Should a legal gun owner (Breonna Taylor's boyfriend) be allowed to use that gun to protect his own home?

SuperMatt

Site Champ
I Voted
Reaction score
If that answer is yes, then why aren't guns rights advocates speaking up for Kenneth Walker, Breonna Taylor's boyfriend and legally registered gun owner with? Their silence is deafening.

How about Philando Castile, who simply told the officer he had a gun and died for it?

There was a story in May about a black NFL player for my favorite team, the Bills. His name is Ed Oliver. He was arrested for a DWI and they found a gun in his car and charged him with a crime for that too. At the time, I had negative feelings about him, thinking.. what an idiot.

However...... It turns out the cops made a few things up! He wasn't inebriated at all (he blew .00 on the breathalyzer) and all charges were dropped.

I guess it's only illegal to have a weapon if you have it while committing a crime. So if the cops think you have a gun, they can pull you over and charge you with something and then add a gun charge on it if you simply have one in your vehicle. Kind of a weird thing with the law - I think the law is there to make it a crime to have the weapon if you're using it to commit the crime... not just if it's in your car when you get pulled over. Pretty tricky!

Meanwhile, we have angry white mobs armed to the teeth illegally entering the Michigan courthouse, and they don't do diddly-squat.

SuperMatt

Site Champ
I Voted
Reaction score
If that answer is yes, then why aren't guns rights advocates speaking up for Kenneth Walker, Breonna Taylor's boyfriend and legally registered gun owner with? Their silence is deafening.

The police dropped all charges against him despite the fact that he shot a cop. That has to be a first. So then how do you square that with their claim that they announced themselves before breaking down the door? If they had, then they would never drop the charges against him. So we know that although the warrant was changed from a no-knock to an announce warrant, they just busted down the door without announcing.

Can Kentucky elect a new Attorney General that will actually hold these killer cops responsible? The current one seems to have no appetite for doing his job.

Huntn

Site Champ
Reaction score
The police dropped all charges against him despite the fact that he shot a cop. That has to be a first. So then how do you square that with their claim that they announced themselves before breaking down the door? If they had, then they would never drop the charges against him. So we know that although the warrant was changed from a no-knock to an announce warrant, they just busted down the door without announcing.

Can Kentucky elect a new Attorney General that will actually hold these killer cops responsible? The current one seems to have no appetite for doing his job.
And he’s a black guy, which illustrates you can be assimilated by the system.

Huntn

Site Champ
Reaction score

The real issue here is when a shot is fired is every resident in a home being raided then expendable? This police team answers “yes”. The city knows it’s fucked up, hence dropped charges, money to the family yet they ludicrously indite one cop for bullets flying into a neighbors apartment, but no inditements for a hail of bullets flying into Taylor’s apartment killing her. :mad:

Last edited:

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
And he’s a black guy, which illustrates you can be assimilated by the system.
The headline have been "black man files no charges" when instead it should be "black Trump supporter files no charges". Label him for what he is, ignorance and hatred knows no racial boundaries.

JayMysteri0

Site Champ
Reaction score
It keeps getting worse, I've also included where I got that there's a question of whether or not the boyfriend shot the officer. The reason that factoid is important, is that the officers were aware that a legal owner lived at the address BEFORE they entered. So if the ever changing "no knock" warrant was done, it was done knowing they were entering a home that a legal gun owner maybe present. So they knew there was a chance of return fire. Perhaps why the warrant mysteriously changed from a "no knock"?

Anyways...

This is the ONE witness that the AG & police hang on helping justify their case.
Spoiler if you don't want to listen to the 42 seconds...
Sgt Jason Vance said:
Did you ever hear anyone identify them as police?
Witness said:
No, nobody identify themself

This isn’t the only instance of the attorney general presenting a single narrative from conflicting evidence. As VICE News reported this week, the initial Kentucky State Police ballistics report could not conclude that the bullet that struck Sgt. Jon Mattingly in the leg came from the gun of Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker. The FBI later produced its own ballistics report, the findings of which have not been released. Yet at the press conference announcing charges, Attorney General Cameron stated as fact that Walker’s bullet hit Mattingly.

The summary of LMPD’s interactions with Sarpee also raises questions about the way in which those conversations were documented and presented as part of the department’s investigative file. At the end of the taped conversation on March 21, Sgt. Vance tells Sarpee they will call him the following day to conduct a formal interview, but no interaction is documented until April 1, when Sgt. Seelye writes in the file that she calls and texts him, but does not receive a response. Seelye later leaves a voicemail for Sarpee on May 14.

On May 15, Seeyle and Sarpee speak on the phone. During this conversation, Seeyle makes a reference to a previous conversation she says she had with Sarpee. But according to the investigative file reviewed by VICE News, there is no record of them speaking at any point prior to that phone conversation. Seelye proceeds to press Sarpee on two specific points: whether he knew they were police, and whether he heard the officers announce themselves.

During the May conversation, which spans almost 7 minutes, Sarpee shifts his account and says he heard police say “this is the cops,” corroborating the testimonies of the seven officers on scene.

“It’s been so long now,” Sarpee tells Seeyle on the call. “I recall some of it.”

Walker’s attorney, Steve Romines, who says he has reviewed the file and listened to Sarpee’s interviews, told VICE News he believes the shift makes Sarpee’s account unreliable.

“You cannot in good faith look at Sarpee’s interviews and try to rely on him to establish that police announced themselves,” Romines said. “He’s obviously confused over the course of his interviews.”
“It’s pretty clear to me that they’re [the police] trying to create the narrative that benefits them,” he added.

Vice is determined to keep on top of this. I sincerely hope this worries the AG.

Oh, when Vice tried to speak to the officer that got the witness saying they heard the police & ask about the seeming missing conversation...
When reached by VICE News, Sarpee declined to comment, saying he needed to speak to his lawyer first. Sarpee’s lawyer could not be reached for comment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom