Stealing The Election 101

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
If you want to get the absolute shit scared out of you, forgo "The Conjuring 3" and click below for last night's (6-11-21) Rachel Maddow Show. She devoted her first ten minutes to stories of places around the country--and it sounds like there's quite a few of them--where decent, honest election officials are being hounded out of office.

Stories of city council meetings being ambushed with astroturfed phone calls lasting hours, demanding the resignation of someone who oversaw a perfectly legitimate election. (It worked, too. He resigned.) Stories of poll officials and their families threatened with death. Stories of plain old poll workers delivering ballots at night and being threateningly pursued by SUVs. Oh, it's ugly.

It sounds like a lot of these people don't want to come back to their jobs, and Maddow rightly points out the number of Trump types who are just waiting in the wings to fill their spots. I mean, that's the whole idea.

Merrick Garland has promised to vigorously pursue cases of voter suppression, and he's planning to add to the personnel in that division of DOJ, but it sounds like they still might be woefully understaffed to deal with what might happen in November of 2022. If some of these bastards get in office, how are we supposed to trust that they'll count the votes fairly and legally?

The slow moving coup is positioning itself for the kill shot.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I do agree with tort claim caps, but anybody who knows the cost of care for a paraplegic person knows that $250K doesn't cut it long term.

Cost of long term care has to be paid in some manner. They could try to fund part of it through the state, via property tax laws or by forcing homeowner's insurance companies to pay into a public fund or whatever else, but $250k sounds like absolutely nothing for decades of resulting health issues. He's also able to work as governor, but he wouldn't be able to work in a lot of physically demanding fields.

If California elected a disabled governor, we would almost certainly have some number of right wing trolls complaining about the taxpayer burden of the cost of wheelchair ramps and other accessibility measures.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
We now have more details about Trump’s attempts to get the DoJ to overturn the election.

For those blocked by WP's paywall, CNN has a similar story.

The upshot is Jeffrey Rosen and DOJ official Richard Donoghue got a memo from Trump's staff with yet another claim of election fraud, this time in Michigan.

The emails also provide new detail into how Mark Meadows, then-White House chief of staff, directed Rosen to have then-Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Clark -- who reportedly urged Trump to make him acting attorney general instead of Rosen -- investigate voter fraud issues in Georgia before the US attorney there resigned in January.
Amid the pressure, Rosen said he refused to speak to Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani about his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen.
When Meadows sought to have Rosen arrange an FBI meeting with a Giuliani ally pushing a conspiracy theory that Italy was using military technology and satellites to somehow change votes to Joe Biden, Rosen said he would not help Giuliani.
"I flatly refused, said I would not be giving any special treatment to Giuliani or any of his 'witnesses,' and re-affirmed yet again that I will not talk to Giuliani about any of this," Rosen wrote to Donoghue.

(My bold.) There was pressure about other alleged irregularities in Georgia. Luckily, Rosen and Donoghue kept their heads on straight.

Rosen forwarded the email to Donoghue later that day, saying: "Can you believe this? I am not going to respond to the message below."
"At least it's better than the last one, but that doesn't say much," Donoghue responded.
When Meadows sent Rosen a YouTube video link about Italian satellites, Rosen forwarded it to Donoghue, who responded, "Pure insanity."

And ya know, Trump is so vengeful that even if he had won he'd probably still be ordering the apparatus of government to chase down these wild geese. Thank god that insane man is now 1,000 miles away from the Oval Office.

This is bad enough as a misuse of government. We’ve yet to find the extent to which he was spying on reporters and members of Congress.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
And ya know, Trump is so vengeful that even if he had won he'd probably still be ordering the apparatus of government to chase down these wild geese. Thank god that insane man is now 1,000 miles away from the Oval Office.

This is bad enough as a misuse of government. We’ve yet to find the extent to which he was spying on reporters and members of Congress.

I'm wondering what sort of interference his remaining supporters will run on that one. There's a big difference between an investigation by a neutral party and an investigation directed by one of the candidates, including Trump's thinly veiled pressuring of election officials.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
For those blocked by WP's paywall, CNN has a similar story.

The upshot is Jeffrey Rosen and DOJ official Richard Donoghue got a memo from Trump's staff with yet another claim of election fraud, this time in Michigan.

(My bold.) There was pressure about other alleged irregularities in Georgia. Luckily, Rosen and Donoghue kept their heads on straight.

Not sure the Congress will pay more than lip service to outrage over Trump spying on members of the press. The pols live or die over attention from the press but they never like being the subject of investigatory reporting. They all just want their scripted soundbites aired on TV.

Spying on fellow members of Congress and their families though... only the likes of hyperpartisans like Jim Jordan could limit all imagination of that to a mental picture of Adam Schiff, for instance, and just shrug it off.

How would you like to be Eve Schiff, belatedly discovering that her personal communications had been tossed like so much furniture in a drug raid during a late-night rerun of some police procedural? And how about finding out that the phone records of one of your minor children had also been swept up under subpoena?

And why isn't Bill Barr locked up yet for having more than danced around the truth when questioned by then Senator Kamala Harris... all that "grappling with the meaning of the word 'suggest'" was so much bushwah masquerading as uncertainty or flawed memory etc.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This just gets weirder and weirder. Copies of the Arizona voter data have now been taken to a secretive “lab” in Montana, where they are in the hands of yet another self-styled forensics “expert”.

I tell ya, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. This has long passed the borders of crooked, stupid and crazy and is now entering the town of Whatthefuck. 😳

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
This just gets weirder and weirder. Copies of the Arizona voter data have now been taken to a secretive “lab” in Montana, where they are in the hands of yet another self-styled forensics “expert”.

I tell ya, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. This has long passed the borders of crooked, stupid and crazy and is now entering the town of Whatthefuck. 😳

As far as investigations are concerned, I would not be surprised if some of these guys end up investigated over voter intimidation. Also, how do they even maintain a clean chain of custody with these things. Without that I don't see how any claims would hold water, not they would anyway, given the jackasses involved. I would hope that Arizona voters recognize the waste of tax dollars next time the politicians who supported this are up for reelection.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Saw this on Rachel Maddow tonight, and it is completely CRAZY BALLS!!!

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1407145090976526336/

Hopefully her 20 minute explainer gets put online, because the lead up you will NOT see coming before it gets to what's being done in Arizona.

Unfortunately they didn't include the incredible lead up that prefaces this woman, into the sea of grifters we are swimming in.

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’ve said it before: the Department of Justice needs to use RICO laws to investigate the Republican party. The corruption there is totally out of control.

However I have my doubts about DOJ’s capability and willingness to do that.

In the first place, investigating an entire party as corrupt I don’t think has a precedent in our country. The very idea is fraught with the obvious political pitfalls, especially claims of political persecution.

Secondly, I don’t know if Merrick Garland is tough enough to take the kind action that is necessary. You’d need a crusader—somebody with more prosecutory zeal, like former Attorney General and Governor of New York Elliot Spitzer.

And finally, the number of attorneys and investigators Garland is talking about hiring is not nearly enough. The rot is so deep you’d need to develop an entire section of the Justice Department simply to concentrate on this ongoing criminal enterprise.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This is a very shitty rip of the show last night, that is horribly out of synch.

BUT... If you can manage to muscle your way thru the first 15 minutes or so, it's the lead into the video that MSNBC itself put up. IGNORE the rest. The synching issues will hurt your brain, and fawning of dem congress people gets old fast.

The explainer is literally vintage Maddow, that's made her show interesting. Literally trying to figure out why she's going on about a bankrupt Icelandic airline and it's relevance to anything going on today. To find out the connections & go....

DimGraciousGrub-size_restricted.gif

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you want to get the absolute shit scared out of you, forgo "The Conjuring 3" and click below for last night's (6-11-21) Rachel Maddow Show. She devoted her first ten minutes to stories of places around the country--and it sounds like there's quite a few of them--where decent, honest election officials are being hounded out of office.

Stories of city council meetings being ambushed with astroturfed phone calls lasting hours, demanding the resignation of someone who oversaw a perfectly legitimate election. (It worked, too. He resigned.) Stories of poll officials and their families threatened with death. Stories of plain old poll workers delivering ballots at night and being threateningly pursued by SUVs. Oh, it's ugly.

It sounds like a lot of these people don't want to come back to their jobs, and Maddow rightly points out the number of Trump types who are just waiting in the wings to fill their spots. I mean, that's the whole idea.

Merrick Garland has promised to vigorously pursue cases of voter suppression, and he's planning to add to the personnel in that division of DOJ, but it sounds like they still might be woefully understaffed to deal with what might happen in November of 2022. If some of these bastards get in office, how are we supposed to trust that they'll count the votes fairly and legally?

The slow moving coup is positioning itself for the kill shot.

I expect soon "I'm a patriot" will be tossed out there as a legal defense for breaking the law which will soon be followed by "The extreme communist left wants to make being a patriot illegal"

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The explainer is literally vintage Maddow, that's made her show interesting. Literally trying to figure out why she's going on about a bankrupt Icelandic airline and it's relevance to anything going on today. To find out the connections & go....
Gotta admit when she started that bit last night I was going WTF? But what an amazing segment.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

If you care about Democracy, this is the kind of shit that destroys it, if we allow the dispicables to hold office. It all becomes a big sham/stump the dummies exercise, knife in the heart democracy.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let’s revisit US history and the Civil War. Back then it was this fight is not about slavery, it’s about State’s Rights!! Our right to be slave owners. :rolleyes:

Today, we have Republican controlled State Legislatures who are in the process of making voting harder for their constituents/targets who are percieved not to vote for their party, minorities. So things that used to be ok, like drop boxes, and more leeway to request an absentee ballot, or more liberal voting hours of polls, has been yanked tighter NOT because there was fraud, but because of voter suppression, and instead of using the words State’s Rights, their new buzz phrase is Don’t Federalize the Vote! as if it puts a damper our confidence about a fair vote on our ability to suppress the vote.

How audaciously corrupt and ANTI-DEMOCRATIC can these people be? They can actually look each other and say crap with a straight face. And all the Southern racists* hate it when outsiders rain on their hate party.

* Not an implication that all Southerners are racists, or that racists are only found in the South. But it is the South where Republicans predominantly control State Legislatures and are enacting racist legislation. A racist is as a racist does.

In Suing Georgia, Justice Department Says State's New Voting Law Targets Black Voters​

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let’s revisit US history and the Civil War. Back then it was this fight is not about slavery, it’s about State’s Rights!! Our right to be slave owners. :rolleyes:

Today, we have Republican controlled State Legislatures who are in the process of making voting harder for their constituents/targets who are percieved not to vote for their party, minorities. So things that used to be ok, like drop boxes, and more leeway to request an absentee ballot, or more liberal voting hours of polls, has been yanked tighter NOT because there was fraud, but because of voter suppression, and instead of using the words State’s Rights, their new buzz phrase is Don’t Federalize the Vote! as if it puts a damper our confidence about a fair vote on our ability to suppress the vote.

How audaciously corrupt and ANTI-DEMOCRATIC can these people be? They can actually look each other and say crap with a straight face. And all the Southern racists* hate it when outsiders rain on their hate party.

* Not an implication that all Southerners are racists, or that racists are only found in the South. But it is the South where Republicans predominantly control State Legislatures and are enacting racist legislation. A racist is as a racist does.

In Suing Georgia, Justice Department Says State's New Voting Law Targets Black Voters​

They shouldn’t be allowed to just say “It’s not racist” and that ends the debate.

Democrats also shouldn’t be allowed to just lazily fire back with “yes it is”. They need to explain point by point how each measure is racist or suppressing the vote and Republicans need to answer to each.

Republicans need to explain why they are only doing this now after Republican losses.

Republicans need to list every proven case of widespread voter fraud and not be allowed to speak in hypothetical vague terms like “irregularities”.

Democrats have the defeating habit of letting Republicans loudly control the narrative and at best just hope people know they are lying. There are plenty of people who don’t know that and they’re not given a compelling narrative or reason to counter it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
They shouldn’t be allowed to just say “It’s not racist” and that ends the debate.

Democrats also shouldn’t be allowed to just lazily fire back with “yes it is”. They need to explain point by point how each measure is racist or suppressing the vote and Republicans need to answer to each.

Republicans need to explain why they are only doing this now after Republican losses.

Republicans need to list every proven case of widespread voter fraud and not be allowed to speak in hypothetical vague terms like “irregularities”.

Democrats have the defeating habit of letting Republicans loudly control the narrative and at best just hope people know they are lying. There are plenty of people who don’t know that and they’re not given a compelling narrative or reason to counter it.
Sounds like you’re advocating for the teaching of CRT which is illegal.

Top Bottom
1 2