Sessions knew that families would be separated - DOJ report

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I said this from day one when that evil racist fucking elf hitched his wagon to 45
tenor.gif

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1349783606865047553/

"[T]he Department's single-minded focus on increasing prosecutions came at the expense of careful and appropriate consideration of the impact that prosecution of family unit adults and family separations would have on children traveling with them and the government's ability to later reunite the children with their parents," the inspector general concluded.

Lawyers are still unable to reach the parents of 611 children who had been split from their families by US border officials between 2017 and 2018, according to a Wednesday court filing.

Disgraceful and disgusting.

U

User.45

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1349783606865047553/

"[T]he Department's single-minded focus on increasing prosecutions came at the expense of careful and appropriate consideration of the impact that prosecution of family unit adults and family separations would have on children traveling with them and the government's ability to later reunite the children with their parents," the inspector general concluded.

Lawyers are still unable to reach the parents of 611 children who had been split from their families by US border officials between 2017 and 2018, according to a Wednesday court filing.
Of course this was a policy feature, not a bug. Sadly this isn't something that gets enough international coverage. A very very well informed conservative friend of mine from Europe was shocked when I described the story to him.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The right-wingers talk about how much they love Jesus... maybe they should review their Bibles?

Matthew 18:6
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Jesus had nothing nice to say about those who mistreated children...

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Stuff like this always reminds me of a line that has stuck with me

“How a government treats refugees is instructive – it shows how they would treat the rest of us if they thought they could get away with it.” - Tony Benn

Agreed.

Excellent quote.

And a very useful yardstick with which to measure such things.
Indeed an excellent quote and yardstick.

Unfortunately we're now stuck with the odious and incompetent Priti Patel… *shudder*

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Indeed an excellent quote and yardstick.

Unfortunately we're now stuck with the odious and incompetent Priti Patel… *shudder*

Incompetent, I can (just about) forgive.

Odious, and delighting in the arbitrary, cruel and rigid application of already unfair and unjust rules and regulations (and deliberately designed to be that way), no. Never.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Incompetent, I can (just about) forgive.

Odious, and delighting in the arbitrary, cruel and rigid application of already unfair and unjust rules and regulations (and deliberately designed to be that way), no. Never.

Ugh. Even I know who Priti Patel is, and even as neglectful as I sometimes am of non-US-related news in UK news outlets I read. She'd fit right in with some of the crowd we have on the GOP side of the aisle here these days, no joke.

Top Bottom
1 2