South Dakota AG kills a man

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Worse than nuts.

How do you miss a human being?

Especially one whom you suspect you may have (yes inadvertently) killed the night before?

Is it ill-mannered or inconsiderate of me to wonder whether evidence (of a possible accident scene, and/or crime scene) may have been tampered with, or otherwise overlooked, during this - ah - search?

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Make sure to read the Rapid City Journal, which began reporting on this story on Monday, including that the AG and local sheriff "searched a crash scene after he thought he hit a deer Saturday night but they both missed spotting the pedestrian he had hit and killed."

"The victim was later identified as Joe Boever, a 55-year-old from Highmore. Boever's relatives say he was walking back to the car he crashed in the ditch earlier in the day."

This whole story is nuts

To be fair the guy he hit was probably a Trump supporter because the state is full of them and when you hit one of them It's more on par with a deflating whoopee cushion from all the internal empty space and hot air escaping, sometimes even whizzing into the air. Hardly noticeable from inside a vehicle. So if the AG did notice it's reasonable to think he hit something more substantial like a deer.

I love this forum! 🤗

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This whole story is nuts

Yeah. And I never heard of going back THE NEXT DAY to look up a deer ya think ya hit the night before, much less bringing a sheriff with ya. An insurance agent, maybe.

But nah. Either you see it's dead and your car's ok, or you see it running away laughing because your radiator is toast but the deer just has a sore hip... or it caroms off your car with a broken neck and you figure you're lucky it hit the quarter-post and your car's drivable so you head on down the road to someone who has a truck you can bring the thing home in and butcher it.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yeah. And I never heard of going back THE NEXT DAY to look up a deer ya think ya hit the night before, much less bringing a sheriff with ya. An insurance agent, maybe.

But nah. Either you see it's dead and your car's ok, or you see it running away laughing because your radiator is toast but the deer just has a sore hip... or it caroms off your car with a broken neck and you figure you're lucky it hit the quarter-post and your car's drivable so you head on down the road to someone who has a truck you can bring the thing home in and butcher it.

Yeah, I just barely nudged a mule deer who decided to go tear-assing across the road in front of me, and I pulled over, checked the car and looked for the deer, and he came of the brush and fucking charged me.

Hell, I once had an owl blunder into my windshield at 4 a.m. in the depths of Mexico—leaving a decidedly owl-shaped dust shadow— and I still looked for it to make sure he wasn't on the road.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
He didn’t just drive off either. His car was so damaged that he needed a ride home. During all that time, *nobody* saw the body? Yeah right.

Again, Trump supporter bodies are like a deflated whoopee cushion that sometimes shoot into the air upon deflation. This is all an innocent mistake that at worse should, and will be, punished with 4 weekends of community service, most likely roadside cleanup of more Trump supporter carcasses. Some hit by Republican government officials and others Covid-19 victims that don't want to hurt his reelection.

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
If cars and guns had the same restrictions on their usage, I think that would be great, but I fear the NRA would oppose:

1. Pass a written and shooting test to get a license.
2. Register all guns, with the same fees as for cars.
3. Personal property tax like cars.
4. Regular inspections
5. Insurance

Hey I didn’t bring up firearms/shooting... Why are you trying to derail this thread????

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
Not the best analogy you could use, because they do have street legal standards for cars.

Again what possible purpose does anybody have a need to go from 0 to 60 in under three seconds or have a registered vehicle that can travel more than twice the legal speed limit? With new cars the technology is there to limit top speed and acceleration at a little or no cost. Think of the amount of lives it would save!

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I'll always remember Lostngone as being a pretty good guy, if not a little high strung. I'll pour out a 40 in honor of his passing.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Hey I didn’t bring up firearms/shooting... Why are you trying to derail this thread????

We started another thread to discuss this specifically. Are you claiming you weren’t alluding to gun regulations in the post I replied to?

U

User.45

MOFO!?! Excuse me a**hat? If you want to start name calling why don’t stick it up your a55!

I am done with this forum.

FYI, I didn't call you a MOFO. It was meant to poke a little fun of your expected dismissive, passive aggressive, single line rant that boils down to never question your rights without any meaningful discussion around it. I guess you delivered.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I am done with this forum.

... or not ...

1601310341342.png

Top Bottom
1 2