She's black and pissing me off

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
High school Karen's had enough of this teacher being black.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If this teacher retaliated in any physical way she would be eviscerated, not only because she's black (which would only exacerbate it) but kids can no longer be disciplined. I know I'm dating myself but when I went to school teachers were allowed to "swat" you, most had their wooden plank displayed on the wall with pride and they weren't playing around, it hurt to get one and you knew better than to screw off in class, and if you told your parents they would laugh and tell you to get your shit together then. No way that would ever stand today.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
If this teacher retaliated in any physical way she would be eviscerated, not only because she's black (which would only exacerbate it) but kids can no longer be disciplined. I know I'm dating myself but when I went to school teachers were allowed to "swat" you, most had their wooden plank displayed on the wall with pride and they weren't playing around, it hurt to get one and you knew better than to screw off in class, and if you told your parents they would laugh and tell you to get your shit together then. No way that would ever stand today.

I used to get paddled in elementary school by the principal lol The problem is that parents are FRIENDS with their kids now instead of parents first. They all want to be the "cool" parents.

I have a co worker that came into my office once (pre covid). She was pissed because the school called her and said her son hit is head on the wall. She was mad at the school claiming they did something to her kid. She was leaving to pick him up but she was so pissed and ready to go off on the school. She kept saying "I know my son." and he wouldn't just run into a wall. She came back the next day and it turns out her son called a girl a "bitch" and then ran.....straight into a wall LOLOL They had it all on camera. I looked at her and said "I guess you didn't know your son as well as you thought you did" LMAO The comments I hear from this lady EVERY time something at school involving her son makes me thankful I didn't go into teaching. Now imagine 30 sets of these parents if you have 30 kids in your class lol

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
That teacher did everything right. She remained calm and said nothing inappropriate.

I would have gone one step further though. The minute that little girl slapped her, she should have feigned a heart attack and gone down. That worked as my de-escalation tactic for 25 years. “Go ahead, and give it your best shot. Cause you’re only getting the one shot. After that I’m going down like a ton of bricks and you’re going to jail. Then your parents and the school district are going to buy my early retirement. Go ahead. It’s on you.”

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

Teachers are adults. They should not be the ones to escalate and make it physical. Aside from normal punishment, the kid should be put on notice that the next time it's expulsion though.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Next time? If anybody hits a teacher, they should be out.

That also works, but I would say you would say anything that is instant expulsion should be made very clear to parents. Kids are unlikely to associate slapping someone's hand with being unable to ever set foot on that campus again, thus, make sure the parents are very aware of these things are to be applied uniformly.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That also works, but I would say you would say anything that is instant expulsion should be made very clear to parents. Kids are unlikely to associate slapping someone's hand with being unable to ever set foot on that campus again, thus, make sure the parents are very aware of these things are to be applied uniformly.
The Castleberry school district handbook lists on page 110:
Conduct that contains the elements of assault under Penal Code 22.01(a) (1) in retaliation against a
school employee or volunteer.
As an offense resulting in expulsion from the school.

Weird fact about that school district: they allow corporal punishment (to include paddling) unless the parents specifically opt their child out of it. Does Texas still think it’s the early 20th century instead of the 21st?

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
The Castleberry school district handbook lists on page 110:

As an offense resulting in expulsion from the school.

Keep in mind I didn't look up explicit policies there. In that case, the girl may have homeschooling in her future.

Weird fact about that school district: they allow corporal punishment (to include paddling) unless the parents specifically opt their child out of it. Does Texas still think it’s the early 20th century instead of the 21st?

That seems insane to me.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Keep in mind I didn't look up explicit policies there. In that case, the girl may have homeschooling in her future.

That seems insane to me.
I would be shocked if there was a school where you would NOT be expelled for striking a teacher.

But, I was shocked by the fact that they still allow corporal punishment, so you never know!

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Vaccinated
Reaction score
That seems insane to me.

Speaking from experience as someone who wasn't so bad they needed intervention, but was annoying enough to earn a paddling every other week, it doesn't do much to adjust behavior.

I was always more fearful of being put on recess detention or being grounded, because that makes you feel like your behavior is costing you something. A paddling stings for a second, then it's over with. Carry on.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if there was a school where you would NOT be expelled for striking a teacher.

But, I was shocked by the fact that they still allow corporal punishment, so you never know!

I will tell you, I didn't look into that. I just watched the video, and it wasn't anything that was going to injure anyone or leave a mark. Admittedly, I had a number of teachers that annoyed me (including a couple weirdos who I suspect are now Trumpists). It never occurred to me hit one of them, which was probably for the best.

Top Bottom