September (20) Apple Event

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I do like how Safari has stolen the starting page from Google, so you can have a background on your starting browsing page.

I haven’t tried it yet. I haven’t been on my Mac. I updated it from Screens. I’ll try it tomorrow though. I’m excited for the tracking stuff.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Did it finish? BTW there’s a Mac update too. For me it was only for Safari. My iMac is old so it won’t get the next OS update.
I finally went to bed but it was all done when I got up. I'll work on my iMac today.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
From random Mac forums to MSNBC pundits...

Did you notice anything different with Apple TV?

There is no separation. MSNBC is the background to my life.

And not yet. But after I finished the update I watched Rachael, so I haven’t really done anything.

Herd immunity is so stupid! I love Rachel!

She must have replayed that clip a dozen times.

There are two shows I try not to miss. Nicolle Wallace in the afternoon and Rachael Maddow at night.

Did it finish? BTW there’s a Mac update too. For me it was only for Safari. My iMac is old so it won’t get the next OS update.

Yea, they released the Safari update early. We’ll get Big Sur in a few weeks, I guess.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
When I opened the Safari help on my Mac yesterday it was a disaster of broken image links. Maybe they changed the help page for the new version, and I just hadn’t updated to it yet? Bad job, Apple. :(

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
When I opened the Safari help on my Mac yesterday it was a disaster of broken image links. Maybe they changed the help page for the new version, and I just hadn’t updated to it yet? Bad job, Apple. :(
Yeah, TBH I'm afraid to update my iMac, my Adobe PS and LR are already so slow on it that I don't want to make it worse.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You want to really be entertained on Safari?

You can choose your background on your starting page. For me though, there's a delay or lag. So you click on a picture or highlight thinking you are going to get a look. I got nothing, then picked another picture. Got a preview, but not of the picture I clicked. Clicked 3 more times only to realize it was previewing the LAST picture I clicked on. :LOL:

Yeah, there's a few bugs, but they got time since they released this early.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
My iPad updated last night, while I was sleeping (started it myself, then went to bed). So far, OK, not seeing much to be joyful about yet, other than the fact that the annoying auto-caps bug seems to be gone (I would be editing a post and tap somewhere, anywhere, and it would decide to put the shift key on for no sensible reason).

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
She must have replayed that clip a dozen times.

That clip should be played on a loop. Everyone and their dog should see it.

There are two shows I try not to miss. Nicolle Wallace in the afternoon and Rachael Maddow at night.

I never got into Wallace. I find her to be annoying. And whenever she hosts for Rachel I roll my eyes. I need to let it go but whenever I see her face I see Bush. I don’t watch a lot of MSNBC anymore. They’re too corporate democrat for me. But I love Rachel.

Yea, they released the Safari update early. We’ll get Big Sur in a few weeks, I guess.

I wish I could get Big Sur. I’m still debating on whether I’m going to get a new iMac. Or if I’m going to try to hang on for an iMac with  silicon. I have a Late 2013. It works perfectly fine. I’m hoping it will hold up until then.

I need some app updates to take advantage of more of the new features.

Yes! I only have one app that takes advantage of widgets. I need  to integrate Dark Sky. It’s still using The Weather Channel. I promptly deleted it again.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wish I could get Big Sur. I’m still debating on whether I’m going to get a new iMac. Or if I’m going to try to hang on for an iMac with  silicon. I have a Late 2013. It works perfectly fine. I’m hoping it will hold up until then.

I got a new MBP last summer after residency. I realized I needed more space and more power just for all the research I was collecting.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I’m shopping MacBooks for my sister. This will be her first computer. I choose all the tech my family uses. They don’t like having to think about it.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
None of my shortcuts work with HomePod. So annoying. I need  to roll out the audioOS update ASAP!

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I have an Alexa every 6 feet, so I didn’t bother with the overpriced HomePod.

HomePod is definitely overpriced. I got mine in Christmas 2018 when they were on sale for $199. At the time that was the lowest price and it was one per customer. I bought one thinking I’d only want one. I was wrong. I bought a 2nd one a month later still on sale. But I bought it as my Mom.

Top Bottom
1 2