Socializing health care doesn’t turn us into Stalin-era Soviets.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

I'm really not sure how that snags people. Even if we assume the presenter is being truthful in his claims, it does not give you statistics regarding people who have applied similar strategies. It also doesn't control for when they start. If he started in a depressed real estate market, this would have a notable impact. It doesn't even determine whether the strategy could continue to work with more people using it. Some things depend on market imbalances, which can change due to behavioral shifts on the part of buyers and sellers. Then, even after all of that, you still have to know about the quality of knowledge transfer.

I would say there's no way to unwind all of that. To really see anything there, I would want to see statistics for a recent cohort that resembles a reasonable cross section of the general population with some acknowledgement of market conditions over the observed duration. Anything less than that is disinformation.

U

User.45

On top of that it also seems to be a major source of advertising revenue. I don’t know what could possibly fill that void if it was stopped.
I'm glad I'm in a field they don't advertise drugs for on TV...

One thing I am always shocked about when in the US is to see the direct to consumers pharma ads on the tv. That really needs to be stopped
What I love about pharma commercials is that they have do tend to (I think have to) mention side effects. I found it a great way to remember drug side-effects.

Top Bottom
1 2