Southern border crisis

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
There’s no shame in admitting there is a crisis or that things need to be reevaluated and adjusted. I feel Biden and Democrat politicians are treating this the same way Trump treated the pandemic, but unlike the pandemic it’s a lot easier to get visual proof than molecules floating through the air.

Whatever your feelings are about immigration or how its being handled, nothing scares the shit out of the right more than the thought of unauthorized impure dark skinned blood flooding across the border and into our towns and cities. Democrats could lose their razor thin majority just based on this one issue alone and at this early stage I don’t think they’re handling it well or giving any indication they have a solid plan to improve things beyond expanding the number of locations to house/cage more people. Is that the plan? Increase the number of facilities as the number of immigrants increases. That isn’t going to go over well for a lot of voters.

Well said. Seems that finally the WaPo agrees with you.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
The only further thought I have on it is imagine if we spent all the resources on our southern neighbors that we flushed down the toilet in the Middle East. We’d all be in a lot better situation right now.
Actually, we have put a lot of effort into Central America. Just, what we have done for them is to make their countries such a mess that they want to come here to escape the damage we have done. A good (American) friend of mine, for example, was murdered in Nicaragua by Ronnie's illegally-funded Contras.

And Joe the President has said as much: that we need to be helping make those countries better so that they are not pumping out refugees. Lamentably, though he has put forth a concrete proposal, the Rs will do their level best to see that nothing comes of it. In the end, it just becomes some words that somebody said, no more effective at dealing with the issue than anything Individual-ONE ever did.

Top Bottom
1 2