Sheriff defying court order to provide misconduct list cost us $2 million.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

And why should they give a shit. Cost them nothing. It's our tax dollars and they do it all the time.

Also notice the mother of the victim feels they lacked proper training which is a far more generously sympathetic to the police reaction to these cases than usual. But still, no. "Here's a couple million in tax dollars, lady. Now shut up and move along now."

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It's sad that the most we can probably hope for in the short term is that that sheriff loses his job in the next election.

What we really need is for a Biden Justice Department to investigate and punish crooked law enforcement departments, including this sheriff.

Of course, with the amount of corruption present in law enforcement, you'd probably have to hire an entirely new division just to handle the caseload.

The political argument against it would be that it would inflame hatred of Biden among police departments, to which I say, so what? It's not like they're supporting him a lot now.

(And, such a move would help cement Biden's position in the black community and remove any remaining stigma from his support of the 1990s crime enforcement bill.)

In fact, I'd recommend going down this road as soon as possible. The quicker you can get crooked cops fired and/or jailed, the sooner you can set the conditions for hiring new officers (at all levels) with cleaner records. And if you can do that within a four year Biden term, maybe some in law enforcement will see that their situation has actually improved.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's sad that the most we can probably hope for in the short term is that that sheriff loses his job in the next election.

What we really need is for a Biden Justice Department to investigate and punish crooked law enforcement departments, including this sheriff.

Of course, with the amount of corruption present in law enforcement, you'd probably have to hire an entirely new division just to handle the caseload.

The political argument against it would be that it would inflame hatred of Biden among police departments, to which I say, so what? It's not like they're supporting him a lot now.

(And, such a move would help cement Biden's position in the black community and remove any remaining stigma from his support of the 1990s crime enforcement bill.)

In fact, I'd recommend going down this road as soon as possible. The quicker you can get crooked cops fired and/or jailed, the sooner you can set the conditions for hiring new officers (at all levels) with cleaner records. And if you can do that within a four year Biden term, maybe some in law enforcement will see that their situation has actually improved.

I'm all for Biden (should he win) going all in on crooked cops and departments. He would more than likely serve just four years and would have nothing to lose. Harris would have to make the case for her candidacy should she choose to step up in 2024. This year has to really change things or all the marching, campaigns and heart ache would have been for nothing.

Top Bottom