~~Snakes~~

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I was unloading the Jeep from a grocery run just now, saw a black snake-like something in one of the palms, and it turn out to be a black snake :D (commonly referred to as a Black Racer or Racer, non-venomous, in fact very helpful)

Just enjoying some sun, let me get pretty close for a photo. They're super quick, but if you can catch one, they're pretty friendly :)

IMG_1076_1920.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was unloading the Jeep from a grocery run just now, saw a black snake-like something in one of the palms, and it turn out to be a black snake :D (commonly referred to as a Black Racer or Racer, non-venomous, in fact very helpful)

Just enjoying some sun, let me get pretty close for a photo. They're super quick, but if you can catch one, they're pretty friendly :)

View attachment 12999
Damn dude, that is a GREAT capture... did you take it on your iPhone? You're going to give @Chew Toy McCoy a run for his money. :ROFLMAO:

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
i have to say, snakes i do not actively seek out to shoot, although i do see them sometimes in the park i walk through daily. i know a couple of their hiding spots.

if i am anywhere but the park, i would probably (and have actually) run screaming the opposite direction. i recognize their value. but no thank you

fantastic photo though. 🥳

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Its still chilling out there, now it's coiled up in the center (there's kind of that center, flat area in a sago).

Hahaha, Daughter was like "It's so cute, can we bring it inside ...", then we got into a conversation about, I guess you'd call it more "fringe" type pets, and I said, "Oh, I know a guy ..." (@Chew Toy McCoy :D)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Racers are pretty common around here, also Corn Snakes which are amazing animals, the occasional "glass snake" which is actually a lizard.

Of course, people post on NextDoor "What kind of snake", and I see replies of Water Moccasins, Copperheads ... no wonder they get killed all the time. There are a very few rattlers around here, usually a Pygmy, they just don't really come up out of the scrub in the more undeveloped areas, but people in new developments that back up to those can get them hiding out under sheds, or in wood piles (they're mostly a danger to small pets).

Top Bottom
1 2