September (20) Apple Event

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Seeing as I won't see mine for supposedly 2 months, I'm wondering if I ordered the right size, as I've seen some posts of others not fitting properly.
Is it that far out just for the band? I'll probably hold off for now then. I watched a video on the sizing tool and it seems like a pretty good solution, @Alli did you use that as well?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Is it that far out just for the band? I'll probably hold off for now then. I watched a video on the sizing tool and it seems like a pretty good solution, @Alli did you use that as well?
Yeah. If you order a band now & can't get in store ( none open for me here, or available in stores in CT or HI ) it won't ship until mid November.

Some have posted videos or claimed that they used the tool and the band didn't fit as expected. I am wondering if they used the wrong size band, as the measuring tool adjusts according to what size band you order. I've checked the tool on myself a few times and the number is consistent. I saw a video where someone had a wrist size I thought were similar and they ordered a completely different size and it was close for them. I think they had a different size band.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah. If you order a band now & can't get in store ( none open for me here, or available in stores in CT or HI ) it won't ship until mid November.

Some have posted videos or claimed that they used the tool and the band didn't fit as expected. I am wondering if they used the wrong size band, as the measuring tool adjusts according to what size band you order. I've checked the tool on myself a few times and the number is consistent. I saw a video where someone had a wrist size I thought were similar and they ordered a completely different size and it was close for them. I think they had a different size band.
I see, yeah this is one of those things that you really want to try before you buy, especially when it's a fixed size.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I used a measuring tape and measured in centimeters. After years of having my wrists measured for lymphedema, I’ve gotten pretty good at it.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I used a measuring tape and measured in centimeters. After years of having my wrists measured for lymphedema, I’ve gotten pretty good at it.
So smart AND has a braided band!

tenor.gif

😝

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Smart. WWF wasn’t my game. It was fun. But I’m no good at it.
I enjoy it to be honest but it's all the time I have to sit there thinking about it, I don't want to just play the easiest words and I really have to carve out the time, which I don't always have.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Going to trade in my iPad mini 5 towards the new Air. The size is still portable for me.
It's quite the product, but if you want more power you may want to consider 11 inch iPP as well. There is a $50 price difference so it's something to consider.

Granted this is obviously directed towards my use cases, but it does raise a few good points for considering both. Especially when we are seeing sales on the iPPs nowadays.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I have had them all now, the Air, the Mini, the Pro in both sizes. It always comes down to what fits best in your hands when you need them.

I want the Pro in a Mini. But I do not want it to have Touch ID. Face ID FTW! The iPad mini is still my favorite iPad. My Mom has my Mini 4 and every time she passes it to me I wish for for a Pro to be that small.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I want the Pro in a Mini. But I do not want it to have Touch ID. Face ID FTW! The iPad mini is still my favorite iPad. My Mom has my Mini 4 and every time she passes it to me I wish for for a Pro to be that small.

I loved the Mini when it first came out. But since I have a plus sized phone now, the Mini is almost too small. The big Pro was nice, but it really was too big for portability - almost as big as my MacBook.

Right now I’m very happy with my regular size Pro version with the fancy keyboard and pencil. I really have been much more productive since getting the keyboard, mostly because I’m more likely to go to my discussion assignments in Blackboard now without having to get up and go to my Mac. I can type well enough on my iPad now to do real work.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I want the keyboard so badly. I hate winter but December can’t come soon enough. I really want  to do the 6% Daily Cash again. S6 and MK here I come!

I’ve decided to not get a solo loop with my watch. I can’t take that risk until  changes the return policy. So for now the plan is to get it with the Pride sport band.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I looked at ordering one tonight, then I saw the shipping date...

👀
Did the basic IT solution.

Turned the iPP off then on again, and..,. update available.

Also really looking forward to Miles Morales Spider-Man this Christmas.
I've waited patiently for this post...
50621094563_0ef1a3019e.jpg

Yes, that's right. Ordered on Sept 15th, delivered Nov 19th.

2 plus months for a watch band. 2+ MONTHS! 👀

Even the Miles Morales game came out before I got the band.

At least it fits. I was freaking out about it not fitting, sending it back, and having to ask for a new one. 🤪

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've waited patiently for this post...
50621094563_0ef1a3019e.jpg

Yes, that's right. Ordered on Sept 15th, delivered Nov 19th.

2 plus months for a watch band. 2+ MONTHS! 👀

Even the Miles Morales game came out before I got the band.

At least it fits. I was freaking out about it not fitting, sending it back, and having to ask for a new one. 🤪

That is just crazy. Apple needs to get it together.

Top Bottom
1 2