Sickening Racism - This is Trump's America

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
They haven't bitched about the debt since Trump took office.

They switched right back to fiscal conservatives after they stabilized their rich buddies and then it was suggested the common citizen probably needs more money.

I have no doubt there are still MR posters praising the free market that doesn’t actually exist and hasn’t for a long time. Their best defense is “and I didn’t agree with the government doing that.“ which doesn’t change the fact that the government did and will continue to and they’ll continue to praise something that is a concept and not actually based on reality.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
They switched right back to fiscal conservatives after they stabilized their rich buddies and then it was suggested the common citizen probably needs more money.

I have no doubt there are still MR posters praising the free market that doesn’t actually exist and hasn’t for a long time. Their best defense is “and I didn’t agree with the government doing that.“ which doesn’t change the fact that the government did and will continue to and they’ll continue to praise something that is a concept and not actually based on reality.
Like trickle down?:D

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

Trickle down is the triple A grade top shelf bullshit platitude of the highest order.

Not far behind it is “lifting the world out of poverty” but that’s probably for its own topic. HINT: When you set the bar so low you still have to sweep ground dirt off it to see it, it’s not that hard to raise the standard above it.

lizkat

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I'm impressed that this guy is able to produce soundbites that can trigger me.

Yep, me too.... although a lot of it comes from the more focused mind of one Stephen Miller. It's meant to trigger "libruls" and certainly meant as red meat for the racists among his rally attendees. These guys are pulling out all the stops along the path to Trump's last hurrah.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Yep, me too.... although a lot of it comes from the more focused mind of one Stephen Miller. It's meant to trigger "libruls" and certainly meant as red meat for the racists among his rally attendees. These guys are pulling out all the stops along the path to Trump's last hurrah.
Hoping you're right, keeping up the fight to get out the vote, that's going to be key with all the discord Trump is sowing into this election.

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
What else do you expect from a bunch who wholeheartedly and unironically believe in the Laffer Curve?
This to me is when the Slow Moving Coup began...with Reagan. There's lots of other reasons, but the one you're referencing is the one where the Republicans changed from "We have disagree with liberals on how the economy works" to "We believe in fairy tales".

The fairy tales have been getting Grimmer ever since.

hulugu

Power User
Reaction score
I think we seriously wasted at least a year of inaction changing “global warming” to “climate change” because the dumbest people in the room kept saying “but it’s still snowing in places.”

Stalling by deflection should be a punishable crime with mandatory prison time.

In fairness, the term Anthropogenic Climate Change is term that's worthwhile in noting warming that's asymmetric, but I get your point. See also, the debate built around "the climate always changes" because people are too dumb to understand that rate is a problem. Your atoms flying away over a millennia is not necessarily troublesome, all of them doing it in a mili-second is very, very bad.

hulugu

Power User
Reaction score
This to me is when the Slow Moving Coup began...with Reagan. There's lots of other reasons, but the one you're referencing is the one where the Republicans changed from "We have disagree with liberals on how the economy works" to "We believe in fairy tales".

The fairy tales have been getting Grimmer ever since.

Nixon really pushed the idea that there was a "silent majority" of real Americans versus protestors, hippies, liberal intelligentsia. He was the moment when these guys got rolling—and not incidentally where guys like Roger Stone, Dick Cheney, etc. cut their teeth. And, because he was 86'd from office, they've been sharpening their knives ever since.

thekev

Site Champ
Reaction score
They haven't bitched about the debt since Trump took office.

They will again. As soon as you have an elected democrat, the speculation will begin. It'll turn to bitching about debt after the first 90 days or so.

What else do you expect from a bunch who wholeheartedly and unironically believe in the Laffer Curve?

I could forgive that to a degree, ignoring that a model with one free variable is unlikely to provide a reasonable depiction of tax revenue projections. A lot of people do post garbage analyses of statistics, and it often appears to be unintentional. I would question though why they ignore the structure of their own model. If the Laffer Curve provided a reasonable model, that wouldn't mean that lower rates are always better. It would indicate that extremely high rates stifle tax revenue. They never present a basis for why they think current rates are on the far right end of the "curve".

If they wanted to argue something, they would probably want to check gdp against annual tax rates and the ratio of tax receipts to gdp. This stuff is weird though, because it's influenced by other factors, including global conditions.

I'm disappointed that none of them are driving a replica of the General Lee. That would have at least been funny.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
More demonstrations that with 45, racism becomes more & more infested
WASHINGTON — Federal law enforcement officials were directed to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to internal Department of Homeland Security talking points obtained by NBC News.

In preparing Homeland Security officials for questions about Rittenhouse from the media, the document suggests that they note that he "took his rifle to the scene of the rioting to help defend small business owners."

Another set of talking points distributed to Homeland Security officials said the media were incorrectly labeling the group Patriot Prayer as racists after clashes erupted between the group and protesters in Portland, Oregon.

It is unclear whether any of the talking points originated at the White House or within Homeland Security's own press office.

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
They will again. As soon as you have an elected democrat, the speculation will begin. It'll turn to bitching about debt after the first 90 days or so.
They’ll never wait that long.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
if you look at the way the woman in this Lt. Gov 's wife case spits out the n-word, you can see clearly that a difference in color represents a desperate attempt to try to make a distinction between herself and the Lt Gov's wife.
its her way of trying to be better than someone else based on a supposed color difference.

while reading about the above incident in the twitter account of the wife of the Lt. Gov of PA who was called the n-word, i came across a quote by James Baldwin that someone had posted.

this quote is true for any of us who harbour hate. not necessarily racial hatred, but hate in general.
this is why i think Baldwin pluralises the word hate.
hate has been with us humans forever. i think its primarily a primordial fear. maybe even some kind of instinctual preservation strategy.

dealing with our hates forces us to face who we are, as painful as that is.

only to the extent that america feels a collective societal pain will the quality of black lives be improved.
only to the extent that america feels a collective societal pain will the quality of women's lives be improved.

trump, the proud boys, the kkk, richard spencer, have always been there. under the surface. hiding and waiting for their chance to take pot shots at their prey.
trump and the r party just provide more cover for these creatures to come out of their holes and listen for secret mating calls of their kin.

EkIPQdzXYAAMkgw.jpeg

Last edited:

Huntn

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
2021- In the Post Despicable Donny era, GOP heads remain firmly stuck up their own asses, gasping for air. And apparently, Mr Pence has no clue about what systemic racism is. Or I suppose this is how you need to disingenuously talk to appeal to white GOP racists... or maybe he thinks that raising awareness of our historical racism and highlighting current racist nature of the GOP is a terrible thing to do because it makes some of us feel ashamed.

At the same time not a word about Despicable Donny nor acknowledgement of the GOP’s efforts to destroy Democracy in the US. Oh no that’s not racism, we are just disenfranchising those who vote against us. Racism has nothing to do with it... 👀

A3C55701-77F7-4775-9C91-FC82DC4B304F.jpeg]
I’m Strong Pence​

In a speech to a New Hampshire G.O.P. group, Pence calls systemic racism a ‘left-wing myth.’​

After focusing much of his speech on touting the achievements of the Trump administration, Mr. Pence took aim at “critical race theory,” a graduate school framework that has found its way into K-12 public education, asserting that young children are being taught “to be ashamed of their skin color.”

In a nutshell: Our poor white kids are made to feel bad about what their racist parents have done, are doing!! 😭

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Apparently Mr Pence has no clue about what systemic racism is. Or I suppose this is how you need to disingenuously talk to appeal to white GOP racists... or maybe he thinks that raising awareness of our historical racism and highlighting current racist nature of the GOP is a terrible thing to do because it makes some of us feel ashamed.

At the same time not a word about Despicable Donny nor acknowledgement of the GOP’s efforts to destroy Democracy in the US. Oh no that’s not racism, we are just disenfranchising those who vote against us. Racism has nothing to do with it... 👀

A3C55701-77F7-4775-9C91-FC82DC4B304F.jpeg]
I’m Strong Pence​

In a speech to a New Hampshire G.O.P. group, Pence calls systemic racism a ‘left-wing myth.’​

After focusing much of his speech on touting the achievements of the Trump administration, Mr. Pence took aim at “critical race theory,” a graduate school framework that has found its way into K-12 public education, asserting that young children are being taught “to be ashamed of their skin color.”
This seems to be the prevailing opinion among right-wing message boards. And since I seldom see an original idea there, I assume it’s coming from Tucker Carlson or Ben Shapiro or some other fountain of bullsh*t on the right.

Huntn

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
This seems to be the prevailing opinion among right-wing message boards. And since I seldom see an original idea there, I assume it’s coming from Tucker Carlson or Ben Shapiro or some other fountain of bullsh*t on the right.
There is some real psychological shit pouring out of Right Wing mouths to keep their collared dummies feeling good about themselves. I’m hoping this equates to the band on the deck of the Titanic playing louder.

Top Bottom