SCOTUS to hear case on Chevron doctrine

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Is this the case that will overturn it?

I for one, hope so. Federal agencies are wielding power that Congress didn't give them and they are keeping in part because of Chevron.

@Alli, this is an example of unelected bureaucrats having too much power.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A Conservative court looking to "overturn" regulation around the environment and fossil fuels, what's the worst that can happen? Bring back leaded gas!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
A Conservative court looking to "overturn" regulation around the environment and fossil fuels, what's the worst that can happen? Bring back leaded gas!

You are looking at this in the macro and I am looking at it in the micro.

The EPA is making up rules that Congress never approved. The EPA was never meant to regulate a pond to water cattle on a farmer's land.

Why should the courts automatically defer to an agency in a court case? Why shouldn't the court simply be able to look at the laws that Congress wrote and decide the case based on the merits and not having to put a finger on the scale for the agency?

So while I do understand your concern in the macro, had these power hungry agencies stuck to the laws the way Congress wrote them, this case would probably not exist.

It will be if Chevron is overturned.

How so? These unelected bureaucrats took power in areas Congress didn't authorize. This will take power from them.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
You are looking at this in the macro and I am looking at it in the micro.

The EPA is making up rules that Congress never approved. The EPA was never meant to regulate a pond to water cattle on a farmer's land.
You may be looking at this in the micro and considering what Congress may or may not have approved, etc., but the so-called leaders opposing environmental regulations are not doing so based on their strict interpretation of the Constitution (which we know they don't really care about based on their support of the traitor Trump), it's all about corporate profits and political contributions.

Top Bottom
1 2