Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks, always good to see what's available out there. My main issue is that there's always inherent risk in "shared" hosting because you only have visibility into your virtual server, while the host could be getting crunched. The only real way to avoid that is a dedicated server and we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah this hosting on godaddy isn't going to work, there's no point in making the investment in this board and all the time I've put in just to have it time out several times a day. Looking into alternatives and will keep you guys updated.

lizkat

Leftie in the Sticks
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Was there some sort of issue earlier today? For awhile I was getting 404 errors except for the homepage... not to say it might not have been on my end of some of Frontier's possibly still copper-wire outreaches to the internet, along which lines one can probably hear cows mooing now and then.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Was there some sort of issue earlier today? For awhile I was getting 404 errors except for the homepage... not to say it might not have been on my end of some of Frontier's possibly still copper-wire outreaches to the internet, along which lines one can probably hear cows mooing now and then.
Yes, it was an attempt at what was supposed to be an easy change that failed miserably. Sorry everyone. I am still having access issues myself but it looks like we're back for the most part although we likely lost a few posts this morning.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Yes, it was an attempt at what was supposed to be an easy change that failed miserably. Sorry everyone. I am still having access issues myself but it looks like we're back for the most part although we likely lost a few posts this morning.

Yes, I had noticed that it was down for a while - several hours at least - earlier today - and I, too, kept receiving Error 404 messages.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
@ericgtr12: How does the 'time' (clock) work? Rather, how can I set it so that it reads (or reflects) the tiem of where I am?

Since yesterday's crash, times on the site (on my screen) read as though they are based on one of the time zones in the US, whereas until yesterday's crash my screen read my own time zone i.e. GMT +1.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
@ericgtr12: How does the 'time' (clock) work? Rather, how can I set it so that it reads (or reflects) the tiem of where I am?

Since yesterday's crash, times on the site (on my screen) read as though they are based on one of the time zones in the US, whereas until yesterday's crash my screen read my own time zone i.e. GMT +1.
Interesting, not sure why that would've changed for you but if you click on your avatar (top right of the page next to your name) and go to Preferences, you should see your time zone and have the option to change it.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Interesting, not sure why that would've changed for you but if you click on your avatar (top right of the page next to your name) and go to Preferences, you should see your time zone and have the option to change it.

Cool, very good to know, and thanks; this morning, when I was reading a US time on posts was, it was a bit disconcerting.

Actually, when I refreshed the page - shortly after sending you that note earlier - the time automatically corrected itself.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
...aaaaaand we’re back. 😁

I know hosts have server hiccups and there’s occasional site maintenance, but I still panic a bit when I see the site down. I’m not going back to The Other Place!
Were we down? I hadn't noticed.

DT

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oops ...

1612469615895.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I didn't notice the site being down, but when it does go down I prefer to be notified via a message after the fact containing 25 free gems and a booster pack rewarding me for my patience during the outage.

Top Bottom