So what makes me a racist/white supremacist?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Ok, not sure what I am setting myself up for here, but I'm going to do it anyway.

So what have I said, posted, done that makes some of you think I am a racist or white supremacist?

I will take the White Supremacist part first. In my mind, a WS is simply someone who thinks whites are better than other races. It's really not any more complicated than that. By that definition, I do not believe I am.

Now the racist side is a bit more complicated because although I don't see myself as a WS, I do have certain opinions that could be interpreted as racist. For example, I think a black girl sitting on her uncles lap when a stray bullet comes through the window and kills her is a bigger tragedy than a thug with a rap sheet being shot by a white cop. Notice I didn't say the person getting shot by a cop wasn't a tragedy, just not as big of one as the little girl. In my mind.

So have at. But try and keep it constructive because if there are things I say or post that I might not be aware of, perhaps I can learn.

One note: Saying I am racist because I supported Trump is not a valid reason for the purposes of this thread.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Ok, not sure what I am setting myself up for here, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Nah. You gotta figure this one out on your own, pumpkin. Deep, continuous soul searching and all that. Seek the pyramid.

You want B-1 called, but I’m not playing.

1626396672014.png

1626396741138.png
“Is that there a hierarchy of bias? By golly jeepers, I do reckon it is!”

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s not the beliefs, it’s the actions. Or in this case, the support for actions that are blatantly racist. If you’re not vocally against them (for instance the voter suppression laws in certain southern states, then you are exhibiting support for racism. Support for racists is worse cause it suggests you know better.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

So what have I said, posted, done that makes some of you think I am a racist or white supremacist?

I will take the White Supremacist part first. In my mind, a WS is simply someone who thinks whites are better than other races. It's really not any more complicated than that. By that definition, I do not believe I am.

Now the racist side is a bit more complicated because although I don't see myself as a WS, I do have certain opinions that could be interpreted as racist. For example, I think a black girl sitting on her uncles lap when a stray bullet comes through the window and kills her is a bigger tragedy than a thug with a rap sheet being shot by a white cop. Notice I didn't say the person getting shot by a cop wasn't a tragedy, just not as big of one as the little girl. In my mind.

So have at. But try and keep it constructive because if there are things I say or post that I might not be aware of, perhaps I can learn.

One note: Saying I am racist because I supported Trump is not a valid reason for the purposes of this thread.
Just a few questions:
  • First of all, do you only apply the word "thug" to a black person?
  • Was the "thug" with a rap sheet pulled over for not using a blinker or walking down the street in a hoodie, in so justifying his murder, even when unarmed?
  • Were you more outraged that a black person looted a Target than you were the murder of George Floyd?
The little girl who died of gang/driveby violence doesn't pull at your heartstrings, she's simply being used to make a political point here, lest you can show us where you've empathized about the plight of poor and underserved minorities. A WS? Maybe not, but certainly racist to a degree.

mac_in_tosh

Power User
Reaction score
It's one thing for someone to be conservative, support limited government, lower taxes, etc. But if someone supported Trump, that to me is a line crossed in the sand. If you can't understand that Trump is a compulsive liar, lazy and ignorant, a narcissist, a con artist, a mean and vindictive person who has set the country into a crisis with his big lie about how he really won the election by a landslide, who lied about the pandemic and started a culture war against wearing masks that resulted in much unnecessary suffering and who actively encouraged and enjoyed watching an actual assault on our government, then sorry, but to me you are beyond being reasoned with.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
The other day I kind of realized there’s some poetic justice to the white guilt/supremacy spotlight being flung around. It’s now white people who have to prove they are “one of the good ones”. As much as that sucks, it’s 100 times more manageable than what minorities have had to experience for the majority of this country’s history and what they continue to experience. For the most part white people can still freely roam the streets without fear of being judged or having a confrontation unless they bring it on themselves. I don’t think I can say the same for minorities, even for “the good ones”.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Just a few questions:
  • First of all, do you only apply the word "thug" to a black person?
  • Was the "thug" with a rap sheet pulled over for not using a blinker or walking down the street in a hoodie, in so justifying his murder, even when unarmed?
  • Were you more outraged that a black person looted a Target than you were the murder of George Floyd?
The little girl who died of gang/driveby violence doesn't pull at your heartstrings, she's simply being used to make a political point here, lest you can show us where you've empathized about the plight of poor and underserved minorities. A WS? Maybe not, but certainly racist to a degree.

No. There were very few Black people where I grew up. Thug was used to describe anyone who basically had a record and was still doing things to keep adding to said record.

I don't think it matters. The current narrative seems to be that any time a white cop shoots a black male, it is not justified. No matter the circumstances.

No. Floyd should not have died the way he did. That was wrong.

As the father of someone who was once a little girl and who coached little girls soccer and softball, it absolutely bothers me that a little girl was killed. It should bother everyone.

No, sorry. That's not how this forum, or the real world, works. You must be thinking of some other magical place full of unicorns and make believe.

The reason I put that in the post was because Trump got (depending on the source and analytics) somewhere between 8-12% of the Black vote and increased his share by 2-4%. Are all these Blacks racist?
It's one thing for someone to be conservative, support limited government, lower taxes, etc. But if someone supported Trump, that to me is a line crossed in the sand. If you can't understand that Trump is a compulsive liar, lazy and ignorant, a narcissist, a con artist, a mean and vindictive person who has set the country into a crisis with his big lie about how he really won the election by a landslide, who lied about the pandemic and started a culture war against wearing masks that resulted in much unnecessary suffering and who actively encouraged and enjoyed watching an actual assault on our government, then sorry, but to me you are beyond being reasoned with.

See my answer above.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Vaccinated
Reaction score
They might be. Do you not believe that non-whites can be racist? White Christians do not have the market on racism.

Sure they can be. But not against their own race, at least not in those numbers.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It is indisputable that outcomes for black people in America are worse than for white people overall.

What will one do or say going forward that makes life better for black people? I think that’s a lot more important than whether the motley crew here thinks one is a <insert label here>.

Outcomes matter. As for feelings, may I suggest:

1626456068137.jpeg

lizkat

Deep deep blue
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Y’all have fun with him.
Yeah because lost me at the last line of the original post.

Buried the lede and pitched a smorgasbord of sidebar discussions, Fortunately off-topic in TA is a sometime thing. But, I'll pass.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I think someone is starting to show how little they know of other people.

Someone needs to talk to some Africans, Brazilians, Cubans, and a few Asian cultures.

Yeah, a whole lotta colourism going on in the Caribbean, whole lotta anti-Black racism toward Black Dominicans, Cubans, and so on.

Top Bottom