Spiders

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Started this as kind of a depository for my interest in pet spiders. Currently I just keep jumping spiders. Not really big into tarantulas, although some dwarf species have caught my interest. Would love to have something like an orb weaver or garden spider that have amazing coloring and tend to hang out at the center of a large web.

Just found out about these.

šŸ˜³

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We get orb weavers here. They are beautiful.

I'd love to get a golden orb weaver. I thought about making a custom encloser. Get a larger poster size shadow box and replace the solid back with glass, or plexiglass. That way you would get light and a view through both the front and back and it would be more of a room centerpiece than something you would put against a wall.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
331BEBD3-FE22-4AB1-AB11-DC1A6D22A8AA.jpeg

First time taking Peanut out of her enclosure. For anybody who have seen any of my other jumping spider posts, I name all my female jumping spiders Peanut. So this is a new Peanut.

She was a little jumpy (ha!) but they can be tamed and more relaxed over time. So I should be able to get better photos and videos when Iā€™m not also trying to keep track of her movements.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I'd love to get a golden orb weaver.
I hear their bite is nasty, but they make beautiful tapestries.

(I think I may have already posted this here, but it is just too awesome to be practicing restraint.)

We keep out spiders on the back porch and the garden and behind the garage. Sadly, this year they seem to be absent, probably because our flying meat is way down.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member