Shooting in Portland

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
From the article I read this morning, the Facebook invite has 2500 attendees for this. So even if a portion, 600 is not out of the question. Mind you it was supposedly groups as well joining along.

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/08/30/portland-trump-cruise-rally-protest-rogue-river-pendleton/
AVO3A24Y6ZBOBNFJAECT22GOKU.jpg

⬆ THAT is NOT counter protesting! If you're not Portland police, you'd probably call that "clashing".

Thanks for the link. What gets me is that the person who died was not a protester - a blue lives matter / right winger. I wonder if friendly fire or if that means there are arms on both sides of the fence now? Media seems to point at only one side being armed.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
How about trying to get me to to see rather than just dismissing? That doesn't help me at all.

I do not believe that I have zero idea of why people are protesting to begin with. I have a paid subscription to Washington Post, NYT, The New Yorker --- even as a conservative. I believe I have a very clear idea why people are protesting.

Why people are rioting, killing, destroying the livelihoods of thousands? No, I don't understand that.

There are antagonists on both sides trying to stir things up. Almost all protesters want racial justice and want a peaceful protest. I am all for arresting people who do anything violent at these protests. Maybe that will eliminate the criminal elements and allow the vast majority of people to achieve change by non-violent methods.

The March on Washington was on Friday. Massive amounts of people, and it was peaceful. More of that please.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are antagonists on both sides trying to stir things up. Almost all protesters want racial justice and want a peaceful protest. I am all for arresting people who do anything violent at these protests. Maybe that will eliminate the criminal elements and allow the vast majority of people to achieve change by non-violent methods.

The March on Washington was on Friday. Massive amounts of people, and it was peaceful. More of that please.

Amen. Couldn't agree more. This is what I mean by allowing police to do their jobs. I also support peaceful protest 100%. More of that please indeed.

Too many people want to see the world burn.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. What gets me is that the person who died was not a protester - a blue lives matter / right winger. I wonder if friendly fire or if that means there are arms on both sides of the fence now? Media seems to point at only one side being armed.
From the article, there were a number of confrontations. This is inevitable as one side is heavily in favor of walking around proudly demonstrating arms, and the rash of vehicles being used to ram into protestors. Anyone remember this?
So now we have the other side that got laughed at ( tree huggers/social justice warriors ) escalating their game and bringing firearms.

Which also doesn't factor outside agitators that WANT this escalation & violence.

What we are seeing is the inevitable escalating circle. One side does this, the other side does that, one side does this to 'step up', the other side does the same, one side now does...

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
From the article, there were a number of confrontations. This is inevitable as one side is heavily in favor of walking around proudly demonstrating arms, and the rash of vehicles being used to ram into protestors. Anyone remember this?

So now we have the other side that got laughed escalating their game and bringing firearms.

What we are seeing is the inevitable escalating circle. One side does this, the other side does that, one side does this to 'step up', the other side does the same, one side now does...

Call me a leftist but I believe police should arrest anyone with a firearm/weapon at these protests - instantly and fine them to hell. There is no reason to bring a firearm to a peaceful protest. I'm very against anyone who brings a weapon to a protest. This is why I'm screaming loudly - let the police do their jobs. But I know that's only in a perfect world. :/ Never is that simple.

We've already seen it proven we can't trust these people not to kill.

Edit: I also know that some of those who bring firearms are doing so because they believe the police aren't doing their jobs - from what I've read. Fix the problem!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Call me a leftist but I believe police should arrest anyone with a firearm/weapon at these protests - instantly and fine them to hell. There is no reason to bring a firearm to a peaceful protest. I'm very against anyone who brings a weapon to a protest. This is why I'm screaming loudly - let the police do their jobs. But I know that's only in a perfect world. :/ Never is that simple.

You can't. Which is what one side thrives on. They've worked hard to get laws that say they can go to their favorite store strapped for little reason. Often times as we are seeing, the police themselves are good with that, despite the discomfort it brings to those that are NOT armed. The issue arises though when those not on the same page philosophically or politically decide to exercise their right to do the same.

The only time one should be walking around with a firearm ( in my mind ) is because you are authorized & you MAY ( JC I can't write that in big enough type ) have to use. If you don't meet either requirement, than you are bringing the firearm as a form of compensation, as it does nothing for whatever your message is, except make yourself imagine you're intimidating.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Edit: I also know that some of those who bring firearms are doing so because they believe the police aren't doing their jobs - from what I've read. Fix the problem!

They believe the police aren’t doing their jobs. They are entitled to their belief. They should write a letter to their congressman, mayor, council member, etc.

What is taking an AR-15 to a crowded protest going to achieve? Oh we don’t need to ask, because now we know.

We have the right to peaceably assemble. These groups showing up armed to the teeth aren’t very peaceful. Take them and the agitators throwing rocks and starting stuff on fire and lock them all up for a while.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
They believe the police aren’t doing their jobs. They are entitled to their belief. They should write a letter to their congressman, mayor, council member, etc.

What is taking an AR-15 to a crowded protest going to achieve? Oh we don’t need to ask, because now we know.

We have the right to peaceably assemble. These groups showing up armed to the teeth aren’t very peaceful. Take them and the agitators throwing rocks and starting stuff on fire and lock them all up for a while.

I'm going to sound like a broken record but .... let the damn police do their jobs and lock these people up. How much worse does this have to get before we do something about it?

Violence should have been taken care of day 1. Now it's continuing to get more and more out of hand - more and more lives have to be lost.

Protest - yes. But it needs to be peaceful. The instant anything is violent, it needs to be dealt with - quickly.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Gosh, if I didn’t know any better I’d say everyone in this thread was advocating for some kind of gun control.

It takes two to tango. I don't think blaming one side for this works. That's like blaming my wife for getting mad when I am an ass to her. (An example only).

Which is why we need to just allow protestors to protest and stop with the counter bullshit.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I'm going to sound like a broken record but .... let the damn police do their jobs and lock these people up. How much worse does this have to get before we do something about it?

Violence should have been taken care of day 1. Now it's continuing to get more and more out of hand - more and more lives have to be lost.

Protest - yes. But it needs to be peaceful. The instant anything is violent, it needs to be dealt with - quickly.

Nobody is stopping the police from doing their jobs. The thing is, when there is a big crowd, they are missing the agitators, and instead targeting the crowd as a whole. They are seeing “the protesters” as the problem. Why not figure out a way to identify the troublemakers and arrest them? Nobody would have a problem with that. Instead they attack the whole crowd at once, arrest random people when the masses scatter due to teargas and flash bangs, and then have to release them hours later.

They’re doing. It. Wrong. And then they get mad that nobody is “letting them” do their jobs. Cry me a river.

The police have fewer restrictions on them than soldiers in theater.... they just aren’t doing a good job.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Trump supporters are banding together, provoking those on the streets. Apparently, nothing makes them angrier than citizens taking a stand against police killing unarmed black people.

Can't we just keep it peaceful?

cnjwbiczx4k51.jpg
oh that is funny, HOW if looting & burning of PRIVATE businesses taking it out on police?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yesterday it was GOVERNMENT buildings that outraged you. Man you change your position more than Trump changes wives.
you need to read slowly what I type, at NO time have a I defended LOCAL GOVT offices. shit was fine with when the governor let the precinct burn. federal property? that falls under trumps jurisdiction and they will earn the stupid prize they are looking for by burning more than they are allowed.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
you need to read slowly what I type, at NO time have a I defended LOCAL GOVT offices. shit was fine with when the governor let the precinct burn. federal property? that falls under trumps jurisdiction and they will earn the stupid prize they are looking for by burning more than they are allowed.
First of all, If I read what you write too slowly all of your grammatical errors will drive me nuts. The rest is just your usually bullshit fluff and trolling, changing positions every other post to suit whatever right wing point you're trying to espouse at the moment.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
back on topic, shit is going to get worse, it appears this guy was basically shot w/o an actual confrontation based on videos circulating.
play stupid games/ win stupid prizes, shit is burning & there are felons out there with guns, playing batman got this guy killed.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score

After watching the video it seems that the victim was walking. A guy yells “we got a Trumpster here” and someone else walks in front of the shooter and basically executes the dude. Two shots at close range.
There is no sign or evidence that the victim was threatening in any way whatsoever.
obviously things might change.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just re watched. It was an execution.
“Here! We have a Trump supporter”
“Right here?”
Bang bang.
If that is the case, it is indeed upsetting. Would be nice if this sort of instant judgement and passion was afforded to unarmed black people shot by cops in plain view of the cameras instead of "let's all be calm wait for all the evidence".

Top Bottom
1 2