Something a little different (for me)

Goport

Power User
Reaction score
An old friend of mine and I decided to record some songs from our old band that split up 30 years ago. This is the first song.

We have a few more on the go but I have been having a few health issues that have been slowing us down.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
An old friend of mine and I decided to record some songs from our old band that split up 30 years ago. This is the first song.

Catchy punk(ish) throwback, smacks of The Ramones a little bit.

We have a few more on the go but I have been having a few health issues that have been slowing us down.
Okay but when you're done with that I might ask you to do some collaboration again, we'll take our time. :mrgreen:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Nice. I got sort of a Guided by Voices vibe.

(Though if it was GBV the track would only be 42 seconds ...)

KCAR

Kaysee Ayar
Reaction score
Are you doing all guitars in this? Bass, maybe? This is very 80s Brit Punky. That guitar solo (and the outro solo) is cracking! Love the harmonies. šŸ¤˜

Goport

Power User
Reaction score
Are you doing all guitars in this? Bass, maybe? This is very 80s Brit Punky. That guitar solo (and the outro solo) is cracking! Love the harmonies. šŸ¤˜
Yep all guitars and bass (Dave, our bassist, sadly passed away 8 years ago). Tony on vocals. Hopefully Chris on real drums soon (we have a provisional studio day for laying down the drums for a few songs.

Thanks for the compliments KC. :)

stingx

The Great Gazoo
Reaction score
Main Camera
Nikon
What I like about your vocals, Lawrence, is you sing in the same fashion like Ray Davies. I don't know the official word for it but you sound authentic because unlike others you retain your accent in your vocals. I find this makes the performance better, regardless of which accent an artist has (except Cyrillic languages). It's a style and in addition the way you tend to record and your use of post evokes 80s elements. Good on you for 90% of the instrument work too! Really good stuff.

Top Bottom
1 2