.

This is his expertise:

Top Bottom
1 2