Scottish MPs Once More Call for Investigations Into Trump’s Businesses

lizkat

Bean Planter (yet again)
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wonder if Trump could be extradited to his mother's homeland.

He'd be better off trying to pitch a resort, hotel and golf complex in the UAE somewhere.

Thanks to UAE's normalization of relationship w/ Israel, the US is selling them $23B weapons (not quite as good as what we provide to Israel, or so he apparently promises Bibi)

So you'd think the UAE might find it their heart to put the welcome mat out for Trump (possibly in a hurry) when he leaves office at noon on January 20.

I keep wondering if the USA is going to lift his passport then... or if he'll leave early. Not resign, just skedaddle.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
He'd be better off trying to pitch a resort, hotel and golf complex in the UAE somewhere.

Thanks to UAE's normalization of relationship w/ Israel, the US is selling them $23B weapons (not quite as good as what we provide to Israel, or so he apparently promises Bibi)

So you'd think the UAE might find it their heart to put the welcome mat out for Trump (possibly in a hurry) when he leaves office at noon on January 20.

I keep wondering if the USA is going to lift his passport then... or if he'll leave early. Not resign, just skedaddle.

As long as he is president, I assume that he carries (or has been issued with) two official passports; his normal, standard one, plus a diplomatic passport.

The special, or diplomatic, passport could (or should) cease to have validity when he leaves office, although I assume that former presidents are still be entitled to be issued with one, or some version of a diplomatic, or special status, passport, given that they still receive SS protection; I'd be surprised if they weren't.

lizkat

Bean Planter (yet again)
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
As long as he is president, I assume that he carries (or has been issued with) two official passports; his normal, standard one, plus a diplomatic passport.

The special, or diplomatic, passport could (or should) cease to have validity when he leaves office, although I assume that former presidents are still be entitled to be issued with one, or some version of a diplomatic, or special status, passport, given that they still receive SS protection; I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Well... Trump looks to have far more potential legal baggage upon his exit from the Presidency than has had the average other American president. Nixon had potential federal indictments weighing on him but then Ford pardoned him. Trump, though, has federal and state legal matters potentially awaiting him so it will be interesting if he is considered a flight risk if and when any charges are brought. There are apparently federal tax matters aside from any federal charges that may be brought by US attorneys in the Southern District of NY, plus whatever the NY Attorney General plans to pursue at state level.

Perhaps Trump's delusions about his immunity from rule of law will make him insouciant about inability to travel internationally after he leaves office. But potential prosecutors might be looking at it differently.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
How dare are the Irish getting into our domestic squabbles! It's outrageous... No wonder it takes them six weeks to assemble the iMac I ordered. They are too busy mingling in our affairs. Mind your own business, you drunks. You don't see America getting into other people's business!

....oh, wait. :LOL:

Top Bottom