South Park discussion thread

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since the topic was starting to derail another topic, I thought we'd just continue it here.

I don't want to take you guys too far off course here but I have to say the PC principal is my least favorite character, mostly because he's just so obnoxious without ever being funny I think.

I think PC Principal is funniest when he is trying to figure out what the current PC response should be in an ever-changing PC world or is sometimes presented with a scenario with multiple social issues that a PC response would be appropriate for one issue but not the other(s) and this causes him great stress.

A perfect example of this is the episode where they had pro wrestler Randy Macho Man Savage identify as the female Heather Swenson competing in the female Olympics which PC Principle's wife, Strong Woman, was also competing in. Of course Swenson/Savage was crushing it and beating his wife. That's a brilliant dilemma of where do you draw the line with being completely accepting and PC.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Great idea starting a new topic here, SP is one of my all time favorite shows! I definitely see the need for him, I think Matt and Trey saw this coming before cancel culture was the new in thing too, they've always been visionaries that way. I'll tell you though, looking back at the first few seasons when they were still cutting the characters out of colored papers were some of the funniest episodes ever. I've mostly evolved with it over the years but it was so raw and uncut in those days.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think in the early years they were less focused on current times. Not all episodes are great, but more are than aren't. It's insane how quickly they'll tackle a current event. Their new episode release schedule seems to be all over the map. I'm thinking that's because if they just aren't inspired at the moment they aren't going to just release garbage and Comedy Central allows them that freedom.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Top Bottom
1 2