Shooting at Colorado LGBTQ club kills 5, injures 18

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Sadly, they're just acceptable consequences of those believing in no-limitations gun ownership.

One would have thought 60 dead and 400+ injured in the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting (along with school shootings before and after) would have caused people and politicians to wake up.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Lauren Boebert is a POS. Always has been, always will be.

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 8.22.47 AM.png

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
An Army veteran at the club with his family stopped the shooter, who had body armor, an assault rifle, and a handgun… barehanded. He got an assist from a drag queen in heels.

The right-wing talking heads keep trashing LGBTQ people and the woke military. Well, a “woke” veteran and a drag queen took out a cowardly representative of the supposedly strong right-wing ideal: an anti-LGBTQ tough white guy with guns.

As Fierro got up from the floor, he said, he saw the man with a gun.

“I looked across the room and the guy was standing at the door. I ran across the bar, grabbed the guy from the back and pulled him down and pinned him against the stairs,” he said.

Fierro weighs 300 pounds, but said the gunman was bigger, wearing body armor and carrying both a handgun and an AR-15 style rifle.
“He went for his weapon, and I grabbed his handgun,” Fierro said, but “his AR was right in front of him.”

Fierro said he started shouting orders to a young man who had stopped in front of the shooter to assist.
“I said ‘Kick him! Move the AR!’ Then I just started hitting him. But he was in armor plates, so I started hitting him wherever there was skin,” Fierro said. “The back of his head was my target.”

Fierro said he felt his military training kick in.
“I’m an officer and that’s what we do: I took control of the scene as best I could. I’m just hitting the guy with the pistol, beating the back of his head,” he recalled. “I’m yelling to people at the same time, ‘Call the police! Let’s go!’”
When the young man assisting him flagged, Fierro said he hailed a passing drag queen in high heels to help, shouting, “Kick him!”
“She kicked him because the other guy was tired,” he said.
By the time the first police officer arrived minutes later, Fierro said, “I was in the middle of a puddle of blood.”

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
An Army veteran at the club with his family stopped the shooter, who had body armor, an assault rifle, and a handgun… barehanded. He got an assist from a drag queen in heels.

The right-wing talking heads keep trashing LGBTQ people and the woke military. Well, a “woke” veteran and a drag queen took out a cowardly representative of the supposedly strong right-wing ideal: an anti-LGBTQ tough white guy with guns.
No wonder they don’t want wokeness or drag queens anywhere near children…

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
The Fierro's brewery (couldn't read the WaPo story, so not sure if it was mentioned by name)

"Diversity, it’s on tap!" is lit up on the store front marquee and prominently displayed on all our merchandise. We have been challenged by consumers about the use of diversity in our motto. We respond calmly and to engage in discussion simply with the facts.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

Sad but true. How far from the true Christian ideals that some of these extremists are proclaiming? If they have actually read the Bible, then they would know that they would be considered lost and their actions were the bad examples that Jesus preached against.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I would probably change that to: "...a hateful and mentally unstable person could show up with a gun."

No need to further add to the hostile divisiveness that already exists In the country.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I would probably change that to: "...a hateful and mentally unstable person could show up with a gun."
You say tomato, I say tomato. 😜

No need to further add to the hostile divisiveness that already exists In the country.
A problem with compressing it into “a hateful and mentally unstable person” is that the horrible persons whose rhetoric incite the stochastic terrorism get off scot-free, letting them blame it on individual perpetrators’ mental problems.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You say tomato, I say tomato. 😜

A problem with compressing it into “a hateful and mentally unstable person” is that the horrible persons whose rhetoric incite the stochastic terrorism get off scot-free, letting them blame it on individual perpetrators’ mental problems.

And the problem with compressing/generalizing/broadbrushing it into a particular religion is that it further incites and divides.

Disclaimer: I'm not a member of any organized religion. Or political party.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Who happens to be a far right radical. Certainly not all Christians fit this category, but when one shoots up a bunch of innocent people for simply being who they are naturally, they tend to be Christian fundamentalists full of hate.

You don't see LGBTQ going to churches and telling them how to live their lives, or hating on them because a man loves a woman or vice versa, people just want to identify with who they are and leave others be. The fanatics won't have it and when you sit in church every week listening to them preach about love being between a man and a woman because some mythical "God" wants it that way and you're already on the edge, some get pushed over.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Who happens to be a far right radical. Certainly not all Christians fit this category, but when one shoots up a bunch of innocent people for simply being who they are naturally, they tend to be Christian fundamentalists full of hate.

You don't see LGBTQ going to churches and telling them how to live their lives, or hating on them because a man loves a woman or vice versa, people just want to identify with who they are and leave others be. The fanatics won't have it and when you sit in church every week listening to them preach about love being between a man and a woman because some mythical "God" wants it that way and you're already on the edge, some get pushed over.

But is it really necessary to broad-brush and call out and generalize Christians (or any other religious group/ethnicity/beliefs, as we've seen over many years of history)?

That just stirs up the pot fostering more hate and divisiveness.

If there's some good that comes out of doing that, what is it? I trust it's more than what some probably believe is a snappy social media meme?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
But is it really necessary to broad-brush and call out and generalize Christians (or any other religious group/ethnicity/beliefs, as we've seen over many years of history)?

That just stirs up the pot fostering more hate and divisiveness.

If there's some good that comes out of doing that, what is it? I trust it's more than what some probably believe is a snappy social media meme?
IMO the blatant hypocrisy and hatred of fundamental Christianity is worth calling out, as it can be the case with any religion, otherwise we're overlooking a key component of what radicalizes these people. Let's remember that it's Christians who are behind the entire anti-LGBTQ legislation, they regularly preach against it, make laws to suppress it and overall seem to have a deep-seated hatred for those who don't conform to their rigid views of some mythical ghost from centuries past.

Top Bottom
1 2