Stealing The Election 101

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
i think that trump/steven miller/steve bannon/bill bar/moscow mitch have written the preliminary first draft edition of Dictatorship for Dummies which is still now only in pre-publication, while it is being refined by the Republican Party and the Supreme Court.

Let's not forget though that the courts have not caved in.... it was a conservative judge with credentials of membership in the Federalist society who threw that Pennsylvania case out with a 37-page excoriation of Trump's lawyers for even having brought such a case into a courtroom in the United States of America.

Trump has no path forward that overturns enough states' outcomes to flip the presidential election to himself.

The GOP may or may not realize now that Trump is more threat than advantage to their own prospects even from the sidelines if he manages to hold a following after he leaves office. McConnell sees it, not sure about McCarthy, but their respective charges in Senate and House respectively so far seem frozen in party-over-country mode.

However: It remains to be seen how they and various new members of the 117th Congress will react when private citizen Trump --as is likely unless he's immediately embroiled in serious criminal court proceedings-- starts acting like he's running a shadow government from his smartphone accounts and via any mainstream media appearances he nails down.

Trump has hinted at feeling personally insecure because of his perceived enemies sometimes, but he may not realize that it's not folks like mayors of blue state cities who are the people likely to turn on him after he exits the White House, in the event he acts like he's still in charge of a superpower. In the case of behavior like that, it's people whose prospects in his own party he has damaged, or may damage that he should probably worry about.

A friend once said that the biggest mistake Trump as president will ever have made was simply standing on Day One of his presidency in front of the CIA's memorial wall, the one w/ 117 stars representing unnamed agents who have died in the line of duty, and rambling on and on and on to the assembled CIA staffers and their managers about how great was his campaign and how unfair it was that people thought more people had showed up at Obama's inauguration than at his own the day before.

Yeah, he did that. NIce photo op, eh? "My CIA guys"... "my generals".... my NASA / USDA / FDA ...

Fricken guy's lucky some relocated USDA data collector hasn't already mowed over Trump's toes sometime at a preview of the tractor pull in a county fair appearance on the Fourth of July...

Day One 2017 - Trump being Trump.png

Now I don't know and didn't ask where my friend may have been going with his remark that that appearance will have ended up as Trump's worst mistake, nor did he elaborate, but I know that Trump has pulled similarly self-centered and thoughtless stunts on staff of other agencies and departments for his entire presidency. I do not envy for a second whoever it is who will land on Trump's security details going forward if Trump persists in trying to use the USA government and its agencies as props for his self-aggrandizement in his post-presidential life. There are limits to the public's patience, but we are easily distracted. There are limits to government's patience also and may prove more task focused. They have resources should give anyone pause, even someone like Donald Trump. We might end up in court v Trump sometime, why not, --contractors who have had to sue Trump are a dime a thousand-- but that's only where Trump's hijacked party might START in order to impress upon him their own powers if he starts getting in their way and they can't just wave him off. Bill Barr runs a department has a lot of power. Bill Barr won't be there come the end of January.

I'd think it very unlikely Trump could manage to keep a consistent "host" position in a show dedicated to keeping him a center of public attention. He's a spoiled dabbler at best now. He's most comfortable sitting in a White House private quarters bedroom taking pot shots on a protected account on Twitter. As a real person in real life, he has been maintaining a pretty erratic schedule for a long time now, with an entire cabinet and West Wing worth of aides to take up the slack and provide distraction. I'd not be surprised if Trump fades away playing golf with guys who have remained personally loyal to him at least to his face, and not be surprised if he just dies in bed the way a surprising number of actual and wannabe dictators do. It's to the country's advantage if that's exactly what does happen. Hard to make a martyr of a guy who just strokes out on one too many hamberders or a round too many of golf in the hot sun some afternoon.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
I feel the longer Trump keeps this up the less likely he would win reelection in 2024 if he decides to run. All somebody would have to do is point out how many people died, how many people lost their job, how many people lost their housing, and how many businesses went under in the months he did and said nothing other than he was the biggest suffering victim at that time.
All that was true, and was said three weeks ago, and he still got more votes than any other candidate in history, except for Biden. They don't care: he's their god, he's their leader, anyone else is the enemy.

It's a cult, nothing can be said that will make them change their minds. They won't recant now, they have invested too much, it's easier to double down, as long as there's enough people that they don't feel they are the only ones (and this is ensured via FOX or OANN, who provide a sense of community).

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
All that was true, and was said three weeks ago, and he still got more votes than any other candidate in history, except for Biden. They don't care: he's their god, he's their leader, anyone else is the enemy.

It's a cult, nothing can be said that will make them change their minds. They won't recant now, they have invested too much, it's easier to double down, as long as there's enough people that they don't feel they are the only ones (and this is ensured via FOX or OANN, who provide a sense of community).

Nonetheless Trump's cult is not running the show in the USA....

Trump's current advisors (equivalent of folks who would be Trump's media managers or producers in his private life if he decided to try to retain a public following) immediately told him that Sydney Powell had to go after she crossed a line that the Republican Party honchos could not tolerate: it was one thing for Powell to spout already debunked conspiracy theories but quite another when she waded into edges of a pending runoff election in Georgia in a damaging way.

Powell accused Georgia's governor and secretary of state (both Republican officials) of taking payoffs to affect Nov 3 election results and that necessity of a Warnock-Loeffler runoff was fraudulently created, suggesting the race was actually won outright by Trump's preferred GOP candidate, Doug Collins.​
That was a bridge too far for the GOP, as the last thing they need is doubt in Georgia's Trump-voters' heads, about maybe could still write in Collins' name in the January runoff, etc... and so split the vote and hand the seat to Warnock.​

Surely we don't think Trump himself sat up on the edge of his bed and said oh my God that woman is going to cost us the Senate in Georgia, we must fire her at once. No. Trump doesn't think about himself as a Republican. He is The Don.

If he even heard what Powell falsely alleged about Doug Collins having won over Loeffler for the GOP side of the ticket in November, he was probably blissed out, no matter that what Powell said was a flat lie. Plus he loathes Kemp and Raffensperger for validating Georgia's electoral votes going into the Biden-Harris column. Was probably thrilled that Sydney Powell falsely accused them of election-related chicanery.

So it fell to Trump's advisors to get down to firing Sydney Powell, despite whatever Trump's cult may have felt about her, or about things past and future in the state of Georgia. And it would be Trump's producers or PR managers having to disavow highly inappropriate statements by Trump himself, or by his hangers-on or guests in a post-presidential media circus hosted by Donald Trump.

This is why Trump will become the Republican Party's perennial thorn in side after he has left office, if he doesn't STFU and let the party deal as it sees fit with the Biden administration and all its own future campaign efforts. He has never had the slightest allegiance to the party he hijacked to land in the Oval Office.

Will the Trump cult flourish anyway after Trump leaves office? Maybe, but they become once again the equivalent of a Rush Limbaugh show audience. That is different to having been a vocal component of a political base courted by the GOP when Trump was nominal leader of their party.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If Jesus came to earth today, it would be a repeat of 2000 years ago. Evangelicals would be the Pharisees 2.0, crucifying him. They’d attack him for being an Arab, bleeding-heart liberal, communist. Just read the gospels and see if evangelicals bear ANY resemblance to the ideals Jesus put forward within.
Evangelicals should just covert to Judaism because they both don’t follow the New Testament. It’s all about the Old Testament God of retribution. Jesus who?

lizkat

Reaction score
Evangelicals should just covert to Judaism because they both don’t follow the New Testament. It’s all about the Old Testament God of retribution. Jesus who?

Jesus the lefty radical... the Dems should unostentatiously reclaim him since the right-leaning evangelicals seem to have left the dude in the dust. Guy could come in handy packing food boxes for all those thousands of Texans waiting in line for Trump's USDA to ante up better in the food pantry department. Imagine opening one of those boxes and finding a letter from Jesus in there instead of the one Trump insisted they send out over his name and campaign-style reminder of how great he is (which letter had to be removed since it's a violation of the Hatch Act)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jesus the lefty radical... the Dems should unostentatiously reclaim him since the right-leaning evangelicals seem to have left the dude in the dust. Guy could come in handy packing food boxes for all those thousands of Texans waiting in line for Trump's USDA to ante up better in the food pantry department. Imagine opening one of those boxes and finding a letter from Jesus in there instead of the one Trump insisted they send out over his name and campaign-style reminder of how great he is (which letter had to be removed since it's a violation of the Hatch Act)
Reclaimed!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Man trump has hit a new low when rush even hates what your doing.

Limbaugh criticizes Trump’s lawyers: They promised “blockbuster” evidence — then “nothing happened”​

There are now calls for disbarment and rightfully so.

On the drive home I listened to PE Biden’s Thanksgiving message of unity and healing, and fighting COVID and I’m still not used to hearing anything coherent from POTUS, that it still makes me catch my breath.

Then I heard excerpts from the OPOS* at his Cry Fo Me I Got Plenty of Lies Left To Tell Rally and his wannabe Big Turd personal lawyer (he’s just a little turd next to OPOS) and it’s the most disgusting performance I have ever seen in an elected official, but not from what I imagine from a defanged mob boss.

*Outgoing POS

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
There are now calls for disbarment and rightfully so.

On the drive home I listened to PE Biden’s Thanksgiving message of unity and healing, and fighting COVID and I’m still not used to hearing anything coherent from POTUS, that it still makes me catch my breath.

Then I heard excerpts from the OPOS* at his Cry Fo Me I Got Plenty of Lies Left To Tell Rally and his wannabe Big Turd personal lawyer (he’s just a little turd next to OPOS) and it’s the most disgusting performance I have ever seen in an elected official, but not from what I imagine from a defanged mob boss.

*Outgoing POS

Just watched a clip from Mr Biden's remarks, in the Guardian and on Twitter:

Very impressive, and exactly what people have wanted to hear, needed to hear, and been yearning to hear.

Sane, sensible, empathic, sympathy, finding the right words and the right tone, offering decent (and, I don't doubt, competent, leadership, free from coarseness, cruelty and corruption), leadership, a framework of language and a direction for the future.

I won't say - how did it come to this? That what should be a base line, becomes something to be immensely grateful for, and actually proud of.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just watched a clip from Mr Biden's remarks, in the Guardian and on Twitter:

Very impressive, and exactly what people have wanted to hear, needed to hear, and been yearning to hear.

Sane, sensible, empathic, sympathy, finding the right words and the right tone, offering decent (and, I don't doubt, competent, leadership, free from coarseness, cruelty and corruption), leadership, a framework of language and a direction for the future.

I won't say - how did it come to this? That what should be a base line, becomes something to be immensely grateful for, and actually proud of.
Much depends on the number of infected, that remain infected and I’m referencing TDS not COVID-19.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree, Georgian Republicans you should not vote in the Senate runoff election, lol.
I was listening to some yahoo, Attorney Lyn Wood at a rally of sorts, on a MSNBC video clip suggesting that voters in Georgia not vote in the runoff election unless some change is made to “fix the corruption, make the election secure!” Holy crap, he was actually telling Republicans not to vote as a means of pressuring the two Republicans and Governor in the runoffs to do something, what exactly I’m not sure. As is he had the balls to say Georgians are not stupid! while arguing they not vote, which would hand these seats to the Democrats and as Senate majority. No, not stupid. 👀

Sidney Powells Suggests Georgia Voters Skip Senate Runoff Elections​

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
They’re trying everything. Everything.

A White House liaison to the Justice Department kept trying to find some sort of “proof” of voter fraud until they eventually told her to get out—and stay out.

This is almost the equivalent of planting a mole in the organization.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
More...
Stirrup had also extended job offers to political allies for positions at some of the highest levels of the Justice Department without consulting any senior department officials or the White House counsel’s office and also attempted to interfere in the hiring process for career staffers, a violation of the government’s human resources policies, one of the people said.
What the...?

Top Bottom
1 2