South Dakota AG kills a man

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This story definitely doesn't add up. If you thought you hit a deer, why would you go look for it the next day? And why was the family prevented from seeing the body for almost 24 hours?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This story definitely doesn't add up. If you thought you hit a deer, why would you go look for it the next day?

First thing that comes to mind is that he was drunk when he struck the victim, no way to confirm that the day after.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It’s well known that ANTIFA operatives hide on the side of the road waiting to push pedestrians into the path of a car driven by a Republican government official. That’s the only viable explanation here.
Goddamned ANTIFA are everywhere! Looking forward to hearing this credible story on Hannity tonight.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
This story definitely doesn't add up. If you thought you hit a deer, why would you go look for it the next day? And why was the family prevented from seeing the body for almost 24 hours?

And he's known to have speeding issues in the past. No doubt he'll get away with murder.

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
These cars are killing too many people! Who needs a car that big and goes that fast??? I say they need to be more heavy regulated! You can walk into a dealer and drive away in less than an hour with a vehicle that will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds without as much as a background check! Come on! Who needs that? Really, someone tell me who needs to accelerate that fast on public roads.

U

User.45

These cars are killing too many people! Who needs a car that big and goes that fast??? I say they need to be more heavy regulated! You can walk into a dealer and drive away in less than an hour with a vehicle that will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds without as much as a background check! Come on! Who needs that? Really, someone tell me who needs to accelerate that fast on public roads.
You've accidentally made a good point: Driving is a privilege.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
If he thought that this was mere roadkill, Rudolf would have been hauled home - or, arrangements would have been made to haul Rudolf home - to be turned into steaks for dinner, or kept in the freezer.

The fact that this didn't take place, is rather telling.

However, I await with fasciation to read reports which will confirm - or, simply serve to inform us of - the ethnicity, and social class, of the deceased.

I rather suspect that there may be a greater degree of loudly expressed outrage if the unfortunate deceased is a white, middle class, male, rather than someone who hailed from a less advantageous social class, or, worse still, happens also to have been a person of colour.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

If cars and guns had the same restrictions on their usage, I think that would be great, but I fear the NRA would oppose:

1. Pass a written and shooting test to get a license.
2. Register all guns, with the same fees as for cars.
3. Personal property tax like cars.
4. Regular inspections
5. Insurance

U

User.45

If cars and guns had the same restrictions on their usage, I think that would be great, but I fear the NRA would oppose:

1. Pass a written and shooting test to get a license.
2. Register all guns, with the same fees as for cars.
3. Personal property tax like cars.
4. Regular inspections
5. Insurance
Yup. Cant wait to read @Lostngone's counter argument. Hope it's more than 2FA MOFO!!! this time.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Yup. Cant wait to read @Lostngone's counter argument. Hope it's more than 2FA MOFO!!! this time.

Let's keep this thread about the driving habits of the South Dakota AG, and the consequences of same, although the idea of registering guns is a sane one.

Instead, I wonder whether it is possible to start a, shall we say, sane, discussion on the revered 2nd amendment elsewhere.

Off to start a thread...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind is that he was drunk when he struck the victim, no way to confirm that the day after.

That's how the voters in my county decided to get a new sheriff back in the day... the one we had before the new one was driving home from an off-duty night on the town in the next county up, and while navigating one of the tricky "go-around-an-1800s-woodshed-that's-not-there-any-more" bends in a county road, managed to depart the pavement and strike a mobile home with enough force to knock it partially off its foundation.

That house-strike was allegedly the result of a sudden maneuver to avoid striking a deer, per the report filed THE NEXT DAY by the ever helpful sheriff's deputy, who took his sweet time getting to the scene of the crash to give the sheriff a ride home, arrange for tow of his truck and then eventually filing the paperwork.

But, the ever resourceful local newspapers of the era noted that there were no skidmarks and not one hair nor bloodspot of a deer having departed the planet from that location either. "Believe me, I'd have put that deer on my table if there'd been one" was the comment of a pal of one of my brothers who lived not far from there.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Now, I have the ill manners to wonder (of course, we need to know a bit more about the ethnicity and social class of the deceased, as I imagine that this will have a material effect on the outcome for the career of SD Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg, and whether charges are eventually preferred), whether anything will actually happen as a result.

After all, as is well known and is often the case with women who - when out at night - have clearly asked for sexual assault, we know that people of colour - or the poor - invite violent death at the hands of more powerful white men by the mere fact of their existence, wandering country roads at night, in the dark.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
There's more info now about the victim, who was hit by the AG's vehicle as he was walking back to his own earlier disabled truck, having gone home and called a relative for assistance with it, then starting to walk back to where his vehicle was. But much about the circumstances of the AG's contacts with police and subsequent events has so far been withheld from the public.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
There's more info now about the victim, who was hit by the AG's vehicle as he was walking back to his own earlier disabled truck, having gone home and called a relative for assistance with it, then starting to walk back to where his vehicle was. But much about the circumstances of the AG's contacts with police and subsequent events has so far been withheld from the public.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Actually, and depressingly, a lot less curious than it ought to be.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Make sure to read the Rapid City Journal, which began reporting on this story on Monday, including that the AG and local sheriff "searched a crash scene after he thought he hit a deer Saturday night but they both missed spotting the pedestrian he had hit and killed."

"The victim was later identified as Joe Boever, a 55-year-old from Highmore. Boever's relatives say he was walking back to the car he crashed in the ditch earlier in the day."

This whole story is nuts

Top Bottom
1 2