Stealing The Election 101

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Back in 2014, the Texas Republican Party had a plank in the official party platform repudiating the teaching in schools of critical thinking skills. Someone decided that was not a good look, so they deleted it before the platform was finalized, but not before we had a chance to see it in there.

Teaching that aggressively would probably improve the situation is this country.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Back in 2014, the Texas Republican Party had a plank in the official party platform repudiating the teaching in schools of critical thinking skills. Someone decided that was not a good look, so they deleted it before the platform was finalized, but not before we had a chance to see it in there.

Teaching that aggressively would probably improve the situation is this country.
Unfortunately we have a major political party and at least one dominating religion dead set on delusional thinking as the key to their success. 😳

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned already, but maybe we're getting inured to this stuff.

Heated Oval Office meeting included talk of special counsel, martial law as Trump advisers clash​

(CNN)President Donald Trump convened a heated meeting in the Oval Office on Friday, including lawyer Sidney Powell and her client, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, two people familiar with the matter said, describing a session that began as an impromptu gathering but devolved and eventually broke out into screaming matches at certain points as some of Trump's aides pushed back on Powell and Flynn's more outrageous suggestions about overturning the election.
Flynn had suggested earlier this week that Trump could invoke martial law as part of his efforts to overturn the election that he lost to President-elect Joe Biden -- an idea that arose again during the meeting in the Oval Office, one of the people said. It wasn't clear whether Trump endorsed the idea, but others in the room forcefully pushed back and shot it down.
My bold.

I'm glad someone was there to argue against the idea. Martial law??? "Investigating" a clean election? To overturn a result you don't like?

Flynn has committed another crime--conspiracy to commit treason--and so has Powell. Trump's pardon of Flynn for past events won't cover this, unless Trump issues another one.

Somebody in the Biden administration, please have the courage to charge them both.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This Twitter thread shows you that: people don’t understand that some counties have 150 people in them while others have over 4 million in them. It also shows that there are LOTS of total rubes out there that STILL think Trump won. Were all these people this dumb to begin with, or did their brains slowly atrophy from a steady diet of Trump-tweets for 4 years?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1340180468239503361/

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
And the beat goes on.

Lin Wood, a pro-Trump lawyer who has been aggressively promoting unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud, tweeted a plan to boycott Georgia's critical Senate runoff race Friday and hinted at arresting GOP Senators Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue.

This yutz is so convinced there's a mysterious algorithm that is switching votes, he is recommending Republicans boycott the runoff. This, to his mind, will confuse the algorithm so much that it will record a negative number of Republican votes. That will in turn cause SCOTUS to invalidate the election and Loeffler, Perdue and others will be arrested.

I mean, he's got charts and everything! 🤪

It's frightening the number of mentally certifiable people there are out there in responsible positions. Let's hope this joker gets disbarred.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
And the beat goes on.

This yutz is so convinced there's a mysterious algorithm that is switching votes, he is recommending Republicans boycott the runoff. This, to his mind, will confuse the algorithm so much that it will record a negative number of Republican votes. That will in turn cause SCOTUS to invalidate the election and Loeffler, Perdue and others will be arrested.

I mean, he's got charts and everything! 🤪

It's frightening the number of mentally certifiable people there are out there in responsible positions. Let's hope this joker gets disbarred.
If Republicans lose both runoffs due to low turnout related to boycotts, will the party come to their senses and start expelling the worst elements of the Trump movement?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
If Republicans lose both runoffs due to low turnout related to boycotts, will the party come to their senses and start expelling the worst elements of the Trump movement?

No, I very much doubt it.

They have spent the past four years enabling him, and they have yet to admit, "own", or take responsibility for all that has been allowed to happen suring his presidency.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
You might think that losing both Houses of Congress would do it. The trend of losing their grip arguable started in 2018 with losing the House and must be ambiguously clear, but the GOP gained seats in the House in 2020.

Then the question becomes do they change their way, the party splits, or they double down on being shits. And it’s also a matter of the sheep and who they turn to for leadership. We are in this mess because of them. 👀

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Wow. Just...wow. 😮

Trump begs Georgia secretary of state to overturn election results in remarkable, hourlong phone call

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said. "There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes."

Trump even suggested that Raffensperger may face criminal consequences should he refuse to intervene in accordance with Trump's wishes.

Raffensperger and his office's general counsel, Ryan Germany, pushed back on the president's claims and said President-elect Joe Biden's victory of more than 12,700 votes was accurate.

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” Trump said in the call. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

"Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong," Raffensperger responded.

In a separate exchange, Trump said he wanted Raffensperger to "find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

How the hell is this not illegal? Soliciting a Secretary of State to find a way to change the result?

The second Trump’s out he needs to be charged with attempted election fraud.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
I hope Biden has changed his mind on helping out the UK with trade agreements. Trump was promising to work out a trade deal with us and Biden made his opinions known he was pro EU. As much as I hate Trump and for purely selfish reasons for m6 country, I hope we get some support from our allies.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Wow. Just...wow. 😮

How the hell is this not illegal? Soliciting a Secretary of State to find a way to change the result?

The pathetic sycophants in the WH need to be held accountable too. It’s obvious none of them are telling Trump: no you actually lost. The other sad thing is a lot of Trump voters believe the lies. Republican governors are telling them the election was valid, but now the Trump-lovers accuse those Republicans of being part of the conspiracy against Trump?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The other sad thing is a lot of Trump voters believe the lies.

This is the part I just cannot get my head around. These Trump-disputed key states were not lost by a handful of votes.

Okay so there is one House seat where the GOP margin was six or seven votes and the apparent winner was seated today even though an administrative committee in the House is properly considering an appeal to count 22 (or 21) contested votes for the Democrat.​

But that's not how the Presidential votes are adjudicated and that's not how it went anyway in Georgia, Pennsylvania, etc. -- so not only did Trump not win those key states, he didn't even lose them by some tiny margin that could be wiped out in a recount.

Yet he paid for recounts anyway, and then went to court again trying to get the judiciary to... well just to overturn the results and declare Trump the winner. Sixty-odd court cases and a shedload of mockery later, he is still the loser... and doing stupid stuff like trying to threaten pols who refuse to entertain his delusion about the outcome.

OK so Trump may be delusional, or else (more likely) thinks that losing an election is a personal humiliation too great to bear... so this is part of his schtick for a post-presidential media campaign... but it's really hard for me to understand that very many Americans can actually believe that he won at this point or that there was fraud at a level that could overturn the certified results.

Whatever happened to the usual response to a lost election: "Damn, and I had $5 on my guy in the office pool".

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is the part I just cannot get my head around. These Trump-disputed key states were not lost by a handful of votes.

Okay so there is one House seat where the GOP margin was six or seven votes and the apparent winner was seated today even though an administrative committee in the House is properly considering an appeal to count 22 (or 21) contested votes for the Democrat.​

But that's not how the Presidential votes are adjudicated and that's not how it went anyway in Georgia, Pennsylvania, etc. -- so not only did Trump not win those key states, he didn't even lose them by some tiny margin that could be wiped out in a recount.

Yet he paid for recounts anyway, and then went to court again trying to get the judiciary to... well just to overturn the results and declare Trump the winner. Sixty-odd court cases and a shedload of mockery later, he is still the loser... and doing stupid stuff like trying to threaten pols who refuse to entertain his delusion about the outcome.

OK so Trump may be delusional, or else (more likely) thinks that losing an election is a personal humiliation too great to bear... so this is part of his schtick for a post-presidential media campaign... but it's really hard for me to understand that very many Americans can actually believe that he won at this point or that there was fraud at a level that could overturn the certified results.

Whatever happened to the usual response to a lost election: "Damn, and I had $5 on my guy in the office pool".
The education system in America must be broken. How else can we explain millions of people who can’t tell reality from fiction?

U

User.45

Wow. Just...wow. 😮

It's an impressive performance to get accusations against you proved at such a high rate.

Top Bottom
1 2